Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Tannehill really overthrow Hartline?

1. -21
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phindog View Post
    I guess Brian wasnt looking back as long as it seamed.....but Brady's pass was over thrown by a mile.....Brady is the QB that should be cut immediately.
    If you look at the replay, you can see that Hartline starts looking back on the 23 yard line and doesn't stop looking until he grabs for the ball at about the 4 yard line. He was running while looking backward for almost 20 yards...
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Someone did bring up a good point though that maybe Hartline expected the ball to be thrown to around the 20 yard line but it was thrown much further. Even so, Hartline should have recognized where the ball was at, whipped his head back around, and kept running full speed in order to catch up with it. He definitely lost a couple steps by looking back so long, imo.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Since both QBs had deep over throws, could the wind have had anything to do with it?? Was it even windy??
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The interesting take on the 'Hartline looked back too early' concept, is that if the ball would've been slightly underthrown and Hartline waited until, like, the 10 yard line to look back, then the ball probably falls behind him. It just wasn't a connection. If deep balls were that easy then teams would've been putting up 3-digit scores on the board with regularity.

On the Brady overthrow, let's not forget that Brady made a Marino-esque dodge of a defensive player before throwing it. Tanny was a lot more set to throw.
    I also can't remember the underthrow play with Hartline. That one was probably more odious than the overthrow. Tanny was putrid in that Buffalo game, so his accuracy, overall, has to be considered a question mark at this point.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BILLINGS, MONTANA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That ball was clearly overthrown look closely at the release of Tannehill's throw. Bri is expecting it to be around the 10 yard line but it falls at the 1. Bri made a hell of an attempt to catch it. But, couldn't catch up. That play is called a 30 go route. When he turned he was expecting to be in the air there but, it was over his head so he had to try to catch up. I watched it over and over and this is an overthrow. Good phukin try though. Tanny has balls he is not afaid to make that throw.

GO DOLPHINS!!

2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brady over threw edelman deep on a would be easy td n he threw an interception on tight coverage that was under thrown. Moral to the story, **** happens to the best of them. Hartline should of caught under thrown ball n hartline slowed down n took bad angle to first ball. **** happens
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It would have still taken a fantastic catch for it to be caught.. but he didnt overthrow him by as much as it initally looked like.. but it was still clearly an overthrown ball.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    It was a bad throw. Move on.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I felt this way when I watched it. I do believe Hartline slowed down a bit. I think his first guess as to where the ball would end up was incorrect, and he quickly realized it. It was just too late. We are talking fractions of a second here. That's all it takes to miss this pass (as it turned out). Whether it is Tannehill's or Hartline's fault, it was an extremely small mistake that cost them a big play. It really isn't worth worrying about. These things happen, regardless of who was at fault. The important thing is that they move on and avoid worrying about it as much as the fans will.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    MostHated

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While Hartline is fast he also does not seem to have that instinctual "ball in the air" speed you see with a lot of top wr's. Not that he is as fast as desean Jackson but Jackson being a prime example, he looks covered but on a deep ball when the ball is in the air he hits a second gear that corners can't keep up with. I attribute this same theory to why hartline always seems to dive for balls that look like he should be able to catch in stride and gain some YAC.

Who knows just a theory I have

ball was a little overthrown big deal that's not the reason we lost move on.
    Quote Quote