Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: NFL draft order week 13

  1. -21
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    4,704
    vCash:
    9864
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Werner is a nice player but I couldn't go top 10 for him. Over half his sacks came against FCS competition and a bad Florida offensive line. He plays the DE position good, but I don't believe he's an elite pass rusher. Damontre Moore and Sam Montgomery are about the only two defensive ends I'd take in the top 10 if they were to declare early.

    Now, Moore also had 3 sacks against a bad Florida offensive line. A lot of these sacks that come in bunches against Florida are on Driskel because he can't help running himself into 'em.
    Thank you! I might have bad eyes, but they're not that bad...I just don't see it with Werner
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    926
    vCash:
    3327
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we're in around 12... attempt to trade down to low teens/20 and go with Eifert while picking up another 4th... doubt we'd get a third but you never know if there's someone desperate enough.

    Go FS/CB/DE in round 2 - which ever is the BPA with the 2 picks.

    Would like to see them toy with the idea in these last few games of moving Jerry to RT and giving Samuda a look at RG which if it was an option could mean a ZBS LG could be on the billing in rounds 3 or 4 to solidify a young athletic OL of Martin/Draft Pick/Pouncey/Samuda/Jerry.

    I'd also like to see Reed [TE-Florida] or Toilolo [TE-Standford] in rounds 3 or 4 also. to give us a nice young, athletic, target rich set of TE's - added to Clay and keep Fasano around for a year or two leadership within that group.
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,108
    vCash:
    38476
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm not a woerner top pick guy either...if i can get mingo which seems crazy to me given his tools and how he's gonna test with our top pick i run the card up...no question in my mind...i get that he lacks strength in his upper body and will be liability as a run defender but i would take that guy right now as my pass rush specialist opposite wake and develop the rest of his game in a nanosecond...those tools are too damn good and on that length...

    give me mingo...he's a top 5 talent imo

    i don't see jarvis jones as the end all be all prospect at olb...i just don't get they hype there...i fail to see elite rush tools and get off the ball and when i hear von miller like prospect i say pump the damn brakes
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    4,704
    vCash:
    9864
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'm not a woerner top pick guy either...if i can get mingo which seems crazy to me given his tools and how he's gonna test with our top pick i run the card up...no question in my mind...i get that he lacks strength in his upper body and will be liability as a run defender but i would take that guy right now as my pass rush specialist opposite wake and develop the rest of his game in a nanosecond...those tools are too damn good and on that length...

    give me mingo...he's a top 5 talent imo

    i don't see jarvis jones as the end all be all prospect at olb...i just don't get they hype there...i fail to see elite rush tools and get off the ball and when i hear von miller like prospect i say pump the damn brakes
    I'm shocked when we take about pass rushing specialist we don't mention Jarvis Jones! Every time I've seen him play he's making something happen.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,193
    vCash:
    4966
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jones is still the top OLB prospect.... might even be looked at as a LB by 4-3 teams.

    The kid gets it done on the football field, unlike Mingo.

    The next Von Miller is a bit ambitious... but he's a more well rounded player than Von Miller was at aTm. It's not as if you snuffed out Von Miller anyway. There was a time you didn't buy into him either.

    Hell, Jones' sack/forced fumble on one play vs. Alabama in the 1st quarter of the SEC title game was more than Mingo has ever done against Alabama in 4 games.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,108
    vCash:
    38476
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    I'm shocked when we take about pass rushing specialist we don't mention Jarvis Jones! Every time I've seen him play he's making something happen.
    the guy got handled by te's all game long against bama...i mean moved out the hole moved off the ball...rolled...only thing i thought he did show well at was maintaining his feet when guys tried to cut him...he seems like a heady player...but the rush tools are not elite imo...and if miami is going with a pass rush talent with the top pick get elite physical tools...an explosive get off a real burst some serious athleticism and length...

    barkevious mingo
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,193
    vCash:
    4966
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's just incredibly ironic to point out Jones being run at by Alabama, and turn around and chirp out Barkevious Mingo in the same breath. That poor kid has been dominated his entire career by Bama running right at him.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,108
    vCash:
    38476
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Jones is still the top OLB prospect.... might even be looked at as a LB by 4-3 teams.

    The kid gets it done on the football field, unlike Mingo.

    The next Von Miller is a bit ambitious... but he's a more well rounded player than Von Miller was at aTm. It's not as if you snuffed out Von Miller anyway. There was a time you didn't buy into him either.

    Hell, Jones' sack/forced fumble on one play vs. Alabama in the 1st quarter of the SEC title game was more than Mingo has ever done against Alabama in 4 games.
    i saw miller as a junior i guess it was playin on a bum ankle didn;t know it at the time but he didn't then look like the explosion athlete i saw as a senior...and of course miller wrecked the senior bowl week and game to top it all off...

    anyways like i said prior i'm fine if you and i disagree about mingo...no problem...the production hasn't been there all that much this year...i'll bet on the upside length and tools...

    we can disagree about jarvis jones also...i'm not seeing top 5 worthy pass rush talents there...
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,108
    vCash:
    38476
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    It's just incredibly ironic to point out Jones being run at by Alabama, and turn around and chirp out Barkevious Mingo in the same breath. That poor kid has been dominated his entire career by Bama running right at him.
    call it whatever you want...i don't believe a single te can just move mingo around the room like what i saw with jones...
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    12,000
    vCash:
    1592
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I'm not as high on Mingo, Werner or Dion Jordan as some of you. Someone compared Jordan to JPP and JT...he might have the build of JT but he's no JT and JPP has him by 40 lbs. I've not seen Jordan do anything but speed rush, he gets owned every time they run at him, he can't bull rush...he's strictly a speed rusher and I don't see elite pass rushing tools from him. I like his athleticism and the fact that he can drop back in coverage but that's OLB tools for a 3-4 team IMO. Mingo is another guy that I think is a better fit for a 3-4 as an OLB. I just didn't see enough as a DE for LSU to make me think this guy was elite. Sam Montgomery made a heck of a lot more plays for that defensive line. Werner I've never been very high on but I think he has a lot more functional strength and decent explosion to be good at the next level but he's not top 15 IMO.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. NFL draft order week 15
    By datruth55 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 09:47 PM
  2. NFL draft order week 14
    By datruth55 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 11:05 AM
  3. NFL draft order week 12
    By datruth55 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
  4. NFL week 11 draft order
    By datruth55 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 06:46 AM
  5. NFL week 10 draft order
    By datruth55 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •