Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Mando: Jake Long done for the year, what now? good article

  1. -11
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    24,930
    vCash:
    2225
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    Out with Long...won't be missed. He's officially a bust...I was over it when Miami passed on...for Jake Long. But now....ah hell I just come out and say it. Miami could of had Matt Ryan.
    No... Long isn't a bust. Not by any defination. He is however overrated (at least this year) and not worth the money when you factor in the injuries.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    gdiaz0358's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    1,246
    vCash:
    2049
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we can have him back for cheap you have to bring him back, even if he moves to RT. We dont need to create more holes for this team to fill, and eventhough finding a RT is easier than a LT, its still not that easy. Long is a leader and deserves to be given a shot to redeem himself, after all he has been our best player since the "trifecta era". If we can sign him to a long term CHEAP deal then I say we cant pass up on that, because he is still better then 80% of all of the other players available in FA/draft. I dont see us drafting a LT in the top 3 rds as we have too many other holes. So unless we get lucky and have a great RT/LT fall into our laps in the later rounds then we will be screwed!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    24,930
    vCash:
    2225
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by OyeDale305 View Post
    its easy to replace a RT.. FA or draft.. will see how Martin does against the 49ers and the rest of the season
    exactly. its easy to replace one if your head coach isn't sparano.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    flynryan15's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    12,203
    vCash:
    4228
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I hate to break it to you but all of are linemen are going to get clowned by A. Smith! Yes that includes a healthy Jake Long if he couldn't keep up with Merriman he most certainly won't keep up with Smith
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    DANTODUPER's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    518
    vCash:
    1611
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    No... Long isn't a bust. Not by any defination. He is however overrated (at least this year) and not worth the money when you factor in the injuries.
    Agree!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    DANTODUPER's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    518
    vCash:
    1611
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gdiaz0358 View Post
    If we can have him back for cheap you have to bring him back, even if he moves to RT. We dont need to create more holes for this team to fill, and eventhough finding a RT is easier than a LT, its still not that easy. Long is a leader and deserves to be given a shot to redeem himself, after all he has been our best player since the "trifecta era". If we can sign him to a long term CHEAP deal then I say we cant pass up on that, because he is still better then 80% of all of the other players available in FA/draft. I dont see us drafting a LT in the top 3 rds as we have too many other holes. So unless we get lucky and have a great RT/LT fall into our laps in the later rounds then we will be screwed!
    I remember that when we drafted Jake Long experts were saying he could be a HOF RT, however because we drafted him #1 overall we forced him to play as a LT. Martin was viewed as an excellent LT as a rookie. So; maybe if we could keep Long for top RT money (not LT money), then we could have a surprise if we play Martin at LT and Long at RT next year, now lets find some athletic guards.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Geordie's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,047
    vCash:
    2134
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we could get him for 5-6 years at 6million, it's a no brainer for me, assuming Martin doesn't shine in his absence, Mando is absolutely right Martin is a key player in this.
    I just don't think 6 mill happens though, there will be a team out there willing to pay him in the 8 million or more range.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    LANGER72's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    8,192
    vCash:
    23361
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another sad draft story for the Miami Dolphins. We can screw up the #1 pick. It doesn't get any worse than that.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    24,930
    vCash:
    2225
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Another sad draft story for the Miami Dolphins. We can screw up the #1 pick. It doesn't get any worse than that.
    well, I dont' think he had an injury history in college, so yeah we screwed up because we drafted a player who was in line to make five pro bowls in a row. Guess that's screwing up royally. If only we could've drafted a ryan leaf. or a heath shular. Or a tim couch. which honesty Matty ice could've been had sparano, henning had him.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    LANGER72's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    8,192
    vCash:
    23361
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    well, I dont' think he had an injury history in college, so yeah we screwed up because we drafted a player who was in line to make five pro bowls in a row. Guess that's screwing up royally. If only we could've drafted a ryan leaf. or a heath shular. Or a tim couch. which honesty Matty ice could've been had sparano, henning had him.
    I see your point. Lucky for Matt Ryan we passed on him. Long is a great player, but dam, we just can't get seem to get anything right.
    The next step is for Jake to get cut, or walk, and we get nothing for the number 1 pick 4 years ago. That is how we roll.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Jake Long article-nfl.com
    By PhinMagic in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
  2. Mando- So where is Jake Long's contract extension, good read.
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 12:17 AM
  3. Good Jake Long Article That Will tick People Off
    By Rhody Phins Fan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 10:12 AM
  4. Good article on Jake Long's approach to his rookie season
    By MiamiDolfan85 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •