Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still holding on to Playoff hopes

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The sewer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No way does this team belong in the playoffs, too many blown games. This game last week, the Bills game, the 1st Jets game, the Cards game, the Colts game they've got to figure out how to finish these games or it's going to be ugly next year.

Anything is possible but I think realistically the best they will do is beat the Jags and Bills, play tough vs 49ers and Patriots (up there) and maybe steal one of those games too 7-9 or 8-8. Than we can look back at this as not all that bad of a first season but the pressure on Philbin, Tannehill and the Dolphins really begins next year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Captain Wine Cooler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BAdkins159 View Post
    Look, I know nearly everybody else has given up on this season but I just cant let go. I know I will get blasted by all of you and people will think I am an idiot, but until we are mathmatically eliminated I can still dream. I for one am not immpressed with the 49ers. I know they win and have a good record and all that but I seriously think Miami can and will beat them. SF can beat anyone but I feel anyone can beat them as well. For some reason I think the Jags at home is a scary game. I know they have struggled but this has "the Titans game feel" for me. With that being said Miami should still get the ugly win and go to 7-7. The Bills @ home and the Pats to finish out. Buffalo will be tough on us as always but we win big in this one. A lot like the Oakland game in week 2 Miami basically beat themselves yesterday with just too many mistakes and not taking advantage of oppertunities and NE may even be resting Brady on week 17. So who knows, if this team plays like they can we can win out. Hey, wilder things have happened in th NFL. Now if we finish 9-7 we also need Pittsburgh and Cinncinatti to be 9-7 as well. The Jets will play themselves out as they will be lucky to win again and we will eliminate the bills week 16.

Pittsburgh--- SD, @ Dallas, Cinncinnatti, Cleveland

Cinncinnatti--- Dallas, @ Philadelphia, @ Pittsburgh, Baltimore

I have the Steelers losing to Dallas who is fighting for their playoff lives in Dallas and the Bengals in a division game. The Chargers or Browns are capable of winning but I had Pitt winning those two. I have the Bengals also losing to Dallas then Baltimore in week 17. Who knows maybe the Eagles surprises them in Phily to help us out. If these things happen we will be the 6 seed according to the ESPN playoff machine. I know I am asking for a miracle but I will not give up until we mathmatically done. Call me crazy but the Steelers and Bengals could lose those games. The big thing is Miami winning out but it isnt over just yet. At least in my eyes.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We started the Season 4-2. We Blew OT Losses to 2 Bad Teams, The Jets and Cardinals. Both are Worse then we are. When You Lose 37-3 at Home to the Lowly Titans You Probably Don't Deserve to go to the Playoffs Dude. Do we have the Talent to Go? Yes, but did we Come Up Short Again? Yes. It Sucks. Giving up a 4th Down and 10 against AZ to Lose makes you think we should have kept V. Davis. But what do I know man?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pepperwood View Post
    We started the Season 4-2. We Blew OT Losses to 2 Bad Teams, The Jets and Cardinals. Both are Worse then we are. When You Lose 37-3 at Home to the Lowly Titans You Probably Don't Deserve to go to the Playoffs Dude. Do we have the Talent to Go? Yes, but did we Come Up Short Again? Yes. It Sucks. Giving up a 4th Down and 10 against AZ to Lose makes you think we should have kept V. Davis. But what do I know man?
    Vontae Davis is the worst starting CB this year, but I'm sure some of that is from getting his world turned upside down.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    You have made me angry very angry indeed

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mars
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This team is so up and down all the time, hardly ever can they play consistently. Those odds just do not work with the way they have been playing, but who knows.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we get to .500, that's more then expected out of us. Hell, I'm happy with 5 wins. If we had that "Brandon Marshall" type receiver, along with some play calls that were a little more downfield, I'd say playoffs would have been a tad more fathomable. We're only a few offensive players away from dominating this division.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pepperwood View Post
    The Dolphins got to 4-3 after beating the Jets but then lost four of five after that.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starting to hear voices

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlared View Post
    it's gonna take a miracle to get this team to .500. why anyone is thinking about the playoffs is beyond me. as for the 49ers game next week. i wouldn't be surprised if we got shutout.
    ​That's the spirit!
    JMB
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starting to hear voices

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
    Hey, as crazy as it sounds and as unlikely as it is, I'm with ya. Until the fat mathematical eliminator lady sings, I'm hoping and praying. That's the point of playing this game and any other game, to win. And the point of us fans is to hope to win. **** the offseason lets beat the niners.
    ​Me too. Not likely but stranger things have happened.
    Quote Quote