Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: |Mike Wallace | Greg Jennings |

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Wallace

79 68.70%
  • Greg Jennings

36 31.30%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: | 2013 NFL Free Agency | Wide Receivers | Wallace or Jennings? |

1. -31
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whatever Ireland decides is the best option, he should do the opposite.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do not see us getting Wallace, and Jennings will be a much cheaper option. We can get Jennings who knows the system, wont command as much money and for sure wont resign in GB because they are seeing so much more out of Jones and Cobbs now that they feel they can let him walk. GB has too many players to resign and WR is not their priority anymore.
    With Jennings and a good rookie (Hunter/Allen) we should be fine. Jennings, rookie, Hartline and Bess is a great WR line up. We will get a fresh Jennings coming off injury and sitting out this whole season, and he is a play maker, even if he lost a step he is still reliable and can put up good numbers. We dont need a Marshall type WR in this system, we need reliable good route running WRs.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvmac View Post
    Imo neither guy is going to solver our WR issues.
    Draft all the way.
    I realize this, that is why I want us to draft on top of landing an elite WR in free agency, I'd like us to go for a 1st round WR talent.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    So signing a star wr won't solve our wr issues but the draft will?? ...I'm kind of lost on that comment.
    Well, I guess I don't view any of the FA wr's as ''stars.''
    Obviously I want ''stars'' on this team, what fan doesn't lol.
    I could be wrong, but right now imho none of the FA wr's are stars, and expectations will be unreasonably high if any of them are signed.

Don't get me wrong, I obviously wouldn't mind signing Wallace/Jennings/Bowe in addition to drafting some wr's.
    My only worry is at what cost.
    You rarely see Pittsburgh just let go of productive guys.
    I like Wallace, but imho, he's not a true number one wr, in the sense of being a redzone threat,etc.
    Jennings would be a great addition too, I'm just worried about his health/age.
    I just don't want to break the bank for any of these FA wr's.

I know we are all starved for wr's, the worry is that we start reaching for needs, for guys that we think are better than they really are.
    I guess my point is that I don't view Wallace or Jennings as true number 1's.
    Bowe maybe I guess? If coaching get through to him?
    I would prefer drafting wr's in addition to signing one of the FA wr's.
    But I seriously doubt we will get any of those guys for a good price, hence why I made my comment about sticking to the draft.
    Last edited by sirvmac; 12-05-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not struck on Wallace at all tbh. As a complimentary deep threat perhaps but I wouldn't be paying him #1 WR money, because I don't think he's ever gonna be your go to guy like Marshall was, or any of those #1's are. Jennings is a little too old for this team I feel, if you can get him cheap that's fine but I doubt he comes cheap. Despite his down year this year in a very very bad KC team, I think Bowe is the guy we should be targeting.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    MIA#1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont think the packers is going to let jennings walk
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Halo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvmac View Post
    Well, I guess I don't view any of the FA wr's as ''stars.''
    Obviously I want ''stars'' on this team, what fan doesn't lol.
    I could be wrong, but right now imho none of the FA wr's are stars, and expectations will be unreasonably high if any of them are signed.

Don't get me wrong, I obviously wouldn't mind signing Wallace/Jennings/Bowe in addition to drafting some wr's.
    My only worry is at what cost.
    You rarely see Pittsburgh just let go of productive guys.
    I like Wallace, but imho, he's not a true number one wr, in the sense of being a redzone threat,etc.
    Jennings would be a great addition too, I'm just worried about his health/age.
    I just don't want to break the bank for any of these FA wr's.

I know we are all starved for wr's, the worry is that we start reaching for needs, for guys that we think are better than they really are.
    I guess my point is that I don't view Wallace or Jennings as true number 1's.
    Bowe maybe I guess? If coaching get through to him?
    I would prefer drafting wr's in addition to signing one of the FA wr's.
    But I seriously doubt we will get any of those guys for a good price, hence why I made my comment about sticking to the draft.
    Explain to me how jennings hasn't been a number 1 WR for GB? I also like Bowe the most if he had half the QB jennings/Bowe have he would shine even more
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    I tried to vote for Bowe but the OP didn't have the foresight to include such a tremendous talent as an option.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_taylor View Post
    heres why that Wallace will be wanting out of pittsburge , Wallace asked to have his contract extended before the year was up ,and instead of even talkin to Wallace pitts turned around and gave brown a contract extention ( big one) and imo that was a slap in the face to wallace ,and instead of workin on wallaces contract they gave it to brown and just tendered wallace (1 year) which makes wallace a FA and can go anywhere he wants this coming year, i think that burned the bridge with wallace when they gave the big money to brown , when wallace was the one asking to get a new contract , so imo theres noway to pay 2 WRs 10+ MIL A YEAR , and brown is makin that kind of money , so i see wallace as a miami dolphin next year if philbin and company wants him here .
    Brown is only getting paid about $6 million next year on a backloaded contract. Its entirely possible for Pitt to sign Wallace to a similar deal, considering Brown is the better WR. Pitt can also tag Wallace.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Explain to me how jennings hasn't been a number 1 WR for GB? I also like Bowe the most if he had half the QB jennings/Bowe have he would shine even more
    Jennings HAS been a number 1. But has not this year, and imho not next year either.
    I still would love him on the team.
    Just for the right price.
    And my expectations for when we sign him won't be as high as yours.
    I could be wrong though, if he comes back at his previous high level that would be a great signing.
    I would probably rather have Bowe as well though.
    Quote Quote