Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dansby on Philbin benching Odrick and Wake: "They have to be in the game. Period."

1. -41
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Philbin, but not on Pee Wee, high school, college or pro do you take your best players out at the end of the game with the game on the line.

This is not a computer game. This is not a game where the nerds know more than guys who have actually played the game. Counting plays? GTFOH with that logic.

Imagine taking A.J. Duhe and Offerdahl out of a game back in the day....unheard of.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I actually like what Philbin is doing, get the young pups some great experience in crunch time, this team with Odrick and Wake in the game aren't going anywhere this year so I say get all the youngsters in there. I wish they would let Miller and Egnew play too but I don't think they can justify getting them more playing time because they aren't even close to being as good as the people in front of them. Excellent strategy, this year is a talent evaluation year. See what we got, and prepare for the off season. If we win some games getting young guys experience, great if not thats fine too, solidifies a high draft pick.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I get it we needed Wake and Odrick in when the Pats were taking a knee. Thats when the speed rusher is most effective. I have heard some dumb **** in my life time but insulting die hard football fans who have followed this team more than 20 years is pure bull****. We were being kicked in the balls on every play on the last drive and we have the best player at his position on the team resting.

WHAT WOULD VONTAE SAY TO THAT??????

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    The pats are a much more balanced team this year than the last few. They have shown they are willing and able to protect leads by running out the clock rather than just trying to out score everybody. So at the end we knew they were going to try and run the ball. Since our offense wasn't moving the ball our defense had been on the field all day and was tired. So we tried to put run stoppers in and get them in 3rd and long and then bring in rested pass rushers. That really is sound logic. Now as it turned out things didn't go our way and we were never able to get them in 3rd and long. But come on this is the pats, their offense gets paid also. And they happen to be one of the best in the business at what they do.
    This makes perfect sense.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Joe Philbin is a rookie HC. He will make mistakes. He should not be fired or written off after his first year. However, those defending his every move and make out like he is Mike Tomlin or Tom Coughlin is also crazy talk.

Those guys are good coaches but they aren't going down as the all time greats or anything. What separates them form a lot of other coaches is they both have super bowl mvp's playing QB. Coughlin has to win a SB every few years just to have a little job security. And those teams are both loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and they still lose games they shouldn't.

I actually see a lot of Tom Coughlin in Philbin.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Philbin did us a favor. One more loss and we jump up 10 draft spots.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    I like Philbin, but not on Pee Wee, high school, college or pro do you take your best players out at the end of the game with the game on the line.

This is not a computer game. This is not a game where the nerds know more than guys who have actually played the game. Counting plays? GTFOH with that logic.

Imagine taking A.J. Duhe and Offerdahl out of a game back in the day....unheard of.
    Thats the exact same thing The Meatball used to do; count f*****g plays! See the problem is that alot of people directly involved with the NFL, coaches, players, front office, etc... think that fans are dumb.

Not to mention I saw a stat that for a DE, Wake is very good at stopping the run.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Since when is Jared Odrick a great player who needs to be in the game at all times?
    Oh no, we suck again!
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    There's something else going on here. I'm not entirely sure I disagree with it, though.

Fact of the matter is Kevin Coyle is right. On the 8 plays at the end of the game the Patriots were running the ball I think 6 or 7 times with maybe a quick pass thrown in there. Wake wouldn't have been a factor. The miscues were not on Olivier Vernon or Derrick Shelby and Cam Wake wouldn't have factored into those 8 plays even if he was in there.

Jared Odrick is not a guy that has been playing to a level where anyone can just boldly declare that he needs "to be in the game. Period." That's straight up bull ****. Just like it was bull **** how pissed off Karlos Dansby was when Chad OchoCinco got cut. I support his right to speak out but I don't support his having stupid opinions.
    Verbatim
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I think it is safe to say the three men leadership council will be packing their bags
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote