Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: allen or patterson?

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

allen or patterson?

man i dont know who i like more right now. i think the are both perfect for the wco. who would you take, and could patterson be worth a top 15 pick? i really like them both but we need pattersons speed

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think they both are terrific players and both seem like good fits in a WC offense. They are both similar in that they can make things happen with the ball in their hands. I think both could get a lot of YAC in the NFL. I'm leaning toward Patterson as the guy I'd pull the trigger on first, but I think it's a good question and should raise a good debate.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    allen is the more complete receiver as of now IMO. but patterson has huge potential. allen's numbers this year would have been way better if he had a QB who could even throw the ball halfway decent. a more fair assessment of allen IMO would be his 2011 year when his qb still was garbage, but could at least get him the ball, and when the all the coverage wasn't rolled his way because cal has no one else even decent on their offense.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlared View Post
    allen is the more complete receiver as of now IMO. but patterson has huge potential. allen's numbers this year would have been way better if he had a QB who could even throw the ball halfway decent. a more fair assessment of allen IMO would be his 2011 year when his qb still was garbage, but could at least get him the ball, and when the all the coverage wasn't rolled his way because cal has no one else even decent on their offense.
    In Patterson's defense, you have to acknowledge the fact that her played for Tennessee. A situation that is not too conducive to success. Plus the fact that Bray shrinks in the face of any pressure.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Allen is a more complete receiver. He may not be the burner that Patterson is but he has much better hands & is a better route runner. A plus for both of them is they're very capable returners so if we want to save a roster spot by dropping Thigpen.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know that I really consider Patterson a burner. He's got great lateral cutting ability and regularly jukes people, but there are all kinds of players out on the field actually running faster.

The reason I take a Keenan Allen over a Cordarelle Patterson every time is physicality. This is a physical game and I've seen Patterson look intimidated when defensive players get overly physical with him. Keenan Allen on the other hand seems to welcome it.

Put the two of them in a foot race and I'm not actually sure who wins that. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Allen.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I don't know that I really consider Patterson a burner. He's got great lateral cutting ability and regularly jukes people, but there are all kinds of players out on the field actually running faster.

The reason I take a Keenan Allen over a Cordarelle Patterson every time is physicality. This is a physical game and I've seen Patterson look intimidated when defensive players get overly physical with him. Keenan Allen on the other hand seems to welcome it.

Put the two of them in a foot race and I'm not actually sure who wins that. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Allen.
    I'm glad you chimed in on this one. I've been going back and forth on the two. Do you know how serious Allen's injury is? That's another factor to consider.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I'm glad you chimed in on this one. I've been going back and forth on the two. Do you know how serious Allen's injury is? That's another factor to consider.
    That is another factor to consider and unfortunately I don't know much about the situation. We'll find out more as things go on, I'm sure.

When all is said and done, I wonder if Quinton Patton may be the highest drafted receiver in this draft.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Id take Allen as of now. He is fearless across the middle and really fights for the ball in the air. I am a big fan of Patterson though as well..the YAC ability is probably some of the best in the draft.
    CK I know you were high on Marquess Wilson..as was I. How much do you think his situation hurts his stock?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In the listings I'm seeing, both players are listed at 6'3; Patterson is listed at 205, and Allen is listed at 210. Allen, though, seems like the much bigger player. I think you can make a pretty strong case for both guys. Allen is the safer pick. But Patterson could do some real damage in a West Coast offense.
    Quote Quote