Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tannehill = Worst rookie QB of 2012?

1. -81
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    First round quarterbacks have a 50/50 chance of success historically. Thus Tannehill has a 50/50 chance of succeeding. He will be our starting QB for at least three seasons. He and Philbin (and I suppose Ireland) are tied at the hip. This means that this debate will rage for at least 3 seasons.

The best the Dolphins can do is get him a solid Oline and some weapons (WR and TE) and see what he can do. Then he will either succeed or not. If yes, great. If not, rinse and repeat process.

I, for one, am glad they started Tannehill this season. I want to know what we have at QB ASAP. Moore was never the answer so what is the point of starting him? How does 9-7 or 8-8 with Moore help us long-term? He will be gone after this season. We should look to draft another QB or two in rounds 5-7 and UDFAs. That's what good teams do (see Pats, Packers, etc.).

Bottom Line: We will never be a consistent playoff team until we have a franchise QB.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rookie season.

"I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the maaaan.."
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Alternate title for this thread: iamtiv = Worst Finheaven poster of 2012?

Quote Quote  

4. -84
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daphne, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Limited, poor, and inconsistent quarterbacking is the main thing.
    Inconsistent is fair. Poor is not. He has good games and even good moments in his bad games. I guess I don't see what you're seeing. At one point you wanted Devlin to start - we just see things differently.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Art Damage

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Francisco
    Thanks / No Thanks
    GS GP QBR ATT COMP COMP% YDS TDS INTS Why do people forget how raw Ryan Tannehill is at the quarterback position?
    13 13 133.2 327 531 61.6 3,744 29 15

That was his first season as a starting QB at TAMU. He has all the tools you look for in a quarterback, with none of the college bad habits, and he's playing remarkably well. If Ryan is surrounded with better talent aiding his own, he can be a special player. Thats up to the coaches.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Limited, poor, and inconsistent quarterbacking is the main thing.
    Dog **** post.

Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cltchperf View Post
    but then again tannehill beat wilson's team last week and made the throws to win in last minute and not wilson..
    um, actually if you watched the game, Tannehill lost the game by throwing an INT in the endzone and then we got a bullcrud call for unessessary roughness on tannehill and we got the ball back with a new set of downs.
    --==\ JMarino /==--
    www.tecmosb.com
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JMarino View Post
    um, actually if you watched the game, Tannehill lost the game by throwing an INT in the endzone and then we got a bullcrud call for unessessary roughness on tannehill and we got the ball back with a new set of downs.
    No, Tannehill took over that 4th quarter against the Seahawks and led three scoring drives, including setting up the game winning field goal. That roughing the passer call was the right call and is in the NFL rule book. It is part of the game.

Quote Quote  

9. -89
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Whether you're Tom Brady, Mark buttfumble, Eli Manning, Ryan Tannehill, or Charlie Whitehurst...if you make contact anywhere NEAR a QBs head (accidental or not), you're going to get flagged...no matter what team or what position you play. I don't understand why some players and fans still don't get this. We may not like it, but it is what it is. The NFL is always going to protect its moneymakers, the Quarterbacks. Defenses are going to have to adjust or pay the price, simple as that.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    The Futures of the NFL

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    is there one worse? I'm not projecting the future, just the present. It seems like even weeden is a better player.

Rt did beat seattle, then wilson crushed the bears on the road while rt stunk it up again.
    There were later-round picks who sit, but rt is the worst starting rookie qb.
    That kinda sucks.

Damn, i hate being so snakebit. Tannehill is exactly who he was predicted to be.
    Luck and rg3 are qbs of a generation and tannehill is like david woodley or, gulp, a young alex smith.
    Things just never work out for us. I mean, matt moore could already be better than tannehill will ever be.

At best, tannehill will be an 'if' for another whole season. Johnny football will probably be better, get drafted by the jets, and kick our ass next year. Eagles qb nick foles might be better. Can u point to any qb and say with certainty "tannehill is better than that guy"?

I root for miami but i only have loyalty to winning players. Tannehill is a multimillionaire, **** him if he doesn't play well. Earn your money!

Frustrated fan. I'm trolling cuz i'm pissed and still pissed about that buffalo game.
    i will now be joining vip due to this post. It's mad annoying coming on here and having to read the same doom and gloom threads complaining about the same damn things just written in different manners. Simple advice gtfu (grow the f*** up) be a fan and cheer for your team if not there's always tgg im sure you'd fit right on in.
    1. Sign Mike Wallace
    2. Resign Smith, Hartline, Starks, & Fasano.
    3. Draft CB Rd. 1
    4. Draft FS & "Seam Threat" TE Rd. 2
    5. Draft WR & DE Rd. 3
    6. Draft LB

Hater's shake my hand, but i keep that sanitizer on DECK!

Quote Quote