Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Dansby on Philbin benching Odrick and Wake: "They have to be in the game. Period."

1. -61
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finz714 View Post
    We can't keep letting go of our good players just because they disagree with the coach. This is getting old! We can't expect to have choir boys and "yes men" players and still be able to compete with elite teams. We need to have some "bad boys" in the locker room, somebody that will light fires up peoples arses and get the team fired up. We don't have that because our staff is worried about image more than winning..... I wanna win baby!!!
    I don't want to relase Dansby either - he's a great asset - but he can't keep questioning the coaches' decisions to the media, and creating a distraction for the team. And who says you need "bad boys" to be an elite team? Name one Patriot who questions Belichick's judgement to the media. Or name one player from any of the last 3 Super Bowl teams who did that with their coaches. Elite teams are marked by professionalism nowadays, not individualistic loudmouths.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some of Philbins inflexibility has given me reason to pause. Philbin must be allowed the right to learn to be a little more flexible during the game. The IDIOT, formerly known as dansby, I am the king of the world, no I am the best linebacker in the nfl, needs to shut up. He did not even know there were not in the game at the time Could you ever hear the great Zach Thomas saying such drivel, let alone not knowing who was on the field with him during the losing drive?
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Since when is Jared Odrick a great player who needs to be in the game at all times?
    Yea he is only ranked 67th as DE.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PBay Fin Fan View Post
    Yea he is only ranked 67th as DE.
    You're right .... guys like Derrick Shelby are ranked higher. Oh wait .....
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    I agree with your explanation. I can't see anything wrong with this move. These players were rotating to keep all of them fresh and I guess there were schemes and strategies based on game situation. That is not what lost us the game. Our special teams made mistakes, and we had turnovers again. Our offense is predictable and limited. Growing pains.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    I think it is safe to say the three men leadership council will be packing their bags
    It's possible. I agree with Dansby but odd to say it publicly. I know business though and it could be a sign that he would love to go somewhere else. I mean he already had a talk from Philbin on speaking out if I remember correctly and he is not an idiot, so he knows it is not the best thing to do. The next nine months will tell a lot about Philbin.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote