Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Playoff team with Moore

1. -21
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well never know, but if i had to guess marshall would have been the difference.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    Moore would have thrown 5 picks in this game.
    Werent we up 17-0 in New England last year with Moore at QB?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Werent we up 17-0 in New England last year with Moore at QB?
    then the offense disappeared in the 2nd half either way we had marshall back then and he went ham and bush tore it up as well.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    then the offense disappeared in the 2nd half either way we had marshall back then and he went ham and bush tore it up as well.
    Oh yea. I keep forgetting that Brandon Marshall is the greatest player of all time and accounts for 20 points a game by himself.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Oh yea. I keep forgetting that Brandon Marshall is the greatest player of all time and accounts for 20 points a game by himself.
    I didn't say that he had like a 130 yard game and was huge that game along with bush but who cares what moore did in the past that was a different team like the pats
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moore is indeed the better QB but Sherman will play his guy just like Rex was playing Mark all year untill it was to late. RYAN DOES NOT HAVE IT! He would probably be a good WR. As QB though nahhhhh. You see the game the jets just played lol yeah Tannehill lost to that team.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmev827! View Post
    No doubt in my mind we have at least two more wins, maybe three if Moore was our starter throughout. That would put us at 7-5 or 8-4 in a weak AFC. Im not saying we would be in the super bowl, but maybe a playoff appearance and a win is feasible. That may mean nothing to some of you, but considering our complete lack of achievment in recent history, meaningful games in late December into January would be nice for a change.

P.S. I like Tannehill. Just want to see what people think of this.

No doubt about it....Matter of fact if ...Moore would have remained the starter after he smacked down the Jets the Fins would have been a lock for post season play. Why "must" Mia play to lose? Why do they seem to do anything & everything to promote failure every season?

There are those on here who say Tannehill needed the starts to learn so wasting a season is worth it...I say no...I may not be around "next" season to witness the revival. It should ALWAYS be about THIS season. Play the best Man for this year and let next season take care of itself. We should have known they were throwing it this year when they let Marshall walk for a bag of raw peanuts and starting a guy who was known to be a "project" that may or may not pan-out in the long run.
    Last edited by SB Dreamer; 12-03-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't get why people feel the need to bury Matt Moore to try to justify the play of RT. I have no problem with RT playing, but Moore is 7-3 in his last 10 games played. What the hell is wrong with that? Qb's with that record go to the playoffs. I am happy we have a young qb with upside and a good vet back up.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Matt Moore? The guy who was struggling in the preseason against backups?

No...Matt Moore the guy who came in the 1st qtr against the Jets in NY and DESTROYED them....Yea, That guy...

The blind hateraid for some players and unconditional love for others never ceases to amaze me.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmev827! View Post
    No doubt in my mind we have at least two more wins, maybe three if Moore was our starter throughout. That would put us at 7-5 or 8-4 in a weak AFC. Im not saying we would be in the super bowl, but maybe a playoff appearance and a win is feasible. That may mean nothing to some of you, but considering our complete lack of achievment in recent history, meaningful games in late December into January would be nice for a change.

P.S. I like Tannehill. Just want to see what people think of this.
    You are going to get a lot of thumbs down from the Tannehill-4-ever crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I think a better argument would be if the team would have kept more talent around such as Marshall and Davis could they be a little better.

Bottom line is we had threads last week saying RT was a franchise QB and this week he blows and will never be good.

He will have ups and downs. Some really bad downs. Next week could be really tough. Let's hope he finishes strong in the last three games.
    Honestly this argument is so overused it's not even funny anymore. You people sound like Jets fans with Sanchez. If Tannehill fails it is the lack of talent and if he is good it is because of him. To be honest if Tannehill misses or under/over throws wide open receivers it is on him and nobody else. Especially if the argument holds that we have bad talent on offense then you have to make these throws worth while. There are several xcompletions which were completed due to the extra effort of the receivers by twisting back to catch passes which were behind or underthrown and stretches because the passes were overthrown or to far ahead.

Tannehill has stopped his development at this point and I am concerned about it. The rookie wall is nothing but a nice word for "the defensive coordinators have seen enough and can game plan for the QB". Passing the rookie wall (aka being successful despite DCs game planing) and not passing the rookie wall (aka reached its limits) makes the difference between great QB/franchise QBs and the average QB.

Nobody knows how Tannehill plays out. We don't know if he will be our franchise QB or not. Instead of moaning and bitching about the lack of receivers everybody should start evaluating Tannehill as a QB. All we know is that he can make some throws and others he misses. To become great you have to make the easy ones on a more consistent basis and the tough ones on a regular basis. The great QBs miss wide open receivers as well but it is the law of average which separates them.

I certainly hope he will be our future but I stay away from declaring him our franchise QB just based on the notion of being a #8 pick. I also stay away from declaring him a failure until next season. All we know was that Tannehill had a steep learning curve and now he stopped. This is not a good sign but it is what it is and one can only hope that he continues learning. One way to start is to make the easy throws more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Matt Moore? The guy who was struggling in the preseason against backups?
    ...and with backups. Tannehill gets credit for 'lack of talent' yet Moore is evaluated with backup talent. The only way of evaluating Moore this season is that he played one time with a full complement of 1st stringers after a couple days practicing with them. He did a solid job, nothing spectacular and most of his throws were on target. I am not promoting him to a starter but simply fighting the talent evaluation of some people here.

My opinion in general:
    I don't know if we would be better off with Moore over Tannehill. It is speculation at best. I am certainly glad to have Moore as a backup and this constant trashing by some fans is disturbing - to say it mildly. Instead of being happy that we won with him against the Jets in which he had a very solid performance with little or no mistakes he is being trashed as not good enough and the win was because of everybody else. I am glad that he is a Dolphin and that we can count on him if we need him.
    In regards to Tannehill I must say that I always have to smile when I read about 'he is our franchise QB' as much as I have to smile when I read that he is a failure. There is much more to becoming a franchise QB besides being the #8 pick. He has to show it - every game. He has to improve - every game. He has to be able to overcome adversity - every game. I know that in recent years the bar has been low for our fan base for a franchise QB. We had these discussions over the years many times. Remember Brian Griese? AJ Feely? Henne?
    If Tannehill does not improve he will be just another QB and considering that he was picked at 8 that certainly would be a too high of a draft pick for just a medium QB. Right now he doesn't show enough to validate this pick. And you can not blame the lack of talent when on the other hand you give Tannehill all the credit in the world and disregard obvious over/under throws.

All we know is that Tannehill has shown he can make all the throws. But so can Moore and so could Griese, Feely and Henne. And so can Luck and RGIII and so can Peyton Manning, Rodgers, Brees (just a few names he is compared to) and so could Favre, Elway, Marino, etc.

But the difference between an average QB and a franchise QB is that the franchise QB has the mind set "I dare you". Someone who not only knows that he has talent but also uses it regardless of talent or coverages. The other intangible is that they are opportunistic. If the chance given they take advantage of the majority of the chances given. The window of opportunity is very small in the NFL and the game is much faster than in college. That's why most college players never make it in the NFL. Tannehill has to show that not only has the talent but also the attitude, the will and the opportunistic ability to make defenses pay. A franchise QB raises the talent level around him and does not get pulled down by it.

Tannehill is not a franchise QB yet. This is a label he gets when he shows that he actually is a franchise QB. A high draft pick alone does not warrant "franchise QB". Do I hope that he will be our franchise QB? Absolutely. But I am not tagging him with that label yet.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote