Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: |Mike Wallace | Greg Jennings |

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Wallace

    79 68.70%
  • Greg Jennings

    36 31.30%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: | 2013 NFL Free Agency | Wide Receivers | Wallace or Jennings? |

  1. -41
    3rdandinches's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,378
    vCash:
    1871
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvmac View Post
    Well, I guess I don't view any of the FA wr's as ''stars.''
    Obviously I want ''stars'' on this team, what fan doesn't lol.
    I could be wrong, but right now imho none of the FA wr's are stars, and expectations will be unreasonably high if any of them are signed.

    Don't get me wrong, I obviously wouldn't mind signing Wallace/Jennings/Bowe in addition to drafting some wr's.
    My only worry is at what cost.
    You rarely see Pittsburgh just let go of productive guys.
    I like Wallace, but imho, he's not a true number one wr, in the sense of being a redzone threat,etc.
    Jennings would be a great addition too, I'm just worried about his health/age.
    I just don't want to break the bank for any of these FA wr's.

    I know we are all starved for wr's, the worry is that we start reaching for needs, for guys that we think are better than they really are.
    I guess my point is that I don't view Wallace or Jennings as true number 1's.
    Bowe maybe I guess? If coaching get through to him?
    I would prefer drafting wr's in addition to signing one of the FA wr's.
    But I seriously doubt we will get any of those guys for a good price, hence why I made my comment about sticking to the draft.
    If Jennings, Bowe and Wallace are not stars than somehow we're suppose to draft the next C.Johnson or A.Johnson. The only problem with that is there's only two of them in the league. We have young receivers, a FA like Jennings would really boost the overall production. I'm fine with drafting a receiver along with a wr in FA, but that can't be all. We need a real weapon at TE to go with them, surround RT with so much talent that there is no excuses at the end of the day.
    Draft:
    1/ R.Shazier OLB
    2/ C.Borland MLB
    3/ G.Jackson OG
    4/ J.Hurst OT
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,902
    vCash:
    1261
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wallace is the best receiver on the Steelers, not Brown.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    next-year's Avatar
    MostHated

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    740
    vCash:
    1315
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This has got to be the shabbiest group of "top" level WR free agents in a few years.

    Bowe- Majority of the dude stats come in over time, unreliable hands (worse than marshall's)
    Wallace- you're blind if you think the guy is a #1 receiver, watch a steelers game. ( hands comparable to Bowe s')
    Jennings- Injury prone to the fullest degree in the twilight of his career ( still i'd rather have him over the Bowe or Wallace)


    I would soooooo much rather go for talent at the position in the draft, this years draft is oozing with Very talented receivers that will be going in the 2-3rd round

    would like to get keenan allen r1 and use our #2 2nd rounder on another Wr ( Darick Rogers, Stedman bailey, Ryan Swope) however if some how cordarrelle patterson/ robert woods is somehow still there when we are on the clock with our #1 2nd rounder we have to scoop him up. ( Keenan Allen, Cordarrelle Patterson/robert woods , Bess and Hartline ) that's a solid Corp.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,369
    vCash:
    1188
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    I tried to vote for Bowe but the OP didn't have the foresight to include such a tremendous talent as an option.
    So it must be my lack of "foresight", it can't possibly be your bias being from KC?


    "Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,083
    vCash:
    1685
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by next-year View Post
    This has got to be the shabbiest group of "top" level WR free agents in a few years.

    Bowe- Majority of the dude stats come in over time, unreliable hands (worse than marshall's)

    Wallace- you're blind if you think the guy is a #1 receiver, watch a steelers game. ( hands comparable to Bowe s')
    Jennings- Injury prone to the fullest degree in the twilight of his career ( still i'd rather have him over the Bowe or Wallace)


    I would soooooo much rather go for talent at the position in the draft, this years draft is oozing with Very talented receivers that will be going in the 2-3rd round

    would like to get keenan allen r1 and use our #2 2nd rounder on another Wr ( Darick Rogers, Stedman bailey, Ryan Swope) however if some how cordarrelle patterson/ robert woods is somehow still there when we are on the clock with our #1 2nd rounder we have to scoop him up. ( Keenan Allen, Cordarrelle Patterson/robert woods , Bess and Hartline ) that's a solid Corp.
    Bold isn't even true and even if it was it (it's not) probably has to do with the garbage qbs he's forced to play with, can't believe he hasn't demanded a trade yet after going through thigpen, hassel and quinn. He was ver good last year in many competitive games too. Also wallace just recently began to have these drop issues don't act like he's up their with marshall in his career, and even then he doubles the TDs of our WR core.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    next-year's Avatar
    MostHated

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    740
    vCash:
    1315
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Bold isn't even true and even if it was it (it's not) probably has to do with the garbage qbs he's forced to play with, can't believe he hasn't demanded a trade yet after going through thigpen, hassel and quinn. He was ver good last year in many competitive games too. Also wallace just recently began to have these drop issues don't act like he's up their with marshall in his career, and even then he doubles the TDs of our WR core.

    This year it is absolutely true. Last year he did have a good year but also had the opportunity to since he was getting a vast majority of the targets. You can't refute his shakey hands though.

    i lived in PITT the past 4 years, paid close attention to the team (you ever want to see a truly dedicated intelligent fan base go to PITT) during the off season and throughout seasons. You want to know the reason he just started with these drops??? It's because hailey wants him to actually try and be a complete receiver. If you actually think Wallace is a better receiver than Marshall you're out of your mind. He can take the top off a defense no doubt but ask him o catch a dig route in traffic with a cornerback draped all over him GOOD LUck.

    fact of the matter is the guy isn't a total package #1 and he's going to want #1 money.

    I'm not complaining about us letting go of Marshall but to replace him with one of these guys would drive me crazy. Take a look at all the talent at WR this year we could potentially get 2 starters for the price of one of these guys.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    sm0kinfins's Avatar
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    1,618
    vCash:
    1885
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    So it must be my lack of "foresight", it can't possibly be your bias being from KC?
    It's absolutely your lack of foresight unless you want to chalk it up to "not knowing football talent if it smacked you in the face". Go through this short thread and count the number of times Bowe is mentioned by posters other than me...

    Done yet?

    Are they all geographically biased? Of course not. Only a fool would think that.

    The man has been successful with a number of crappy QB's throwing to him. Sure, he drops the occasional pass. What WR doesn't? He also makes the occasional "holy s***!" catch. No WR on our team currently has even one of those types of catches in their highlight (or lack of highlight) reel.

    Bottom line? Bowe belongs in this discussion/poll (unless of course you're biased hmmmmm?)

    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Yep. Wilson is quite impressive, although I will still take Tannehill over him.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    larouco's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2003
    Posts:
    10
    vCash:
    1132
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jennings knows the system, remember that was one of the reason that ocho cinco left
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    finfan54's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    23,963
    vCash:
    11793
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bowe wants to come to miami-big part of the equation. Iknow thats tough on you madden geeks but thats called reality.
    1. Zach Martin OG
    2. Jace Amaro TE
    3. Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB
    4. Michael Schofield RT
    5. Chris Watt/Trai Turner OG
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    finfan54's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    23,963
    vCash:
    11793
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and no rokie wr,no matter how talented will not make an instant impactin this offense unless your name is swope
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Why the wide receivers need to come from free agency
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 10:45 AM
  2. Will Free Agents Come Here? Wallace and Jennings?
    By Dick Pepperwood in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 08:26 PM
  3. free agent wide receivers
    By dolfan_ in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 01:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •