Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob Costas blasted for delivering anti-gun message during Sunday Night Football

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For me it just wasn't the place for his commentary. And he was totally exploiting a tragedy too. He's a douche.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    For me it just wasn't the place for his commentary. And he was totally exploiting a tragedy too. He's a douche.
    Exactly. This issue is about domestic violence and not gun control. Even the most liberal people are ok with handguns. I can understand the outrage during the CO shootings. Automatic weapons have no place in the publics hands.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post

How does Obama agree with the man? He hasn't done a damn thing to even address gun control, nevermind attempt to pass something. You need to know what you're talking about before spewing your garbage. Anyone who had even half the degrees you claim you do would know this...
    I have to agree with Locke on this one, most of the gun grabbers are very upset with the President, to say the least. What his personal feelings are on guns are a different matter, he has not gone after them, at least to this point.

I would also have to say he certainly has a right to his opinion, but I feel it was the wrong vehicle to voice that opinion.

If you ask me, anyone that will shoot the mother of their child 9 times, then kneel down and kiss her and say he loved her would not have let the lack of a gun keep him from doing what that idiot did.
    Last edited by phinfan3411; 12-05-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks

How does Obama agree with the man? He hasn't done a damn thing to even address gun control, nevermind attempt to pass something. You need to know what you're talking about before spewing your garbage. Anyone who had even half the degrees you claim you do would know this...
    Obviously you didnít watch the 2nd debate (even though you claimed you did), if you had watched it you would know that Obama was specifically asked about his plans concerning guns in his second term and he specifically did say heíd like to clamp down on gun ownership. Nice try though.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Obviously you didnít watch the 2nd debate (even though you claimed you did), if you had watched it you would know that Obama was specifically asked about his plans concerning guns in his second term and he specifically did say heíd like to clamp down on gun ownership. Nice try though.
    Do you have a clip of him saying this...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do you have a clip of him saying this...?
    "But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I'm trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced..."

- Barack Obama Oct 16, 2012.

The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act of 1994 was the largest piece of gun control legislation passed in the history of the US, and Obama now wants to re-introduce it; so much for not doing anything concerning gun ownership eh?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    "But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I'm trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced..."

- Barack Obama Oct 16, 2012.

The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act of 1994 was the largest piece of gun control legislation passed in the history of the US, and Obama now wants to re-introduce it; so much for not doing anything concerning gun ownership eh?
    So, what did he do to reintroduce it again? Talking about it (and I'm too drunk and tired to bother verifying this quote. Going by your track record, it could be entirely made up) and actually doing something about it are two different things. You continue to talk out your ass...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sucks that people can't even have an opinion anymore without getting ripped to shreds. If he was a politician or something, I could see the backlash...
    Of course Costas can say whatever he wants and no one from the government better throw him in jail for it or I'll go berzerk even if I don't agree. But as with Hank Williams Jr, doesn't absolve him of any facing consequences. And before you say it, I think Hanks was much worse, but he didn't say it while doing a NFL broadcast.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke
    Sucks that people can't even have an opinion anymore without getting ripped to shreds.
    Agreed, but that is the society we live in. Polite disagreement seems a thing of the past. Someone used to be able to strongly disagree just by saying, "I strongly disagree." Now there seems to be a need to insult and attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon View Post
    Of course Costas can say whatever he wants and no one from the government better throw him in jail for it or... doesn't absolve him of any facing consequences.
    Freedom of Speech does not come with any Freedom from Consequences.

Had he made the same statement as a guest on political commentary show then he probably wouldn't have received such a backlash.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So, what did he do to reintroduce it again? Talking about it (and I'm too drunk and tired to bother verifying this quote. Going by your track record, it could be entirely made up) and actually doing something about it are two different things. You continue to talk out your ass...

Wait, are you really that drunk? You do realize this is what he said in the debate this year right? As in this is what he is going to do (future tense) in his second term (which hasnít begun yet), right? So you voted for someone that you knew was going to clamp down on gun ownership even though you claim you do not agree with Costas, well at least your pattern of consistently being inconsistent continues.
    Quote Quote