Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill = Worst rookie QB of 2012?

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tannehill = Worst rookie QB of 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Limited, poor, and inconsistent quarterbacking is the main thing.
    Sounds about right for a rookie
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    I'm not sure what you were looking for. RT is young and raw with lots of upside. Is he RG3 or Luck, no, and he never will be. But that is ok, he has a lot of possible upside. We won't know what we have in him til the mid/end of 14, and only then if we put some talent around him. I am not attacking the OP, because I kinda see where he is coming from. It seems like it is never OUR turn to get lucky. I mean I have to admit there is not a player I hate more right now than Luck. The way the colts threw away the season on purpose was just sickening. They went from having Peyton to Luck in one year. We went from Marino to the next great QB in who knows how long. Maybe RT is that guy, but to be honest I don't see it. I can't talk myself into great. Above average, maybe even Matt Ryan, but not great. Hope I am wrong but he has a long way to go. Who know what Aaron Rodgers would have looked like if he would have been thrown out there week one of his rookie year. Maybe RT can have that kind of growth. But with all the others doing so good it does make ya feel like it will never be our turn.

Don't get me wrong I love RT and he is what we have. I certainly don't want another QB in the next draft. It just kinda sucks when all the other QBs are doing so good.
    I would be totally content if the he was the next Matt Ryan.
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's amazing that while we certainly have benefited by the adition of some new worthwhile members over the last 12 months, it just seems we're graced with a larger percentage of henny pennies and trolls.

Doesn't seem right that we've put up with so much frustration over the last few years and now that there's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, we've gotta put up with relatively moronic threads from relative newbies who haven't paid their FH dues like the majority of us. I'm beginning to think that perhaps FH should have a 12 month membership requirement before granting the privilege of starting threads.

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMageGandalf View Post
    You kind of know how I am feelin' right now.

It does piss me off that the Colts are being rewarded for their BS actions. I certainly don't wish anyone ill will. So, that Luck is doing great, good for him. However, I wish that in a perfect world, the Colts would've been burned for their actions so that the integrity of the game could be preserved. Tanking the season for Luck like that gives it a feel of WWF style BS that pisses me off to no end.

I'm with you and you are one of the few on this board who is wise enough to see that the Colts gamed the league and got away with it. There are many who post on here who are apathetic about it like it didnt affect them when in fact every highlight shown of Luck on espn could & probably should have been for the very team they are crying about today.

As far as the guy we got...He is a project and a risky one at that. He has more experience catching the ball than throwing it and up to right now has not proven he is a legit NFL qb. If he pans out great but if not I hear Hartline throws a tight spiral...

"You cannot fix stupid" Ron White
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Limited, poor, and inconsistent quarterbacking is the main thing.

wow, you sound like you're describing "CP10" vs approx 70% of the top 10 scoring Ds he's faced over his career and 75% of those he's faced in '08 including that disgraceful Ravens playoff performance.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but he who can cast the first stone, best not be paying tribute to a QB who really needed to be sat down vs the better defenses in the league.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He went toe to toe with luck for most of that game against the colts.. he out-dueled russell wilson. He did all of that with no weapons. Yeah Tannehill really is a stinker.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jury still out for me on Tanny. Obviously it wasn't gonna happen over night for him, tbh how many of us even expected him to start a game before pre season started. He's looked good in patches and bad in patches, which is kinda to be expected of a Rookie QB. What's working against him, outside of the lack of talent on the roster, is the fact that we've become accustomed over the last few years of rookies making instant impacts.

Couple of things I worry about is:
    How long is this project gonna take, will it dove tail with the rest of the team ? The D with a couple of additions is ready to win now, you've got Dansby, Wake and Starks really in their prime, in 3 to 4 years where will they be ?

Texas A&M this year have been outstanding, obviously new coaching staff and Johnny Football have played a big part, but what's shown up is how good a OL they have and how talented a roster they are but under Tanny last year they looked poor in a weaker conference. There's a lot of factors contributing to it all and probably silly to put much emphasis on it all being Tanny's fault they stunk, because it clearly wasn't. But if despite all his talent, which he has, a red shirted freshman can win a heisman and put up those numbers in the toughest conference in college football why did Tanny look so meh behind the same OL ?

Like I said jury out on him, we should never be judging him anyway this year. Next year there needs to be progress though, no room for a softmore slump, year 3 we should know what we have and lets hope it good because like him or not Tanny is our franchise right now and on his progress we will ride.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nothings change for me off what i said earlier this season after like week 3...long term he's the 2nd best qb to come out of this class...i firmly believe it off what i see...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    nothings change for me off what i said earlier this season after like week 3...long term he's the 2nd best qb to come out of this class...i firmly believe it off what i see...
    im with you and i hope youre right. I just dont see wilson having the ceiling that Tanny has and i dont see rg3 holding up in the long run.
    Quote Quote