Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 129

Thread: Tannehill = Worst rookie QB of 2012?

  1. -61
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,350
    vCash:
    17897
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

    Re: Tannehill = Worst rookie QB of 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by phinking View Post
    Not necessarily. Re-Sign Matt Moore and have a true OPEN competition next year between Tannehill, Moore and Devlin. If Tannehill wins it, good for him. But they must play the guy that gives this team the best chance to win. At this time i think Moore gives them the best chance but since the season is already lost, they have no choice now but to go with Tannehill.
    a qb competition in Miami? lolz
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    DolfanDuBbZ~'s Avatar
    Avoid the 'Noid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    5,591
    vCash:
    4447
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Talk about trolls... "Put the franchise back 4 years?" That's all I need to know about you. We went 11-5 after going 1-15, and beat out the patriots for the east title (patriots won 9/10 last AFC east titles). How does that set us back? You speak no logic, you're clearly just a hater. Drafting Tannehill is what is what will set us back for the next 3 or 4 years.
    Did you get a thrill up your leg in 08? Did the East title matter in 09? 2010? How about Sparano and company, did it save their jobs? What did 08 do that mattered for the long term success for this team and franchise?

    By Henne not learning and starting in 08, the franchise and team had to endure the growing pains up until 2011. This franchise then found out Henne wasn't the answer a year later than it should have. Setting this team back, and bringing in a new CS. If you don't understand that 08 hurt this team in the long run, then it goes to show the shallowness of anything you have to offer here.

    Penny never won a big game in his career. His 19 starts did nothing for this franchise that mattered. He accomplished something the likes of Scott Mitchell and Jay Fiedler did and that was to take the team to the playoffs. Nothing more. Dan Marino won games and went to a SB. He redefined the QB position for his era. And Griese? Do we even have to go into what he did for the franchise?

    But you have a 19 game starter on a equal plane with those MIA greats. Someone should take your fan card if not your man card.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,673
    vCash:
    36408
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    HEY at least we aren't stuck with Mark Sanchez.
    Ironic that you mention him. When I read this forum you always read about that Tannehill has to learn because he didn't start that many games in college as a QB (19). In other words fans pin their hopes on Tannehill's lack of experience.
    On the other hand Sanchez's failure to become a solid NFL starter and franchise QB has been reasoned because of his lack of college starts (16).

    Wanna play devil's advocate.....?

    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    "You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    DolfanDuBbZ~'s Avatar
    Avoid the 'Noid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    5,591
    vCash:
    4447
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Ironic that you mention him. When I read this forum you always read about that Tannehill has to learn because he didn't start that many games in college as a QB (19). In other words fans pin their hopes on Tannehill's lack of experience.
    On the other hand Sanchez's failure to become a solid NFL starter and franchise QB has been reasoned because of his lack of college starts (16).

    Wanna play devil's advocate.....?


    Not pinning any hopes on Tannehill's lack of experience. But it would be a reason to expect a first season of growing pains.

    Sanchez started his career with a team built to win and win now. Can you say that about MIA and Tannehill's supporting cast his rookie year?

    That NYJ offensive line in 09 was TOP 3 easily.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    utahphinsfan's Avatar
    it is what it is

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    6,044
    vCash:
    14736
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispepper View Post
    He went toe to toe with luck for most of that game against the colts.. he out-dueled russell wilson. He did all of that with no weapons. Yeah Tannehill really is a stinker.
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    nothings change for me off what i said earlier this season after like week 3...long term he's the 2nd best qb to come out of this class...i firmly believe it off what i see...
    I agree w/ Chris & Hoos.

    I was just thinking about this last night. Opposing D's will have Bob Griffin, who is not as complex as a certain formation Miami used to run, figured out by this time next yr.

    Luck is near the top of his ceiling but will/should remain there for the next 12 to 15 yrs. Much like his predecessor in Indy, AL12 is one of a kind.

