Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill = Worst rookie QB of 2012?

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    IA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is the problem that he has more interceptions than touchdown passes? Good thing Peyton Manning wasn't a rookie in Miami.
    Is the problem his 72.3 passer rating? He's just four points behind Andrew Luck on that.
    Is it his 57.9% completion rate? Matt Moore has exactly the same percentage on the season, and he's actually ahead of Luck.
    Is it just the 2,559 yards for which he has thrown this year? That ranks him 20th in the league, and is the highest yardage for a Dolphins rookie, ever.
    Maybe it's the 7.05 yards per attempt average. That's 19th in the league, ahead ofCarson Palmer, Matthew Stafford, and Phillip Rivers. And, that's running a west coast offense that uses short passing route predominantly.
    Is Ryan Tannehill a sure fire "franchise" quarterback, destined to take Miami to the Super Bowl? Who knows. But, I do know, benching him serves no purpose, and will make it even harder for the Dolphins to win that Lombardi Trophy. Stunting the rookie's growth now would be the biggest mistake the team could make.

-http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/12/4/3725336/why-the-ryan-tannehill-hate-suddenly-miami-dolphins

Maybe Tannehill isn't so bad, bro. He's actually been having a darn good season. I really dont understand how people like you can say that he's that bad of a QB.

He's a rookie. He's going to mess up. I'd love to see what a Brady or a Manning could do with these receivers, this playcalling, this o-line, and this running game. My bets are the wouldn't do too hot.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By no means am I saying Tannehill doesnt have some things to work on, deep ball accuracy being one of them although not the most alarming. Tom Brady started off missing wide open guys to this week like it was his job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Seriously. Ive seen the kid throw some damn perfect passes with the velocity and in windows only a handful of qbs today could make
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Limited, poor, and inconsistent quarterbacking is the main thing.
    Not really.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ryan Tannehill isn't very good. He is ranked 31 out of 34 QBs. He has a 70.2 QB rating and his td to interception ratio is 7 tds to 12 inteceptions. By comparison: RGIII QB rating is 104.4 and his td to interception ratio is 17 tds, 4 interceptions; Luck's QB rating is 76.1 and his td to interception ratio is 17 tds and 16 interceptions; Wilson's QB rating is 95.2, his td to interception ratio is 19 tds, 8 interceptions;Weeden's QB rating is 72.3 and his td to interception ratio is 13 tds and 15 interceptions. So I would conclude that yes Tannehill is one of the worse QBs, rookie or not. He is only ahead of Sanchez, Cassel, and Skelton.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    john elway threw 7 td's and 14 inteceptions his rookie year..his only target was steve watson..than he got ..vance johnson..mark jackson nattiel..orson mobley..clerance clay ..steve sewell..got better. than he got ..shannon sharpe..rod smith..terrell davis and got a ring..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n4-HWDut7E
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Limited, poor, and inconsistent quarterbacking is the main thing.
    The fact you have Chad Pennington in your handle says all I need to know about you.

What a disgrace to MIAMI greats to have a 19 game starter considered a equal.

Go back to trolling the ganggreen.com and leave true MIA fans be. This is why I hated Penny in MIA. He put this franchise back 4 years and led a smoke and mirrors team that hurt this team in the long run.

Trolls are a plenty in FH now days.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As someone who didn't want Tannehill at #8. I seem to be defending him quite abit.

If you take a 19 game collegiate starter, what in the **** do you doubters think his ROOKIE season would look like? Growing ****ING PAINS. But this is why he had to start this year. To learn on the job. To learn now. To see what we have. And I'm fine with it.

How some of you can draw a conclusion on this kid at this point is really lazy and stupid of some of you.

To Tannehill's advocates. This is why I said I wouldn't eat crow for at least 3 to 4 years. Let the kid develop and lets see how he grows into the system.

To date. There are things I really like about Tannehill. He has shown those flashes already. I just want him to finish strong. Nothing like going into a FULL offseason on a high note.

Really wish the admins here would consider a benchmark to allow trolls the ability to start such BS drivel here. I really feel as if I'm arguing/debating NYJ fans/Penny lovers all over again. I thought they would go away once he went back home, but I was wrong.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This kind of post coming from a guy who's never played football? CP was the best quarterback we had since Marino, and the last one that took us to the playoffs. He led us to 9 wins in the last 10 games to even make the playoffs. And you judge him by the 11th game against the Ravens? He still kept us in that game and almost brought us back until Ted Gin fumbled on the reverse at the end. You make no sense, touting Tannehil and bashing Pennington.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    The fact you have Chad Pennington in your handle says all I need to know about you.

What a disgrace to MIAMI greats to have a 19 game starter considered a equal.

Go back to trolling the ganggreen.com and leave true MIA fans be. This is why I hated Penny in MIA. He put this franchise back 4 years and led a smoke and mirrors team that hurt this team in the long run.

Trolls are a plenty in FH now days.
    Talk about trolls... "Put the franchise back 4 years?" That's all I need to know about you. We went 11-5 after going 1-15, and beat out the patriots for the east title (patriots won 9/10 last AFC east titles). How does that set us back? You speak no logic, you're clearly just a hater. Drafting Tannehill is what is what will set us back for the next 3 or 4 years.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i only watch the dolphins games from start to finish so i really cant say he is better or worse than any of the other rooki QB'S.sometimes i will watch the games more than once so i can look back without emotions.what i have seen from RT is exactly what i was expecting to see from him,so ups and some downs.all the scouts claimed he was a reach at # 8 but when are the scouts 100% right about anything.he had a leg up on most rookie QB'S in that he already new the system he was going into.perhaps this played a role into why he is running the team the way he has.its far to early to say he is a keeper or a long term back up.what i have seen though is that this team has a lack of talent in key positions
    Quote Quote