Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL draft order week 13

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if we finish in the top 12 i think elite tools pass rusher might be there for the taking...and probably makes the most sense...although i see us winning 2 of the last 4 buffalo and jax and who knows if the pats clinch a first round bye early they may give us the week 17 game also...

anyways unlike years in the past when i felt like we had no qb and we were best off losing i'm hoping that we win em all and i'll let the draft pick chip fall where it may...again though top 12 have to like the pass rush odds if all the high end guys come out
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    13th, 42nd (due to no picks for Saints and Cleveland), 56th (24th pick of the 2nd from Indy, they drop behind Chicago and Green Bay in 2nd), 73th (11th pick of the 3rd round) and 88th (26th pick of the 3rd round).

Teams with similar records are ordered by SOS but then rotate in each round so in Indy, Chicago and Green Bay's case Indy goes first followed by Chicago and then Green Bay...in the next round Indy would move to last place between the three and the other two would move up one spot so it would be Chicago, Green Bay and then Indy. 3rd round would be Green Bay, Indy and Chicago.
    yah I just read it off walterfootball without really reading the order

depends how much of a splash we make in free agency, if we get one of the top FA receivers then I'm all for pass rush with our top pick
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    if we finish in the top 12 i think elite tools pass rusher might be there for the taking...and probably makes the most sense...although i see us winning 2 of the last 4 buffalo and jax and who knows if the pats clinch a first round bye early they may give us the week 17 game also...

anyways unlike years in the past when i felt like we had no qb and we were best off losing i'm hoping that we win em all and i'll let the draft pick chip fall where it may...again though top 12 have to like the pass rush odds if all the high end guys come out
    Who do you prefer? Not just DE, but any position?

You know how I feel about Bjoern Werner already and I know you don't exactly agree.

Excluding the DEs, it looks to me like the highest rated players in this draft (not necessarily by me) are going to be Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Giovanni Bernard, Keenan Allen, Tyler Eifert, Chance Warmack, Luke Joeckel, Star Lotulelei, Manti Te'o, Jarvis Jones, Johnathan Banks, Dee Milliner and Matt Elam. Could possibly see Phillip Thomas sneak into that group in a discussion between GMs whether they prefer Thomas or Elam.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Who do you prefer? Not just DE, but any position?

You know how I feel about Bjoern Werner already and I know you don't exactly agree.

Excluding the DEs, it looks to me like the highest rated players in this draft (not necessarily by me) are going to be Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Giovanni Bernard, Keenan Allen, Tyler Eifert, Chance Warmack, Luke Joeckel, Star Lotulelei, Manti Te'o, Jarvis Jones, Johnathan Banks, Dee Milliner and Matt Elam. Could possibly see Phillip Thomas sneak into that group in a discussion between GMs whether they prefer Thomas or Elam.
    I can see two OT coming off the board in the top 10 between Philadelphia, San Diego and Arizona.

And if he comes out, I would be all over Demontre Moore in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I can see two OT coming off the board in the top 10 between Philadelphia, San Diego and Arizona.

And if he comes out, I would be all over Demontre Moore in the draft.
    The need could be there for those offensive tackles, especially with San Diego.

Philadelphia is arguable just because Jason Peters may be hurt, but he's not dead. Arizona is arguable just because they need a quarterback so bad. Hard to say if Matt Barkley is their style, they seem to prefer the big-armed guys. Geno Smith may be more their cup of tea.

I think the rookie wage scale has pushed us a bit beyond the days where offensive tackles are pushed into the top 10 and top 5 just because they're the "safe" picks.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keenan Allen please
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Given this draft order I could see the following draft happening:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars - CB Johnathan Banks, Mississippi State
    3. Oakland Raiders - LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
    4. Philadelphia Eagles - FS Matt Elam, Florida
    5. Carolina Panthers - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
    6. San Diego Chargers - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
    7. Cleveland Browns - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
    8. Tennessee Titans - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
    9. Arizona Cardinals - QB Matt Barkley, USC
    10. Detroit Lions - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
    11. Buffalo Bills - WR Keenan Allen, California
    12. New Orleans Saints - CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

13. Miami Dolphins - ???

That would leave pass rushers like Damontre Moore, Sam Montgomery, Barkevious Mingo, Jarvis Jones, Alex Okafor and Dion Jordan on the board. IF the Dolphins parted ways with Jake Long then that would put Jake Matthews on the board. There would be some backing for Chase Thomas.

But for me if that scenario were to happen then my choice would be between TE Tyler Eifert, S Phillip Thomas of Fresno State and RB Giovanni Bernard of North Carolina.

I like the defensive ends in this draft but I think once you get beyond Werner, you can shoot for a bargain player with one of the 6 picks we have in the top 110.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Given this draft order I could see the following draft happening:

13. Miami Dolphins - ???

That would leave pass rushers like Damontre Moore, Sam Montgomery, Barkevious Mingo, Jarvis Jones, Alex Okafor and Dion Jordan on the board. IF the Dolphins parted ways with Jake Long then that would put Jake Matthews on the board. There would be some backing for Chase Thomas.

But for me if that scenario were to happen then my choice would be between TE Tyler Eifert, S Phillip Thomas of Fresno State and RB Giovanni Bernard of North Carolina.

I like the defensive ends in this draft but I think once you get beyond Werner, you can shoot for a bargain player with one of the 6 picks we have in the top 110.
    ??? Outside of maybe the TE I can't see how the Dolphins could possibly make one of the two selection you listed especially @RB!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Werner is a nice player but I couldn't go top 10 for him. Over half his sacks came against FCS competition and a bad Florida offensive line. He plays the DE position good, but I don't believe he's an elite pass rusher. Damontre Moore and Sam Montgomery are about the only two defensive ends I'd take in the top 10 if they were to declare early.

Now, Moore also had 3 sacks against a bad Florida offensive line. A lot of these sacks that come in bunches against Florida are on Driskel because he can't help running himself into 'em.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The need could be there for those offensive tackles, especially with San Diego.

Philadelphia is arguable just because Jason Peters may be hurt, but he's not dead. Arizona is arguable just because they need a quarterback so bad. Hard to say if Matt Barkley is their style, they seem to prefer the big-armed guys. Geno Smith may be more their cup of tea.

I think the rookie wage scale has pushed us a bit beyond the days where offensive tackles are pushed into the top 10 and top 5 just because they're the "safe" picks.
    Peters DID tear that Achilles twice though. So it's not a gimme that he'll be what he was pre-injury.

13. Miami Dolphins - ???

Right now I see only 2 locks in the draft.

1. Kansas City will take a QB.
    2.The Panthers will take a DT if Star is available (they were gonna take Fletcher Cox has Kuechley not been there). Their DTs are awful.

Philly will depend completely on what the new system is.

Almost positive the Jags will still go pass rush. Babin has been pretty bad outside of the WIde-9 and that DL as a whole is awful.
    Quote Quote