Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73

Thread: allen or patterson?

  1. -61
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    7,289
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I'd be happy with either, but given a choice I'd prefer both Tennessee guys over Allen. Patterson definitely has deep speed, and IMHO it's quite evident. He has a great burst and lateral cutting ability. Physically, he's the total package. My only concerns would be that he's still a bit raw, and would take longer to make it into the starting lineup. Between Allen and Patterson, Patterson is faster and has significantly more big play potential. He can stretch a defense, keep safeties out of the box, and his speed provides a cushion. Allen is more of an underneath receiver, and while he can excel in the WCO, I think that type of WR is easier to find.
    .
    I disagree with Allen not having big play potential and being an "easy receiver to find", but I plan on watching some of Patterson after this Celtics game and before the Heat later tonight.

    Football season is about over. It's draft time
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    PhinSoldia's Avatar
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    3,740
    vCash:
    3256
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we might be picking 12-18, to high for Patterson, but he wont be there for our second pick, if a good Pass rusher is not there there are other options in the second
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

    For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    Digital's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    2,868
    vCash:
    8160
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It does seem like most of the best fits for us are in the back third of the 1st and front half of the 2nd. Hunter, Patterson, Eifert, Ertz, Rhodes, etc. I'm sure things will change after the combine. There's always workout warriors that shoot up the charts, so maybe some of our guys will be pushed back. I expect to get high quality players with our 1st and both 2nd's as well as good contributors with both of our thirds.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,130
    vCash:
    2700
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    I think Stedman Bailey is the top WR in my position grouping at the moment, anyway.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    6,998
    vCash:
    15380
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinSoldia View Post
    we might be picking 12-18, to high for Patterson, but he wont be there for our second pick, if a good Pass rusher is not there there are other options in the second
    If you think he can do the job then take him with the second overall pick if you need too. Eighth over all was meant to be about a full round too high to take Ryan Tannehill.....

    Personally I would take a CB round one and be delighted to pick up Roberts woods if he was there in round two.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    4,251
    vCash:
    7629
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I think Stedman Bailey is the top WR in my position grouping at the moment, anyway.


    This is the only pick I truly want the Dolphins to make.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,130
    vCash:
    2700
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    The fact that coming out of the 2nd round with Stedman Bailey and Joseph Fauria is a legitimate possibility, is pretty scary. Looks too good to be true, and therefore probably is. By draft day I suspect either Stedman doesn't look to be available at our #44-47 overall pick, and/or Fauria doesn't look to be available at our #55-60 overall pick.

    To add that much scoring potential in the 2nd round would be fantastic. They're both extremely difficult to nigh on impossible to keep out of the end zone.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,453
    vCash:
    7969
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    The fact that coming out of the 2nd round with Stedman Bailey and Joseph Fauria is a legitimate possibility, is pretty scary. Looks too good to be true, and therefore probably is. By draft day I suspect either Stedman doesn't look to be available at our #44-47 overall pick, and/or Fauria doesn't look to be available at our #55-60 overall pick.

    To add that much scoring potential in the 2nd round would be fantastic. They're both extremely difficult to nigh on impossible to keep out of the end zone.
    That would be a great second round. I see Jimmy Graham when I see Fauria. I love Bailey's moxie, but think we oughta also grab a tall outside threat. Hartline is 6'2 but he doesn't play tall. I'd like a legit 6'3 threat on the outside to go with Fauria's frame on the inside. Bailey may slide some because other, bigger, receivers may go ahead of him. Allen, Patterson, Hunter, Woods, T Williams, Hopkins...Bailey may not go until the 6th or 7th receiver just because of his frame.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,130
    vCash:
    2700
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    I think the more the scouts digest the film on Stedman Bailey the more they're going to come away impressed. Remember he's a junior so it's not all that surprising that we're not hearing much from the teams about Bailey. The ground level scouts will be pretty familiar but the higher ups won't start digesting his film until they get word he's coming out, which they've now gotten. Those higher ups are usually the ones with the loose lips that talk to the media a little more.

    When they look, they're going to see that even back in 2010 as a mere freshman he was out there beating David Amerson and Tyrann Mathieu for touchdowns. They'll see that as a sophomore he beat Morris Claiborne on 7 of the 8 throws, including a touchdown. They'll see tape of Bailey torching the likes of Aaron Colvin, Tharold Simon, Quandre Diggs, Carrington Byndom, Adrian Bushell and Jason Verrett...all decent corner prospects. They'll see him beating guys like Kevyn Scott, Antwuan Reed, Quenton Washington, Brodrick Brown and Camerron Cheatham, all of whom either have already gotten looks from the NFL or will. They'll see him stiff-arm mid round safety prospect Jarred Holley into the turf en route to a touchdown. They'll see him beat mid round safety prospect Rashard Hall over the middle, or be ridiculously brutal and physical blocking Mo Claiborne on run plays.

    Once they start to digest not just the obvious skill set but how he's not been intimidated by any coverage player no matter how good he is...that's when I think you'll start hearing more about Stedman Bailey rising up the boards.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,089
    vCash:
    1815
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    The fact that coming out of the 2nd round with Stedman Bailey and Joseph Fauria is a legitimate possibility, is pretty scary. Looks too good to be true, and therefore probably is. By draft day I suspect either Stedman doesn't look to be available at our #44-47 overall pick, and/or Fauria doesn't look to be available at our #55-60 overall pick.

    To add that much scoring potential in the 2nd round would be fantastic. They're both extremely difficult to nigh on impossible to keep out of the end zone.
    Only thing I don't like about fauria as a prospect is his turrrible blocking. I'll go for him maybe with the late 2nd if we don't get a FA TE through free agency but prefer to try my luck on him int the 3rd. Stedman Bailey has a good chance to make it to the 3rd imo but I like him and hopkins who I doubt leaves the 2nd.
    Last edited by TheWarriorFins; 12-28-2012 at 03:07 AM.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Patterson Or Allen?
    By dolphinsbshaw72 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-19-2013, 05:24 PM
  2. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 10:04 AM
  3. My Perspective, Patterson vs Allen
    By AcidBath in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 01:48 AM
  4. Patterson Vs. Allen
    By malzacher in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 10:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •