Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 47 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1053

Thread: *** Official AM thread. Reborn. Still Biblical. ***

  1. -461
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,717
    vCash:
    12951
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Californication starts back on Sunday.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

  2. -462
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,198
    vCash:
    37354
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Californication starts back on Sunday.
    Californication is the biggest 180 I've ever done on a show. I really dug the first season. Obviously an absurd fantasy show (anyone who's read Women by Bukowski knows there's an element of truth to it but the women are a good bit scuzzier), but then came the "twist" at the end of the first season and I did a complete "eff this" and haven't seen another moment from the show that didn't involve famous people's tits.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -463
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    16,046
    vCash:
    10096
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Strange. I'm the opposite. I did a 180 at the end of the first season and loved it. I was seriously about to give up on that show. First season was so dull IMO. These past couple of seasons have been outstanding.

    Quote Quote  

  4. -464
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,717
    vCash:
    12951
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Last season kind of sucked. Hopefully this one is better. Also, The Walrus is right. Women is a great novel. The Hank Moody character was based on Chinaski, especially in that book.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -465
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,198
    vCash:
    37354
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Strange. I'm the opposite. I did a 180 at the end of the first season and loved it. I was seriously about to give up on that show. First season was so dull IMO. These past couple of seasons have been outstanding.
    You've never been more wrong.

    ---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Last season kind of sucked. Hopefully this one is better. Also, The Walrus is right. Women is a great novel. The Hank Moody character was based on Chinaski, especially in that book.
    Agreed. Not my favorite Bukowski, though. Not sure about you. Of his novels I've yet to read Hollywood but I found Factotum to be my favorite (haven't read any of his poetry). The movie version was credible, too.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -466
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,717
    vCash:
    12951
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    You've never been more wrong. ---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------Agreed. Not my favorite Bukowski, though. Not sure about you. Of his novels I've yet to read Hollywood but I found Factotum to be my favorite (haven't read any of his poetry). The movie version was credible, too.
    I've only read that one so far. I'm about halfway through Post Office. I have seen the movie of Facotum, though (the version with Matt Dillon) and did enjoy it.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -467
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,198
    vCash:
    37354
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I've only read that one so far. I'm about halfway through Post Office. I have seen the movie of Facotum, though (the version with Matt Dillon) and did enjoy it.
    I liked Factotum the most, then Post Office, then Ham on Rye, then Women. I really liked the Factotum movie. Much better than Barfly (the one with Mickey Rouke) imo.

    Bukowski was a big fan of John Fante so I checked him out and ended up loving Ask the Dust (avoid the movie, other than Salma's tits). Fante's compilation of short stories, The Wine of Youth, is also fantastic. If you dig Bukowski I think you'll like it.

    /book forum
    Quote Quote  

  8. -468
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,717
    vCash:
    12951
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

  9. -469
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,717
    vCash:
    12951
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I liked Factotum the most, then Post Office, then Ham on Rye, then Women. I really liked the Factotum movie. Much better than Barfly (the one with Mickey Rouke) imo.

    Bukowski was a big fan of John Fante so I checked him out and ended up loving Ask the Dust (avoid the movie, other than Salma's tits). Fante's compilation of short stories, The Wine of Youth, is also fantastic. If you dig Bukowski I think you'll like it.

    /book forum
    I'll have to check those out. I honestly just don't get to read as much as I used to.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -470
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,717
    vCash:
    12951
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm kind of surprised none of the Ireland fellaters have nominated me for Debbie Downer.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. 25 years ago today America was reborn
    By zach13 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 09:20 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
  3. Official Alien and UFO thread reborn
    By Alex44 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 05:52 PM
  4. The Official Throw-back-thread Thread
    By mor911 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 04:49 PM
  5. Reborn Ricky Williams Is A Runaway Hit In Miami
    By dolphan39 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2002, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •