Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WatlerFootball 3 Round Mock Draft

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

WatlerFootball 3 Round Mock Draft

I know all of people here don't like WalterFootball mocks but i really liked this one as i felt we filled most of our main needs except for OT but alas there were some players i have never heard of since i don't get to watch much College Football so i was hoping someone could give their opinion of this draft.

1st
    14 Pick
    Miami Dolphins: Keenan Allen, WR, California
    The Dolphins need a true No. 1 receiver for Ryan Tannehill to work with. Head coach Joe Philbin has done a superb job with Miami this season, and could be saving general manager Jeff Ireland from the chopping block.

The 6-foot-3, 205-pound Allen looks like he could have the talent to be a big-time receiver. Allen caught 46 passes for 490 yards and five touchdowns as a freshman in 2010. He put together a huge 2011 season, racking up 98 receptions for 1,343 yards and six scores. To go along with ideal size, Allen has the speed to make big plays downfield.

The junior totaled 61 receptions for 737 yards and six touchdowns in 2012. He has also returned a punt 69 yards for a touchdown. Weak quarterback play from his brother, Zach Maynard, hurt his opportunities.

Allen looks like the complete package as a receiver. He uses his size and strength to run routes in the short to intermediate part of the field, but has no hesitation running crossing routes and is very adept at picking up yards after the catch. Allen is an aggressive play-maker who attacks the football in the air. He is sure-handed and already well-developed.

Not only does Allen have the speed to run downfield, but he beat defenses over the top, too. Allen has a second gear and the explosion to break off big gains. He is faster than many defensive backs expect and is physical with defenders.

Allen looks like a great fit for an NFL West Coast offense. He could be an X (split end) or Z (flanker) receiver who works in all levels of the defense.

2nd
    47 Pick
    Miami Dolphins: Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
    The Dolphins could use more help at corner after trading away Vontae Davis.

The Scarlet Knights corner has been the best player on the team's defense and a big part of their success this season. He had a clutch interception against Cincinnati in Rutgers' 10-3 victory.

Ryan has been a very good cover corner this season. He has had tight coverage and excellent ball skills to prevent completions. Ryan has four interceptions, 14 passes broken up, 77 tackles and four tackles for a loss. He is tied for third in the nation with 18 total passes broken up.

The 6-foot, 190-pounder has the combination of size and speed that many teams look for in a man-cover corner. If Ryan declares for the 2013 NFL Draft, he probably will be, at worst, a second-day pick. Many years there have been cornerbacks who have a late rise into first-round consideration, and the junior is a candidate to continue the trend.

Ryan had 67 tackles with 14 passes defended, three interceptions and two forced fumbles in 2011.

2nd
    54 Pick

Miami Dolphins: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    Miami could use an upgrade at tight end. Ertz would be a great fit in the Dolphins' offense and a safe receiver for Ryan Tannehill.

Ertz (6-6, 252) is having a strong senior season, leading the Cardinal with 63 receptions for 818 yards and six touchdowns. His production would be better if he had more consistency from his quarterbacks. Ertz has improved his blocking this season and is becoming a well-rounded tight end. He backed up Coby Fleener in 2011, but still hauled in 27 receptions for 346 yards and four touchdowns.

3rd
    78 Pick

Miami Dolphins: John Simon, DE, Ohio State
    The Dolphins could use pass-rushing depth. Between Cameron Wake and the young defensive ends, Miami would have a nice rotation.

Simon (6-2, 263) looked good this season and has a lot more pressure on the quarterback than even his numbers indicate. He totaled 44 tackles, 14.5 tackles for a loss, nine sacks, one forced fumble and four passes break-ups in 2012.

Simon was quiet in the early going in 2011, but the junior came alive down the stretch. He had 53 tackles with 16 tackles for a loss, seven sacks and three passes broken up for the year. Simon had 41 tackles with 8.5 tackles for a loss and three sacks as a sophomore.

The senior is a strong player who has a great motor. While Simon is not a speed-rusher off the end, he is a good run-defender. Simon is short on athletic ability and speed, but he a fighter who is very physical with offensive linemen.

3rd
    90 Pick

Miami Dolphins: Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
    The Dolphins need more than one receiver. Swope was Ryan Tannehill's top receiver at Texas A&M, and Mike Sherman already has seen that Swope fits his offense well.

Swope was excellent in 2011 as Ryan Tannehill's No. 1 receiver, catching 89 passes for 1,207 yards and 11 touchdowns. Swope is very fast with the speed to create long touchdown catches. He caught 72 passes for 825 yards and four touchdowns in 2010.

Swope has had a disappointing start to his senior year, but he's heated up down the stretch. Swope really played well against LSU, Auburn, Mississippi State and Alabama. He's totaled 64 receptions for 809 yards and seven touchdowns this season.

The 6-foot-1, 206-pounder is a gritty player with underrated speed.

Link:http://walterfootball.com/draft2013charlie_3.php
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be down with that class.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Big Play Clay

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can't say I'd be angry with those picks.

I'm not entirely sure Allen would be worth the (most likely) 10th/11th overall pick but I could live with it. TedSlimm isn't too high on Logan Ryan and I think I'll defer to his judgement on that, but I can't disagree that it's a strong possibility we take him there.

Honestly, I think Swope gets taken at the top of the third round, I'm not so sure he makes it to our second third-rounder. He'd be very effective in our system though, so we can only hope

Pick up an LB, OG, another CB and I'll be content (assuming we add an RT and another DE in free agency; can't have too many edge-rushers).

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One can only wish it plays out just this way!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeMcAwful View Post
    Can't say I'd be angry with those picks.

I'm not entirely sure Allen would be worth the (most likely) 10th/11th overall pick but I could live with it. TedSlimm isn't too high on Logan Ryan and I think I'll defer to his judgement on that, but I can't disagree that it's a strong possibility we take him there.

Honestly, I think Swope gets taken at the top of the third round, I'm not so sure he makes it to our second third-rounder. He'd be very effective in our system though, so we can only hope

Pick up an LB, OG, another CB and I'll be content (assuming we add an RT and another DE in free agency; can't have too many edge-rushers).
    Yeah like i said i wasn't sure on some of the players since i hadn't ever seen any of them play before (Ryan,Ertz and Simon) but i liked the idea of drafting a Man Cover Corner with our first 2nd round pick if we don't get one with our 1st round pick. and i would be totally fine if he's their drafting Swope with our first 3rd round Pick and not waiting to get him, I think he's going to be a very good Receiver. and i just realised that i accidently put Watler instead of Walter
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes I love this mock as well but check out the mock since it has been updated. The new mock is atrocious.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    all depends on allen's knee...yatil green has me nervous on receivers with knee history...

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    That would be a good one.............
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks like he's updated it this morning:

1. Lewan OT - Mich
    2a. Patterson WR - Tenn
    2b. Floyd DT - Florida
    3a. Logan Ryan CB - Rut
    3b Gerald Hodges LB - Penn St

Being a bit of a Gators homer I like Floyd a lot, if we get him there is would be great value. Matt Elam, Jordan Reed and Mike Gillislee would be great pick ups too and could fill needs for us but I guess we can't pick all gators
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    Looks like he's updated it this morning:

1. Lewan OT - Mich
    2a. Patterson WR - Tenn
    2b. Floyd DT - Florida
    3a. Logan Ryan CB - Rut
    3b Gerald Hodges LB - Penn St

Being a bit of a Gators homer I like Floyd a lot, if we get him there is would be great value. Matt Elam, Jordan Reed and Mike Gillislee would be great pick ups too and could fill needs for us but I guess we can't pick all gators
    I don't think Lewan is even as athletic as Long. I hate this mock.
    Quote Quote