* Ryan Tannehill showed toughness on a few occasions. I am sure his teammates appreciated the toughness.
* RT showed well on the lone TD drive. He made good decisions and moved around well.
* Brian Hartline was very good today.
* The O-line was okay after Long's injury. Shows nice prep and coaching.
* The D kept the Fins in it today. The Pats were held to their lowest yardage total. They kept Tom Brady to his lowest QBR. The Fins pass D has been bad this year, but I was happy how they performed. The pass rush came to the dance with 4 sacks on Tom Brady.
* Cam Wake was dominating today. He is the best and most explosive player the Fins have. Excellent, excellent player.
* Reshard Jones is becoming a playmaker. His pick broke a 4 games streak of no turnovers. He was also around the ball all game. More players are needed like Wake and Jones.
* Koa Misi was very active
* Sean Smith was solid on the outside. Brandon Lloyd was a non-factor.
* Paul Soliai is warming up. Again he was a factor in the middle on run plays and push the pocket.
* I loved how the Fins O finished the half. Good clock management. Left the Pats with no time on the clock. Finishing halves are important and the Dolphins were strong in that area.
* Dan Carpenter was solid today. Seems to have found his groove.
* I thought Joe Philbin managed a good game. Made some nice decisions that helped keep his team in the game. The punt to pin the Pats was smart. The FG again was right on and more teams should do it like that. Finally, at thought he used his TO's too early at the end, but the more I thought about it he was right. Good day by Joe overall.
* Kevin Coyle called a good game. There were a few calls that did not work, but that happens vs. the Pats. Maybe he gave a blue print to slow the Pats down for the league. One can only hope.
* The Fins competed. I thought this could get ugly, but they hung tough. Real tough. Ultimately, they did not have enough, but the team played hard.
* RT was too inaccurate. He missed on some throws that could have changed the complexion of the game. I have said for weeks that I hate the "he does not have weapons" talk. He does not have enough help, but when Brian Hartline is streaking by a defender, RT has to hit it for six.
* RT is excellent when he steps into his throw. He had some nice balls today, but not nearly enough.
* At times, early in the game, I think RT was a little tentative. That is why I liked how he showed some toughness on his runs.
* Jake Long. Ineffective play and now the injury.
* Davone Bess has questionable field awareness the last few weeks. He has caught the ball and gone backwards missing the 1st down by a few feet. Strange for a smart player.
* Not getting a TD after the Jones pick was huge. 7 was needed.
* The D wilted on the last drive. They needed a stop, but could not muster up one more after a game effort all day. Too many missed tackles on the last drive as well.
* Jimmy Wilson's roughing the punter penalty.
* Denney and Fields. Usually the operation is fine. Today, a low snap and Fields could not pick up the "wet eel".
* I do not think Miami attack Talib enough. Highly overrated player. He is physical and will PI when beat. Should have attacked him more.
* The call to go for the punt on Wilson's penalty was questionable. Get the ball back and play O.
* The team competed hard and hung with a good team. Not good enough, but some areas to happy with.
* I said it at the time and I will say it now, Jimmy Wilson's roughing penalty was a game changer. The Fins had the ball back and got off the field. The Pats got right back on the field and scored. Huge decision to rush the punt and undisciplined play by Wilson.
* If this game was a measuring stick, it shows there is more work to be done. The Fins do not suck. However, there is still a lot of work to do before getting in the league of the Pats.
* The reason the Fins teams of the past beat the Pats was because they had play makers. It has nothing to do with the heat of Miami. It was because of the likes of Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Pat Surtain and Sam Madison were game changers. The Fins need more players like Wake and Jones.
* It is also time to start drafting to beat teams in the division. Find players that the Pats will have a hard time defending and making plays against.
* Good to see the team even in the TO differential. However, this game called to be plus 3 or 4 to win.
* The offense needed to give more and did not come through. The game was their for the taking if a little more O. Not enough in the way of drives or big plays to win the game.
* I am not sure how to make the argument that Jake Long should be back. It will be interesting to see Jonathan Martin at LT the next four weeks vs. good pass rushers.
* Hats off to Coyle. I think he called a good game. He is doing well this year as a DC.
* 3 straight weeks special teams have given up big plays that led to points. It has to be cleaned up.
* The officiating was terrible. Calls such as Ron Winter (who runs like he has a dump in his pants) point the wrong way, a missed face mask on the Pats, a ridiculous PI on Dansby and missed holding calls on some Pats runs were all big plays. I will say it again: there is no difference between the "real guys" and the replacements.
* Dan Dierdorf's man love for the Patriots and Tom Brady is over the top. I can honestly say I hate him as analyst.
* Vince Wilfork's wife looks like Kevin James.
* Brandon Spikes is an *******. A complete thug and bum.
* Decent noise from Fin Fans at the Sun Life today at times.