Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dansby on Philbin benching Odrick and Wake: "They have to be in the game. Period."

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    There's something else going on here. I'm not entirely sure I disagree with it, though.

Fact of the matter is Kevin Coyle is right. On the 8 plays at the end of the game the Patriots were running the ball I think 6 or 7 times with maybe a quick pass thrown in there. Wake wouldn't have been a factor. The miscues were not on Olivier Vernon or Derrick Shelby and Cam Wake wouldn't have factored into those 8 plays even if he was in there.

Jared Odrick is not a guy that has been playing to a level where anyone can just boldly declare that he needs "to be in the game. Period." That's straight up bull ****. Just like it was bull **** how pissed off Karlos Dansby was when Chad OchoCinco got cut. I support his right to speak out but I don't support his having stupid opinions.
    Dansby has consistently come across as a moron to me whenever he opens his mouth.
    #freespesh

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Philbin seems good so far, but he has done some questionable things for sure.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I haven't agreed with Dansby much over the last year or two, but i do here. Even if you are rotating guys in to keep fresh, that was a LONG drive that took many plays. Why didn't the coaches rotate Wake and Odrick back in the spell the guys who were obviously winded and getting pushed all over the field on the last series? If you are going to go down, you go down fighting with your best players. Screw the gameplan at that point.

I was a HUGE fan of Philbin's when he took the job but i'm beginning to question if he's a good fit. I just see a lot of questionable coaching decisions, personnel decisions, and lack of innovation and excitement from an offense that he was supposed to energize. We had a more exciting scheme when Sparano and Henning were here with Pennington.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    MIA#1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea and what happens when wake and odrick weren't on the field.. They ran the ball all over us.. Hmm? I agree with dansby it made a big difference in that drive
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not brought up in the article, but I saw McDaniel in for Soliai for most of that drive as well if I'm not mistaken (And I could be). I remember thinking Soliai must have been hurt, but then saw him on the field for plays towards our goal line. We held their running game in check all game, and that last drive was so frustrating to watch. More so now knowing we were resting our starters. Are we angling for a better draft pick?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I actually was listening to that interview at work today on IHeartRadio. First off I can't stand how Dansby talks. He says man, period, and you know what I'm saying...way too often. That being said, I wouldn't worry about what he was saying. You know what I'm saying? Man.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    More grandstanding from Philbin and his ego. Ugh...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not kinda, definitely.. absolutely.. completely agree with Dansby. Does Philbin take us for a bunch of a-holes! What good is resting players for the end of a game when your in the end of the game. Very bad decision on his part
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    kinda agree with dansby on this one.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is this a Fire Coach Philbin Thread? Oh boy! Lucky me I'm right on time...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    kinda agree with dansby on this one.

I do to and I can't stand the man.
    Quote Quote