Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Report: Synthetic pot sends thousands to hospital

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Man i thought i saw ROB there too................
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Report: Synthetic pot sends thousands to hospital

This is why the real stuff should be legal. Although the article claims half a million people went to the ER over MJ, my guess is a lot of that is either made up or parents bringing in their stoned teens which isn't really an emergency just eat and sleep it off. K2 is a bad idea for anyone its 100% chemicals. Brain + Chemicals = Bad idea.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Just say yes! Ron Paul 2012

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I did a couple speeches in my communication studies class this semester on this exact thing. During my research, I found that the problem with these new drugs is not just the negative effects of the chemical in measured doses, but the widely varying doses and psychoactive chemicals used to produce the effect.

The popularity of these products caused the DEA to have it emergency-scheduled, making it illegal. Half the reason it is being used by people was the legality of it, compared to the real stuff. The producer's response to this was to mess with the chemical make up of the original popular chemical, JWH-018, to make it slightly different, making that new chemical legal and still somewhat similar. The danger lies not in the similarities of these substitute synthetics (of which there are thousands to choose from) but in the ways they are different.

One study i looked at stated that after testing about 500 samples of 15 different brands from all over the country, there were about 90 different substances, with about 20 of them coming up often. The other part of this study showed the great disparity of doses used in the same brand, from other areas. Basically, the doses ranged from single digits all the way up to 65 mg of chemical per gram of product. This is the stat that troubled me most deeply.

Of course, in my persuasive version of this speech, I ended with a way to kill the demand of synthetic. I laid it out really simple, legalize weed and this **** will never be heard of again. I tried so hard to NOT be THAT GUY, that does a legalize weed speech. Unfortunately, in my professor's notes and grading explanation, he wrote that my topic was legalizing pot... Needless to say, I was pissed. I was trying to denounce this ****, while providing a simple solution. Not say that this is a reason weed should be legal. But I did get an A
    Last edited by 1 dol fan; 12-04-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typos and clarification
    I just want to win.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    This stuff is bad news. I've had a couple friends that tried this stuff because they couldn't smoke the real thing for various reasons (military, job), one of them told me he projectile vomited the first time he smoked it, & the other told me he got something akin to a migraine. I told them to quit it because I'd been hearing stories of people going to the hospital with brain swelling from this stuff. Also heard it doesn't even get you high.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    This stuff is bad news. I've had a couple friends that tried this stuff because they couldn't smoke the real thing for various reasons (military, job), one of them told me he projectile vomited the first time he smoked it, & the other told me he got something akin to a migraine. I told them to quit it because I'd been hearing stories of people going to the hospital with brain swelling from this stuff. Also heard it doesn't even get you high.
    I tried it. Once.

It tripped me the hell out. Like it ****ed up my entire perception of the passing of time. It was weird and uncomfortable. Then I got sick and my mouth started running water which i know mean vomit os soon coming. Walked outside and held id in but I heaved a few times. It was horrible.

0/10. Would not smoke again.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    9-7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    This is why the real stuff should be legal. Although the article claims half a million people went to the ER over MJ, my guess is a lot of that is either made up or parents bringing in their stoned teens which isn't really an emergency just eat and sleep it off. K2 is a bad idea for anyone its 100% chemicals. Brain + Chemicals = Bad idea.
    LOL

Nobody is going to the ER for smoking some weed. What is probably happening is they are finding traces of mariuana and going "OMFGZZZZZ!!!!". You know, just like how they try and claim someone was "high" and slaughtered 4 people in his car, when in reality he was drunk as piss and had trades of MJ from the other night. It's pretty silly at this point...meanwhile they're shoving alchohol and the healthy alternative cigarretes down our throats.

Funny how this was/is legal. It sounds a lot like Salvia which I'm not a huge fan of.
    Quote Quote