Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hoops scoops...pats dolphins

1. -21
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Whoa Hitler came out of nowhere .

Good analysis.
    Thats what Poland said.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    Thats what Poland said.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    Thats what Poland said.
    Post of the week.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

hoops scoops...pats dolphins

Nice write-up Hoops, solid stuff.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Hoops, you aren't concerned about Tannehill's accuracy today? I gotta be honest, I watched some the places he was throwing the ball and got a litttttle bit nervous.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Well, Incognito being shown the door shouldn't even be a matter for debate. He's an overgrown troll and plays like one. I don't know whether they'll move Jerry to RT right away as he appears to be a low grade moron and this staff puts a huge emphasis on knowing what you're doing. But that's definitely the better move from a skill set standpoint. Like I said, then the question becomes about who starts at RG. I don't think Samuda would be as raw as you're saying, especially when the alternative is starting Garner. But at least if you move Jerry outside you have options inside. Yeatman's on the roster but he's not as good an option at RT as Samuda or Garner is inside.

Either way I agree about Fasano. He's going to be left in to block a lot more now, much like he was last year. And not just him, but Daniel Thomas is probably going to have an even bigger role in the offense because he's a better pass blocker (though he got fooled by Mayo on that crucial red zone play). I wouldn't be surprised if Lamar Miller doesn't take another snap all year, barring an injury to Bush or Thomas.
    yeah thomas definitely got fooled on that one...delayed blitzer up the middle thomas when he didn't see an initial rush rolled outside to help off the edge and let mayo just walk straight down the pipe and earhole our qb...pretty good play that tanny didn't fumble that ball really although he did see mayo steam rolling at him very late

i think also on the play prior that hartline couldn't get his feet in bounds there was illegal contact more than 5 yards downfield by the second defender that contacted hartline and no call...i saw a lot of stuff that i felt like we didn't get the benefit of the whistle on...how does no one see as much as the league protects the qb the blatant face mask and head turn of tannehill on that one run by him??? saw some hands to the face and some holding that wasn't called also and i thought that pi down the field with dansby was garbage...he got his head around on the play to me it's good coverage...kind of calls that flip the field
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Hoops, you aren't concerned about Tannehill's accuracy today? I gotta be honest, I watched some the places he was throwing the ball and got a litttttle bit nervous.
    i don't really get concerned about accuracy when i watch tannehill...the decision making is so good that he can be a little off i'd say and get away with it...and i expect his accuracy and placement to get better also over time...i know he missed a perfect pa bomb to hartline over the top but he's shown to date he has vertical accuracy and good ball placement he just missed on that throw by about 3 feet...ideally he throws that ball underthrown if anything and lets hartline come to it if need be but hey he missed on a vertical route and perfect play call...it happens to the best of em...

on the underthrown ball to hartline late in the game imo that balls about contact during his throwing motion it's why i believe while still catchable that balls underthrown...now he did miss bush on a boundary slant route into the middle of the field threw it behind him but that may have been he thought bush was gonna carry a more vertical angle than bush did out of his cut and not come so sharply across at any rate though it was a nice read a nice decision and well set up tanny just missed on the throw...if bush catches that ball that's an easy 20 yard gain on 3rd down...

he definitely misses some things to be a franchise qb he needs to convert on but i'm not ready to start banging the kid for his accuracy now 12 starts into his pro career...if his decision making was bad i would see that as more an issue than being off at times with some throws...he'll clean up some things and his footwork and pocket play will get better...no doubt in my mind
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I gotta say that Tannehill's lack of accuracy yesterday gives me pause for concern to say the least. If Miami gets even average quarterbacking yesterday, this game was there to be taken. There is no "weapon" excuse. He had guys who separated that he flat out missed, and it's not the first game that we have seen that. I'm not panicking yet, but I am definitely concerned. I love the kid's tools but you need to have an "it" factor.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah the three throws he missed were all big. But what was with Bess yesterday? His safety blanket was off too. I feel like he dropped three catchable balls yesterday. The non calls in the game were frustrating, especially when CBS actually shows how blantant the facemask was on Tannehill. That gives us first and ten from like the 11. Would have been huge. Also the Brady throw to nobody and no intentional grounding, even Dierdork mentioned it. Two huge non calls. The PI, I hated the call but those things are just toss ups to me. There is no consistencey in the reffing of those. You see what Dansby did every pass play and its considered good coverage as long as he isn't holding the player back. Huge call in the Pats favor. I hate blaming the refs but just those three plays were huge. Those calls would have cost the pats 52 yards. Thats huge. I wish Clay would get more run as well. He was a mismatch again vs any of the LBs out there. Spikes couldn't cover him if his life depended on it. The Bush Slant was my biggest miss, should be an easy throw and a 3rd down conversion. Deep throws have some many variables. Who knows if the wind got under that ball alittle and kept it up, but then we are making excuses.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    yeah thomas definitely got fooled on that one...delayed blitzer up the middle thomas when he didn't see an initial rush rolled outside to help off the edge and let mayo just walk straight down the pipe and earhole our qb...pretty good play that tanny didn't fumble that ball really although he did see mayo steam rolling at him very late

i think also on the play prior that hartline couldn't get his feet in bounds there was illegal contact more than 5 yards downfield by the second defender that contacted hartline and no call...i saw a lot of stuff that i felt like we didn't get the benefit of the whistle on...how does no one see as much as the league protects the qb the blatant face mask and head turn of tannehill on that one run by him??? saw some hands to the face and some holding that wasn't called also and i thought that pi down the field with dansby was garbage...he got his head around on the play to me it's good coverage...kind of calls that flip the field
    Yeah, I agree. tyler talked about this in his thread but on balance I think we've been on the bad end of bad calls more than what's normal this year. Two years ago it was the same deal -- lots of bad calls -- but not so much last year, though I'm not charting them or anything. Ron Winter's crew is one of my least favorites, for what it's worth. Generally speaking they throw way too many flags for my taste but yesterday there were some big misses, which was curious. The Dansby one I think was a tossup. I thought it was an bar which might have made the ball seem more uncatchable than it really was. With Brady especially you're probably going to see the officials assume he's throwing the ball accurately. A bigger miss was the early no call on intentional grounding, which was sort of baffling.

The facemask thing was terrible, obviously. On what play are there not officials looking at the head on a quarterback while he's running, is my question? Given the emphasis on protecting quarterbacks and stopping blatant roughing calls it really boggles the mind how that could have been missed.

Anyway I prefer not to complain about the refs. That way lies madness. As I've said before the winning and losing this year doesn't really matter much to me anyhow. I'm far more interested in how some of the young players and progressing, Tannehill above all. If he plays bad and we win I'm far less enthused than if the opposite happens.

Edit: It was Ron Winter, not Walt Coleman, sorry. And his is the crew I don't like.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 12-03-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Quote Quote