Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dansby on Philbin benching Odrick and Wake: "They have to be in the game. Period."

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Fact of the matter is Kevin Coyle is right. On the 8 plays at the end of the game the Patriots were running the ball I think 6 or 7 times with maybe a quick pass thrown in there. Wake wouldn't have been a factor. The miscues were not on Olivier Vernon or Derrick Shelby and Cam Wake wouldn't have factored into those 8 plays even if he was in there.

Jared Odrick is not a guy that has been playing to a level where anyone can just boldly declare that he needs "to be in the game. Period." That's straight up bull ****. Just like it was bull **** how pissed off Karlos Dansby was when Chad OchoCinco got cut. I support his right to speak out but I don't support his having stupid opinions.
    Yeah, Wake or Odrick may not have made a difference on that drive, but how was Coyle supposed to know that when he sat them?? The Pats mostly ran it up the gut, but there's no way Coyle said ahead of time "oh, they're just going to run it up the middle, might as well rest my starting DE's". You're giving him way too much credit - yes, his decision to sit them may not have cost us, but that was plain dumb luck, and it sure doesn't make his decision right.

Furthermore, you have it totally backwards in your last sentence - I completely support Dansby's right to have stupid opinions, but what I don't support is his right to speak them in public, especially when they completely contradict his coaches' opinions. That's a surefire way to start a locker room and media firestorm - blasting your coaches' decisions. In fact, in this case, I actually agree with Dansby's viewpoint - we should have our best players out there at that critical time. But spouting off in public is not the way to deal with it - if you have a problem, deal with it behind closed doors, not in the media. That is, unless you think sharing your opinion is more important than the team.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These are the same people sitting Reggie Bush for Daniel Thomas. Hard to give them a pass on this one.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    After Miami gets bombed on Sunday, it will be a very interesting and crucial three weeks for Coach Philbin to finish strong and have good feelings going into the offseason.

I know, I know. I was stupid for saying that Joe could be losing the locker room. Maybe a better way of saying my point is Joe is losing credibility among the team.

It should be interesting. Mark it down: the Jags game will be a turning point, good or bad, for Coach Philbin.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    After Miami gets bombed on Sunday, it will be a very interesting and crucial three weeks for Coach Philbin to finish strong and have good feelings going into the offseason.

I know, I know. I was stupid for saying that Joe could be losing the locker room. Maybe a better way of saying my point is Joe is losing credibility among the team.

It should be interesting. Mark it down: the Jags game will be a turning point, good or bad, for Coach Philbin.
    Hey, maybe we could get Fisher after the obvious failed Philbin experiment....
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    Hey, maybe we could get Fisher after the obvious failed Philbin experiment....
    Too late...

btw, Jeff Fisher is 5-6-1 with limited talent, beat the team we are playing this week and the Rams a ton of picks going forward. Say what you want, Jeff Fisher has a good thing going in St. Louis.

Do I think Joe Philbin can be an effective coach...YES! However, he is in a very delicate time in his early part of his career. He must show to be a credible force within the locker room. He cannot be making silly decisions with some of the most respected and talented players on his team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Halo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Tannehill 17
    Too late...

btw, Jeff Fisher is 5-6-1 with limited talent, beat the team we are playing this week and the Rams a ton of picks going forward. Say what you want, Jeff Fisher has a good thing going in St. Louis.

Do I think Joe Philbin can be an effective coach...YES! However, he is in a very delicate time in his early part of his career. He must show to be a credible force within the locker room. He cannot be making silly decisions with some of the most respected and talented players on his team.
    nothing jef fisher has showed me where I would trade him for philben, and philben as well is working with limited talent. Philben also out coached fisher this year head to head.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Too late...

I forgot our team is sooo much more talented than theirs...wait!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    nothing jef fisher has showed me where I would trade him for philben, and philben as well is working with limited talent. Philben also out coached fisher this year head to head.
    It is a nonfactor to argue...

1) Jeff Fisher was never coming here. I never thought he would come. I loved the idea, but knew it was always about going to the Rams.
    2) Jeff Fisher has the world by the berries right now with his set up in St. Louis.
    3) Joe did out-coach him in a single game. I agree with you. With that said, is Mike Munchak a better coach than Joe Philbin because he kicked his ass that day?

The focus for us needs to be watching and observing how the best players on this roster are buying into what Joe is selling. I hope he succeeds, I really do, but the proof will be on the coming Sundays.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is a nonfactor to argue...

1) Jeff Fisher was never coming here. I never thought he would come. I loved the idea, but knew it was always about going to the Rams.
    2) Jeff Fisher has the world by the berries right now with his set up in St. Louis.
    3) Joe did out-coach him in a single game. I agree with you. With that said, is Mike Munchak a better coach than Joe Philbin because he kicked his ass that day?

The focus for us needs to be watching and observing how the best players on this roster are buying into what Joe is selling. I hope he succeeds, I really do, but the proof will be on the coming Sundays.
    Let it all out Fox you weren't fooling anyone with your false platitudes for Philbin.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    I forgot our team is sooo much more talented than theirs...wait!
    I am really going to argue about Jeff Fisher again...holy ****.

The NFC West is a better division as is the NFC...so his record is more impressive to me.

Folks, Jeff Fisher is considered a better coach than Joe Philbin at this point. Hopefully, in the coming years that script is flipped and Joe is considered the better HC, but please, not at this point.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

How many times in this thread have I said I want Joe Philbin to be an effective coach and be considered BETTER than Fisher.

Perhaps, you could do what I do and call **** as you see it.
    Quote Quote