Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surprise Draft Pick

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Surprise Draft Pick

A lot can happen between now and the draft in April. I never thought at the beginning of the year that we'd be talking about letting Jake Long walk, for example, and now that seems like a big possibility. What about Randy Starks? Anyway, those decisions will affect the direction of the offseason and the draft. If Miami lets Long go I believe Jake Matthews becomes a realistic first round target. But the most surprising first round pick? That could be a DT/NT. Keep in mind that Paul Solai (sp) is only signed through 2013 and if Starks goes it is important to find another quality player there. This years' draft has some nice talent at DT something we haven't talked much about due to other needs.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I Will punch the tv of thats how it plays out. Wouldnt put it past Ireland.
    however, we dont have the luxury to be planning for depth no the DL 2 years out. We have at least 6-7 Other positions that dont have NFL quality starters...DE, OG, OT, TE, WR, CB, SS
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As has been recently discussed within the Miami Herald, Ireland knows the team needs playmakers, on both sides, meaning WR's & TE's on O and passrushers and DB's on D. As we have seen lately, an offense with plamakers and an average line is way better off than a good line and below average playmakers.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    i dont think he will be the pick. if we take lineman i dont think it will be untill later in the draft
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If its Margus Hunt of SMU in the 2nd or 3rd I won't be too disappointed.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the did pick Jake Matthews i wouldn't be upset.....the kid is a stud. Watch the LSU tape and see him shut down Mingo all game long. While it's not the biggest need and what this team needs most (playmakers on offense, DBs), he might be the best player available when we pick. Quite honestly, i think he'll be gone by the time we pick so i don't even see it being an option.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Cane View Post
    If the did pick Jake Matthews i wouldn't be upset.....the kid is a stud. Watch the LSU tape and see him shut down Mingo all game long. While it's not the biggest need and what this team needs most (playmakers on offense, DBs), he might be the best player available when we pick. Quite honestly, i think he'll be gone by the time we pick so i don't even see it being an option.
    To be honest, I'm kind of hoping he is gone simply because I think that would be too big a temptation for the front office. I have a gut feeling it goes down to Eifert and Patterson in the 1st. But, it does depend how the offseason and free agency play out. If the Dolphins are able to get a tight end like Finley, Eifert becomes less likely.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If anything I think Starks gets resigned big Paul could be trade bait which could allow odrick to slide inside..

HOTTEST OWNERS IN THE GAME!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Surprise Draft Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Oraclepz View Post
    If anything I think Starks gets resigned big Paul could be trade bait which could allow odrick to slide inside..
    :s why on earth would we trade Solai
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post

To be honest, I'm kind of hoping he is gone simply because I think that would be too big a temptation for the front office.
    haha. me too. With Ireland you always have to hope another GM is dumber and makes the move first

I have a gut feeling it goes down to Eifert and Patterson in the 1st. But, it does depend how the offseason and free agency play out. If the Dolphins are able to get a tight end like Finley, Eifert becomes less likely.
    I'v'e been noticing alot of mocks lately pegging Eifert in mid 2nd round category. I know its unlikely but that would be a coup if miami could nab Eifert there. Or even if he still available at the top of the 2nd miami could trade up (wont cost that much at that point)
    Quote Quote