    Weeden's age could work against him. Wilson will have a sophomore slump; how he plays the 1st half of 2014 will be a good indicator of his career.
    Your opinion & $5.00 will get me a fancy coffee drink at Starbucks.









    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,673
    vCash:
    36408
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Not pinning any hopes on Tannehill's lack of experience. But it would be a reason to expect a first season of growing pains.

    Sanchez started his career with a team built to win and win now. Can you say that about MIA and Tannehill's supporting cast his rookie year?

    That NYJ offensive line in 09 was TOP 3 easily.
    Uhummmm. My post was in jest thus the smiley. I wasn't so much comparing Sanchez and Tannehill but rather mocking those who highlite with every second post that Tannehill has to get better with more games because he didn't play that many games in college and the NFL yet.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    1,601
    vCash:
    9505
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquesstrap View Post
    Why was Tannehill drafted in the first place if he has only played x-amount of games during college and is the least experienced of the rookie QBs? That speaks volumes of Jeff Ireland's lack of talent evaluation. Why would anyone draft a "project" at the most critical spot on the team? Qb is the one spot that an "Acorn" will simply not do.
    And get this... With the EIGHTH pick in the Draft.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    Dolfan77's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2010
    Posts:
    112
    vCash:
    1070
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't understand this at all.


    Is the problem that he has more interceptions than touchdown passes? Good thing Peyton Manning wasn't a rookie in Miami.

    Is the problem his 72.3 passer rating? He's just four points behind Andrew Luck on that.


    Is it his 57.9% completion rate? Matt Moore has exactly the same percentage on the season, and he's actually ahead of Luck.


    Is it just the 2,559 yards for which he has thrown this year? That ranks him 20th in the league, and is the highest yardage for a Dolphins rookie, ever.


    Maybe it's the 7.05 yards per attempt average. That's 19th in the league, ahead of Carson Palmer, Matthew Stafford, and Phillip Rivers. And, that's running a west coast offense that uses short passing route predominantly.

    Tannehill's going to make rookie mistakes. Maybe, that's because he's a rookie.

    Quoted from article: http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/12/...miami-dolphins
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    SkapePhin's Avatar
    Brady Slayer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    20,016
    vCash:
    27777
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Point of reference. At the 8:50 mark of the Pats/Dolphins game, Brady BADLY overthrew a wide open Edelman in the endzone. Brady must suck.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    AdamC13's Avatar
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    2,184
    vCash:
    1227
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Tannehill was wearing any uniform but a Dolphin uniform then the majority of Dolphin fans would agree that Tannehill is the worst of the 1st round picks. Could you imagine the sarcastic posts to NYJunc if Tannehill wore a Jet uniform? An argument can be made Weeden is equally as bad, but at least Weeden has shown the propensity to put the ball in the end zone a little more often. One thing is for sure and that is Luck, RG3 and Wilson are far superior than Tannehill as a QB. Would have been much better off signing Flynn and spending the #8 pick on a player like Kuechly.

    Unfortunately, this has all the makings of another Chad Henne type of situation in which the player is given the better part of 3-4 years to prove he is not up to the task and then it is back to drafting another QB or the revolving veteran like what happened the first 10 years after Marino retired.

    I hope Tannehill proves me wrong, but if history holds true then more than a 90% probability Tannehill is just another overrated 1st rounder due to the importance of the position. At best, an average starter with maximum potential to fall somewhere to be a top 15-20 QB. That generally doesn't earn a team many trips to the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. The 2012 Rookie Class: Year In Review
    By fishfanmiami in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 10:32 AM
  2. 2012 Rookie Showdown - Round 1 This Sunday
    By 72TributeBike in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2012, 09:08 AM
  3. 2012 NFLPA Rookie Premiere Photos: Egnew and Tannehill
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 10:47 PM
  4. 2012 NFLPA Rookie Premiere Pics.
    By clownfish in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 09:10 PM
  5. 2012 NFL Rookie Premiere
    By NyPhan23 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •