Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Not for homers...

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Homer = blind people... You find them in politics and sports mostly... churned by the media and sports outlets...
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
    I could crap out a better thread than this.

Fail. Miserably.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by TANanhasaBUSH View Post
    Homer = blind people... You find them in politics and sports mostly... churned by the media and sports outlets...
    Thanks, but I'm fully aware what a "homer" is and I still think it's a ridiculous word. I cringe every time I hear someone in the media say "homer" or "hater". I mean com'on...you went to school for this, be a little bit more creative!
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol how can you possibly say Luck is like Steve YOung? They are not anywhere near the same qb. If young compares to anyone it would be RG3. Either way making comparisons based on the first 11 games is pretty stupid! Last year, Cam Newton was the best rookie qb in history after 11 games.....where is he now? Just because someone likes Tannehill or Ireland or the Marshall trade does not make them homers. They just see things differently than you. Of course, I question your credibility with those comparisons or the simple fact that you are making them already!lol Settle down and wait a year before saying who is going to be a hall of famer and who is going to suck!lol
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Lol how can you possibly say Luck is like Steve YOung? They are not anywhere near the same qb. If young compares to anyone it would be RG3. Either way making comparisons based on the first 11 games is pretty stupid! Last year, Cam Newton was the best rookie qb in history after 11 games.....where is he now? Just because someone likes Tannehill or Ireland or the Marshall trade does not make them homers. They just see things differently than you. Of course, I question your credibility with those comparisons or the simple fact that you are making them already!lol Settle down and wait a year before saying who is going to be a hall of famer and who is going to suck!lol
    this and like I said wilson is nothing like mcnabb in his throwing motion, athleticism, velocity on his throws especially deep throws, and the team they have around them. It's only been 11 games this thread is crazy along with the fact tannehill i incredibly raw with only 19 games in college. I can easily find better comparisons for weeden than trent but who cares when the sample size to small to put a ceiling on players.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Throwing motion... I'm not comparing them by "throwing motion" or "velocity"... I'm comparing them by how they are successful on the field... Not by what they look like while playing a game...
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Throwing motion... I'm not comparing them by "throwing motion" or "velocity"... I'm comparing them by how they are successful on the field... Not by what they look like while playing a game...
    Then this is a garbage thread with just 11 games in the books no one puts a ceiling on player just on that and this would also be heavily depended on the talent a player has around them.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And Noodleman look at Steve Young's first full season in the league, 1986... Pretty close, TD/interception ratio and rushing yards and rushing TD's. The passing yards are off, Andrew Luck is a better passer than Steve Young was at this point in his career.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Here is the truth, homers wont agree with... Because, well... Their HOMERS! Same guys that said Chad Henne was going to be a star. Same guys that said they were happy we traded Brandon Marshall for Egnew and a 3rd round pick. (Brandon Marshall is now ELITE again... WONDER WHY?) Same guys that defend Ireland. Same guys that defend Ross... Same guys that still want the dolphins to franchise tag the worst left tackle in the game... Jake Long, And yes he is rated as the worst Left tackle in the league this season. Injury prone much? john beck much? Who is responsible for the last 10 years of draft classes? THE DOLPHINS BEST PICK IN 10 YEARS IS A PUNTER!!! BRANDON FIELDS!!! HOLY CRAP! When is anybody going to be held accountable? It is pretty obvious, it all starts at the top...

I honestly like Philbin, SERIOUSLY! I feel bad for him... Because for the same reason's Jeff Fisher turned down the job. Ireland and Ross will not let their coach (who actually understands the game of football and what he wants to do) make personnel moves. I know this thread will be deleted by a homerbot... But, it is important that people understand what is going on here. This team will NEVER be successful as long as Ross and Ireland are making the decisions. THINK ABOUT IT!!! We signed a West coast, offensive minded Coach and supplied him with a Rookie QB and ZERO WEAPONS in an offense that needs A LOT OF WEAPONS... IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!

Now don't get me wrong... Philbin is the right guy for the job. He is a very smart man. The team has been more competitive then I thought they would be. I feel Philbin has done a great job! Especially with the way he dealt with the team leaders after they cut Ochostinko. He was able to get them back in that mind set needed to win football games.

Rip me to shreds all you want... But I'm the same Dolphins fan as I was 15 years ago... I just don't wear homer glasses...

Player comparison by their potential

#1 Luck = Steve Young

#2 RG3 = Randall Cunningham (maybe even better depending on long term health)

#3 Russel Wilson = Donovan McNabb

#4 Weeden = Trent Dilfer (Weeden ahead of Tannehill because his deep ball is always on point unlike Tannehill who needs to work on his deep ball)

#5 Tannehill = Joe MOMMA Flacco (As of now, I still want to see what he looks like with an elite TE or WR, both preferably)

Eat it, swallow it, and digest it... Because Finheaven is just like any other media outlet... People wont talk about are teams weakness's... If you do, 20 people jump all over you and your post gets deleted or buried! Its almost like you have to be "politically correct, leaning HOMER"

But, its totally OK to make a thread with a title containing the word "playoffs" in it... HAHAHAHAHA DELUSIONAL !!!

But HEY, will talk about the Jets and Bills to make us feel better... But, let me tell you something... If you have to resort, to comparing yourself to the Jets and Bills to make yourself feel better... Take a step back and look at the entire league a little closer...

GO DOLPHINS GO JESUS!!! GOOD DAY!
    So FH lets anyone with an IQ of 3 create an account here apparently. Great.

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Must have been pretty hard for you to rip this off from the thread started the other day. Its pretty much word for word. It is good for people to have their own thoughts.
    Here is the truth, homers wont agree with... Because, well... Their HOMERS! Same guys that said Chad Henne was going to be a star. Same guys that said they were happy we traded Brandon Marshall for Egnew and a 3rd round pick. (Brandon Marshall is now ELITE again... WONDER WHY?) Same guys that defend Ireland. Same guys that defend Ross... Same guys that still want the dolphins to franchise tag the worst left tackle in the game... Jake Long, And yes he is rated as the worst Left tackle in the league this season. Injury prone much? john beck much? Who is responsible for the last 10 years of draft classes? THE DOLPHINS BEST PICK IN 10 YEARS IS A PUNTER!!! BRANDON FIELDS!!! HOLY CRAP! When is anybody going to be held accountable? It is pretty obvious, it all starts at the top...

I honestly like Philbin, SERIOUSLY! I feel bad for him... Because for the same reason's Jeff Fisher turned down the job. Ireland and Ross will not let their coach (who actually understands the game of football and what he wants to do) make personnel moves. I know this thread will be deleted by a homerbot... But, it is important that people understand what is going on here. This team will NEVER be successful as long as Ross and Ireland are making the decisions. THINK ABOUT IT!!! We signed a West coast, offensive minded Coach and supplied him with a Rookie QB and ZERO WEAPONS in an offense that needs A LOT OF WEAPONS... IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!

Now don't get me wrong... Philbin is the right guy for the job. He is a very smart man. The team has been more competitive then I thought they would be. I feel Philbin has done a great job! Especially with the way he dealt with the team leaders after they cut Ochostinko. He was able to get them back in that mind set needed to win football games.

Rip me to shreds all you want... But I'm the same Dolphins fan as I was 15 years ago... I just don't wear homer glasses...

Player comparison by their potential

#1 Luck = Steve Young

#2 RG3 = Randall Cunningham (maybe even better depending on long term health)

#3 Russel Wilson = Donovan McNabb

#4 Weeden = Trent Dilfer (Weeden ahead of Tannehill because his deep ball is always on point unlike Tannehill who needs to work on his deep ball)

#5 Tannehill = Joe MOMMA Flacco (As of now, I still want to see what he looks like with an elite TE or WR, both preferably)

Eat it, swallow it, and digest it... Because Finheaven is just like any other media outlet... People wont talk about are teams weakness's... If you do, 20 people jump all over you and your post gets deleted or buried! Its almost like you have to be "politically correct, leaning HOMER"

But, its totally OK to make a thread with a title containing the word "playoffs" in it... HAHAHAHAHA DELUSIONAL !!!

But HEY, will talk about the Jets and Bills to make us feel better... But, let me tell you something... If you have to resort, to comparing yourself to the Jets and Bills to make yourself feel better... Take a step back and look at the entire league a little closer...

GO DOLPHINS GO JESUS!!! GOOD DAY!
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote