Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill = Worst rookie QB of 2012?

1. -31
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look, lets be realistic, Tannehill isnt performing as well as the other rookies aside from Weeden. Yes he has no weapons but he still does make his fair share of mistakes. Rookie mistakes. I still see so much more upside in this kid and I fully expect him to have a much improved season next year.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'll tell ya one thing i do see though...both rg3 and russell wilsons o coordinators are REALLY helping their qbs succeed with the way they call the game and the play design etc...i'm not so sure i see much evidence of that with mike sherman...haven't seen the first rub route or clear out and run a guy underneath in the red zone all season haven't seen any intuitive looking bubble screens not much motion with the wrs...took til this week to come out of 2 wr base i form sets on early downs and get into more spread type stuff

i see a lot of old fashioned play calling and design...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Grand Rapids Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I keep hearing we need weapons. How does a weapon make the QB throw the ball to wide open receivers?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dude I Don't Think Tannehill is the Worst. I think up to now he has been Ok/Average. Which is Fine for a Rookie. I think the Problem is, RG3 and Luck are Outright Studs right now and making Both those Teams Playoff Contenders. You can say we Lack Playmakers and all that, but the Colts were 2-14 Last Year. RG3 Beat the Giants yesterday they are truly Super Rookies. Tannehill right now is not in that Class. The other Factor is Russell Wilson in Seattle. Those Look 3 Teams headed in the Right Direction because of QB Play. Our Guy Cant Outright carry our Team. Kaepernick and SF Too. It is a Tough Year to be a Rookie QB named Tannehill, he is not in the Conversation with those Dudes. Plain and Simple.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its pretty funny actually.. You guys act like he misses wide open receivers every single time he throws to one. Yeah, he missed them so get over it. Pretty funny you are arguing that we still do not need upgrades at WR, that you think we are set at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by hrpuffin View Post
    I keep hearing we need weapons. How does a weapon make the QB throw the ball to wide open receivers?
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Its pretty funny actually.. You guys act like he misses wide open receivers every single time he throws to one. Yeah, he missed them so get over it. Pretty funny you are arguing that we still do not need upgrades at WR, that you think we are set at the position.
    Seriously. Ive seen the kid throw some damn perfect passes with the velocity and in windows only a handful of qbs today could make
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    Is there one worse? I'm not projecting the future, just the present. It seems like even Weeden is a better player.

RT did beat Seattle, then Wilson crushed the Bears on the road while RT stunk it up again.
    There were later-round picks who sit, but RT is the worst starting rookie QB.
    That kinda sucks.

Damn, I hate being so snakebit. Tannehill is Exactly who he was predicted to be.
    Luck and RG3 are QBs of a generation and Tannehill is like David Woodley or, gulp, a young Alex Smith.
    Things just never work out for us. I mean, Matt Moore could already be better than Tannehill will ever be.

At best, Tannehill will be an 'if' for another whole season. Johnny Football will probably be better, get drafted by the Jets, and kick our ass next year. Eagles QB Nick Foles might be better. Can U point to any QB and say with certainty "Tannehill is better than that guy"?

I root for Miami but I only have loyalty to winning players. Tannehill is a multimillionaire, **** him if he doesn't play well. Earn your money!

Frustrated fan. I'm trolling cuz I'm pissed and still pissed about that Buffalo game.
    This can come true, however it is too soon to make a prediction. But based on what I have seen it looks like Luck and RGIII are studs, Weeden and Wilson could be franchise QB's and Tannehill and Foles need some improvement. What worries me is Tannehill is the only one playing on a familiar scheme and still very few touchdowns. What gives me hope is that he was the less NFL ready of all 5 top QB's, so I hope there is a huge upside.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This thread=worst thread of 2012
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    The more I see RG3, Luck, Wilson, and even Weeden throwing TDs to play makers and making plays makes me despise Ireland more and more. It really isn't fair.
    Yeah, that's why at my house Ryan Tannehill is referred to as "The Consolation Prize".
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SB Dreamer View Post
    I'm with you and you are one of the few on this board who is wise enough to see that the Colts gamed the league and got away with it. There are many who post on here who are apathetic about it like it didnt affect them when in fact every highlight shown of Luck on espn could & probably should have been for the very team they are crying about today.

As far as the guy we got...He is a project and a risky one at that. He has more experience catching the ball than throwing it and up to right now has not proven he is a legit NFL qb. If he pans out great but if not I hear Hartline throws a tight spiral...

"You cannot fix stupid" Ron White
    Ron White may have been directing that at you?

Tannyhill is a legit NFL QB.......He's starting silly...
    Quote Quote