Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dansby on Philbin benching Odrick and Wake: "They have to be in the game. Period."

1. -31
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sparano also had his way with Fisher this season. Rams could go 0-4 to the entire afce, that would be embarrassing.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Sparano also had his way with Fisher this season
    You jabbing me about Jeff Fisher is kind of funny. You should **** on me for wanting Brian Billick. That is who I wanted. For the record, I loved the idea of Fisher, but knew he was never coming. I also loved Mike McCoy, who I think will be a big time coach.

With all that past history out of the way, the focus MUST BE hoping and seeing our team improve and work hard in the final four games. I want a solid four games and have some good feelings heading into the offseason.

I certainly do NOT want things like leadership questions about Joe, poor QB play by Tannehill and daunting feeling of having a plethora of holes to fill in the offseason.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Halo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Tannehill 17
    jeff fisher vs the pats = circus and disgrace to football. Philben vs Pats = close game possible win if it wasn't for player individual mistakes. Jeff fisher is poor man Joe Philben

Trolling hayden since he takes everything serious
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    jeff fisher vs the pats = circus and disgrace to football. Philben vs Pats = close game possible win if it wasn't for player individual mistakes.
    Why are you making this thread about Jeff Fisher?

Be more concerned with the fact that our team is about to lose 5 or 6 and play a ****ty Jags team the following week with Chad Henne as the QB. This season that had a lot of hope and progress can turn ugly toward the end. It is the last thing we need. Let's look to finish with some momentum.

With that said, dumb decisions like sitting Wake and Odrick and even dumber defending it is certainly alarming.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I have to agree with Dansby. No way in hell do you bench your best defensive player on the final drive, why because he was tired? I was unaware that someone with the motor of Cam Wake ever gets tired. Do you really think that Cam Wake wouldn't have left everything on the field
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The pats are a much more balanced team this year than the last few. They have shown they are willing and able to protect leads by running out the clock rather than just trying to out score everybody. So at the end we knew they were going to try and run the ball. Since our offense wasn't moving the ball our defense had been on the field all day and was tired. So we tried to put run stoppers in and get them in 3rd and long and then bring in rested pass rushers. That really is sound logic. Now as it turned out things didn't go our way and we were never able to get them in 3rd and long. But come on this is the pats, their offense gets paid also. And they happen to be one of the best in the business at what they do.

There are so many things going on trying to think of ways, on the fly, to get them off the field. Personnel is just one part of that equation. Could we have had Odrick in there more and Wake, maybe but that is just such a small part of things. It certainly isn't like it was a lock to get them off the field if they HAD been in the game. I mean come on people, the bigger issue is that our offense lost this game not the defense. If someone would have said before the game that we would have put up only 16 pts and we would only lose by a TD I would have said you were crazy. Not having Wake in the game the last drive is not why we lost the game.

The bigger issue is that we have a MLB that can't keep his mouth shut. Maybe Philbin had something to do with the defensive personnel the last drive or maybe he didnt but the fact is he supported his DC. He stuck behind him in public to keep team unity. Maybe behind closed doors he told Coyle what we are all saying, that Wake HAD to be in there next time, but what he did in public was show he was not going to throw those around him under the bus.....a lesson that Dansby can't learn for the life of him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canandaigua,NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can see what CK is saying but when the GAME is on the line you put your best players in.Philbin(whom i do not support)better learn quick from his mistakes.

These guys make damn good moneyand when the games on the line you have your playmakers in.

Did anyone find it odd that DT wasnt bench for his fumble?
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Irrelevant. We didn't lose this game due to bad defense.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Joe Philbin is a rookie HC. He will make mistakes. He should not be fired or written off after his first year. However, those defending his every move and make out like he is Mike Tomlin or Tom Coughlin is also crazy talk.

He has a big finish in front of him. Getting to 7-9 would be an accomplishment and give great momentum to the year ahead.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Whether you agree with Dansby or not, he not should have said that. Period.
    Quote Quote