Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If we DUMP Jake Long...

1. -11
    MIA#1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Omg no more 1st round o-line or d-lineman waste.. get what you really need a CB and Wr.. if we do dumb long then move martin to LT and try drafting a decent RT in the mid round
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Should we spend another first round pick on a left tackle?

Luke Joeckel would be the ideal selection as he's a Texas A&M product, but he'll likely be off the board by the time we pick in the middle of the draft...again.

How about Taylor Lewan? He would be a suitable replacement. Plus, he's a Michigan man.

Stephen Ross would surely love that.

Is this a real possibility?
    Real possibility? Yes, so long as Ireland is general manager.

Should we do it? God no.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Contrary to what many believe on this board, finding a good RT ain't easy.
    not as hard as finding players in skill positions where ireland blows at. We need to bring in a WR vet to help out tannehill and not put some rookie to be pressured as a number 1 and the only rookie WR I see will have immediate impact is keenan allen and I'm not even sure he will fall to us. We also need to draft defensive players to fill the holes in the secondary and pass rush. We have players like wallace/jennings/bowe/cooker we can't just ignore them for an injury proned and over paid left tackle.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Even if it isn't, it is less of a liability than having a crappy LT when you have a righty at QB.
    2 things - first, we don't have a crappy LT, we have an overpaid LT. Second, you are assuming Martin will play well when he moves to LT, after he has already not played well at RT (which is an easier position to fill according to your statement)
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He does. Joe Long from Wayne State. He will be in the upcoming draft.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    We need to bring in a WR vet to help out tannehill and not put some rookie to be pressured as a number 1 and the only rookie WR I see will have immediate impact is keenan allen and I'm not even sure he will fall to us. We also need to draft defensive players to fill the holes in the secondary and pass rush. We have players like wallace/jennings/bowe/cooker we can't just ignore them for an injury proned and over paid left tackle.
    Of course need those things, that's why I advocate re-signing Long so we don't have to waste a pick on an OT. People want to draft an OT to replace Long, but then want to complain that we aren't spending enough picks on skill positions
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2 things - first, we don't have a crappy LT, we have an overpaid LT. Second, you are assuming Martin will play well when he moves to LT, after he has already not played well at RT (which is an easier position to fill according to your statement)
    He has played decent in RT and you do realize martin's natural position in LT right which is what he is meant for.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. I wasn't talking about Long. I was talking about if Long leaves. Having a serviceable replacement (Martin) would be better than trying to replace Long at LT with an unproven.
    2. Martin's natural position is LT. We will see how he performs in the last month. If he performs adequately, we can be more comfortable moving on without Long.

It would be ideal to keep Long, but not at a high price tag with his injury history. He has been injured in some capacity for the past 3 years. We can't risk spending a large portion of our cap space on a guy with that kind of history whose play has recently tapered off.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    He has played decent in RT and you do realize martin's natural position in LT right which is what he is meant for.
    He hasnt played decent. He's been tagged for 30 QB hurries. That's unacceptable imo. He will go up against better rushers at LT. I don't care what his "natural" position is, because he's getting beat by power, not technique.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Of course need those things, that's why I advocate re-signing Long so we don't have to waste a pick on an OT. People want to draft an OT to replace Long, but then want to complain that we aren't spending enough picks on skill positions
    I rather not sign long and get a proven WR in FA that wil actually have an impact day 1 and help tannehill than hoping for a rookie to be a number 1 WR. I rather draft a RT than overpay for LT that's injury proned. We find replacements for a RT in FA with the money we don't py him anyway and stil be able to use our picks in the draft on skill positions but we need to bring in vets because rookies won't take this team stuck in mediocrity anywhere and hoping for ireland to actually hit on skill position players is a reach.
    Quote Quote