Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Tannehill really overthrow Hartline?

1. -41
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Did Tannehill really overthrow Hartline?

If it hits your hands you shoulda caught it...I learned that when I was 8 and started playin baseball
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People think criticizing tannehill on a message board will break him or ruin his confidence or something. People are just pointing out where he needs to get better. No one should be labeling tannehill a bust or a franchise qb after 11 games. Not sure why people sweep everything under the rug when it comes to tannehill. He's accountable too. You give him credit for the Seattle and St. Louis game then criticize for the buffalo and New England games.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am stunned. What's next, are we going to post up that last deep pass that Tannehill threw to Hartline, when Hartline was WIDE OPEN, and Hartline had to make a shoestring catch just to keep the ball inbounds? Is that somehow his fault? Is it somehow NOT on Tannehill that he threw the ball so poorly that it sailed 7-8 yards to the side, nearly going out of bounds, only being saved due to an amazing sideline grab by Hartline, #3 on the day?

Seriously? Wisen up people. Stop thinking a criticism on Tannehill will have any affect on him one way or another. call it like it is. Stop being so combative and extreme in an opinion that is based on everything but facts and evidence.

Tannehill had SEVERAL throws deep that was simply poor mechanics. He had a floater deep that was the ugliest and flattest pass I had ever seen, with zero arch. Is that saying he's a bad QB? No, it's saying he will learn how to reset quicker. He will learn how to adjust his release point when facing a pass rush in his 1-2-3 lanes. He will learn these things.

But don't displace the blame on other players because he's a rookie. That's stupid.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After you think about it, it does make sense. I mean the ball did hit Hartline's fingertip and common sense tells us that you will run faster with your body straight and forward than you would if your head is turned around. When you turn your head while running, your shoulders will then slighty turn as well, which would absolutely affect your stride and slow you down. Im not blaming Hartline and ultimately I still fault Tannehill, but this does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    On that big bomb during the 1st Quarter, did Tannehill really overthrow Hartline? I heard James McKnight on the post-game show mention that Hartline was looking back for the ball for too long and that slowed him down enough to miss the ball. So I just went back and watched the play on NFL.com Game Rewind, and you can see that Hartline starts looking back for the ball at the 22 yard line and doesn't stop looking back until the ball touches his hands at the 8 yard line. That is 14 yards that the WR was running while looking backward. Would that have slowed him down enough to miss the reception? How much speed would he have gained if he kept running straight ahead for those 14 yards instead of looking back as well?

I can't record the play, but it occurs at the 5:30 mark in the 1st Quarter.

Found it:
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also I think you guys need to watch some more deep plays. What Hartline does is pretty textbook. He looked back the moment he had his clear separation. The throw was late just as much as it was overthrown. Hartline looked up immediately, as he was trying to track the ball the moment he had the chance to catch it. Sadly, it was not out of Tannehill's hands by then and took a while to get there.

"Don't take your eye off the ball" mean anything to anyone? Would you rather he see the ball being thrown, decide "okay I better look forward for 2.8 seconds THEN track the ball again" and then completely miss the pass? No. You give your receiver a legitimate shot.

Tanny will get better but let's be real.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Slow receivers... I don't know about you guys but when I played coaches always said if it hits your hands you have to catch it...

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phin-o-rama View Post
    If it hits your hands you shoulda caught it...I learned that when I was 8 and started playin baseball
    Opps... yea what he said.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've seen him make this very same throw before so I really don't see what the problem is. You hit some, you miss some. He missed it. Sh** happens. Brady missed two of them. We can't use one or two missed throws as evidence that he's the guy or not. The bigger issue is how the WR's react when they don't connect on those TD plays. It's as if they feel that it will be their only shot at a big play. I know thats how I feel. Good teams don't overreact to missed plays because they feel like they'll have several opportunites to make more. We don't have that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Since both QBs had deep over throws, could the wind have had anything to do with it?? Was it even windy??

Very windy. I'm surprised the throw was as close as it was. The planned halftime show was cancelled due to wind.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Also I think you guys need to watch some more deep plays. What Hartline does is pretty textbook. He looked back the moment he had his clear separation. The throw was late just as much as it was overthrown. Hartline looked up immediately, as he was trying to track the ball the moment he had the chance to catch it. Sadly, it was not out of Tannehill's hands by then and took a while to get there.

"Don't take your eye off the ball" mean anything to anyone? Would you rather he see the ball being thrown, decide "okay I better look forward for 2.8 seconds THEN track the ball again" and then completely miss the pass? No. You give your receiver a legitimate shot.

Tanny will get better but let's be real.
    Theres no need tp get real.You are the one over anallizing a pass missed by a few inches siding with the "it was a bad pass move on" folks.You'd be better served finding the pass that someone said was off by several yards that Hartline had to adjust to.But the fact is we are talking about this particular pass.which was a decent pass overthrown by a few inches it was not a bad pass at all.Hartline is probably the last read on that route,if it's gonna be off it needs to be overthrown so no other defender can catch it.It was very early in the game when QB's are just gettiing in their grove.There are way to many variables for you or I to say it was Tanny late / Harline long look / the wind .But to make this out to be a horrible - bad pass when it was missed by inches is plain non sense.

The fact that someone at least put up Brady's missed pass I dont care if Brady had to juke a defender, Brady's pass was off by 5 yards.That was a Bad pass.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The ball was overthrown. Geez. It happens to all QBs. Hartline had to look back and locate the ball, like all receivers do. There was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about the length of time he was looking to, and trying to get under, the ball. It's pointless to make an excuse for something like this. It was an overthrow. **** happens. I'm betting Tannehill makes that throw 80% of the time but this was one of the other 20%.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote