Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still holding on to Playoff hopes

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION Still holding on to Playoff hopes

Look, I know nearly everybody else has given up on this season but I just cant let go. I know I will get blasted by all of you and people will think I am an idiot, but until we are mathmatically eliminated I can still dream. I for one am not immpressed with the 49ers. I know they win and have a good record and all that but I seriously think Miami can and will beat them. SF can beat anyone but I feel anyone can beat them as well. For some reason I think the Jags at home is a scary game. I know they have struggled but this has "the Titans game feel" for me. With that being said Miami should still get the ugly win and go to 7-7. The Bills @ home and the Pats to finish out. Buffalo will be tough on us as always but we win big in this one. A lot like the Oakland game in week 2 Miami basically beat themselves yesterday with just too many mistakes and not taking advantage of oppertunities and NE may even be resting Brady on week 17. So who knows, if this team plays like they can we can win out. Hey, wilder things have happened in th NFL. Now if we finish 9-7 we also need Pittsburgh and Cinncinatti to be 9-7 as well. The Jets will play themselves out as they will be lucky to win again and we will eliminate the bills week 16.

Pittsburgh--- SD, @ Dallas, Cinncinnatti, Cleveland

Cinncinnatti--- Dallas, @ Philadelphia, @ Pittsburgh, Baltimore

I have the Steelers losing to Dallas who is fighting for their playoff lives in Dallas and the Bengals in a division game. The Chargers or Browns are capable of winning but I had Pitt winning those two. I have the Bengals also losing to Dallas then Baltimore in week 17. Who knows maybe the Eagles surprises them in Phily to help us out. If these things happen we will be the 6 seed according to the ESPN playoff machine. I know I am asking for a miracle but I will not give up until we mathmatically done. Call me crazy but the Steelers and Bengals could lose those games. The big thing is Miami winning out but it isnt over just yet. At least in my eyes.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Just stop dude.

The Steelers and Colts are both getting to 10 wins.

Our only hope was winning the division at 9-7 and that ended when we lost to the Pats.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey, as crazy as it sounds and as unlikely as it is, I'm with ya. Until the fat mathematical eliminator lady sings, I'm hoping and praying. That's the point of playing this game and any other game, to win. And the point of us fans is to hope to win. **** the offseason lets beat the niners.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After the loss to the Colts I was pretty sure we werent gonna make it. After the Titans, I knew we didn't belong there with that kind of performance. And after the Bills loss, I gave up hope. While the win against the Seahawks and a close game with the Patriots was nice, we are not a play off team.

I don't want to insult you, hell, kudos for you to keeping the hope alive for so long honestly! But I think the 49ers will annihilate our offense and it'll be a tough game we lose in SF, but I disagree, the Jags are very beatable "trap-game" or not. Bills we can beat too. I don't think the Patriots at home is gonna fare too well for us unless they take out their starts extremely early

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    So, not impressed by the 49ers, but think the Phins still have a chance.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That cliff they keep talking about, we already found it
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it's gonna take a miracle to get this team to .500. why anyone is thinking about the playoffs is beyond me. as for the 49ers game next week. i wouldn't be surprised if we got shutout.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I held hope until I saw Cincy and Pittsburgh win this past week.

At this point, find something else to do after the final week of the season because watching the Dolphins (unless its old tapes) wont be available.

Forget the Colts game, those TWO games we lost (that we should've won) against the Jets and Cards by missed Carpenter FGs have come back to haunt us like I knew they would.

YOU NEVER underestimate the value of a WIN even if its early.

I love it when people start talking crap at the beginning of a season saying things like "This game doesnt matter, we've got a long way to go." blah blah blah.

Every game matters when you've only got 16 to play.

Win those two and we are sitting at 7-5 instead of 5-7 and still OK.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We would of had a chance but the Steelers, Bengals, and Colts won. 4 games left Colts have tiebreaker and will take a playoff spot. We need the Steelers and Bengals to lose 2 games and we have to win all 4. Highly unlikely.
    Quote Quote