Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 93

Thread: Did Tannehill really overthrow Hartline?

  1. -81
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    35
    vCash:
    1095
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He definitely over threw him. Hartline looks back, but never stops running.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    Phindog's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    3,058
    vCash:
    1808
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defeKt View Post
    He definitely over threw him. Hartline looks back, but never stops running.
    Thank god you showed up with this important info
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    phinasota's Avatar
    Bleed Aqua

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    1,075
    vCash:
    3696
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Forget all the talk before this... D@MN hartline had him beat

    We ll the finz were up, but then they let me down... again
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    Dick Pepperwood's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,135
    vCash:
    4304
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OyeDale305 View Post
    Want to see tom brady over thrown video?? okay bro its like tannehill has to make every single throw.. most his throws are all in tight windows i wonder how he even gets his completions
    Dude! Brady Wins Super Bowls! He could Throw 10 INTS a Game the rest of his career and he is still headed to the Hall of Fame. He is a Stud. Cannot compare him to Ryan. Ryan has not done anything to be put in the same conversation. You can compare Tannehill to the other Rookies in his Class, Minus the Super Rookies of RG3, Luck, and Wilson. Tannehill is not even in the Conversation with those Guys. So far he is Average. His Girl is Hot though.

    Did Tannehill really overthrow Hartline? YES.

    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    mialuv13's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,453
    vCash:
    2679
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Simple fact. Tannehill has to know that Hartline isn't a burner and can't catch up to a ball that is overthrown so he has to be on the money if he decides to hit Hartline deep. Give Tannehill Mike Wallace and he catches that overthrown ball 9 times out of 10. Tannehill has no margin for error with what he has and he has not shown that he is accurate enough to make it work consistently. Brady, Brees, the Mannings, and Rodgers make it work with any receiver they're given (hell they recycle receivers on those teams), but Tannehill doesn't have that ability yet or at the least he doesn't show consistency with his abilities yet. Hopefully he develops it.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,122
    vCash:
    2610
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    VERY first and foremost - that was me so you just gave me credit while simultaneously attempting to discredit me.

    And all due respect to CKParrot but in my experience, he's wrong. Hartline is typically your second read on that pass, and it was clear that he was getting past that safety when you watch the All 22. I didn't like the hitch, I think it showed hesitation.

    Nowhere, Phindog, did I say it was a terrible throw. People in this forum need to stop taking the extreme opposition of people who disagree with them. It's debate 101. Just because I said it was Tannehill's fault does not mean that I said it was an awful egregious throw. The egregious throw was the pass that I already brought up, the one you seem to think I should "go find". All I said was that it was not a result of Hartline "looking back at the ball for too long". That is straight up hog wash.

    His overthrow of Hartline in the endzone was equally as bad. His release point was way too high, and he simply let the ball go too soon. That happens, he had a hand in his face.

    The severe underthrow I honestly haven't looked back at, nor do I remember well enough to comment on.

    Also, CK, your examples are great, and it's an incredibly thorough and well thought out argument, but you're attempting to compare apples and oranges in my opinion. We run a west coast variant, with a very X receiver heavy press set. Notice how Tannehill checks his Z first (or so he appears to) before looking up top and seeing Hartline get the move. I'm convinced that Hartline is his 2nd read for that reason alone. Hartline will never be the first read there because you simply can't use it as your first read. It's a developing play, not a twitch play.

    At this point Im parroting some of the things I picked up on listening in on meetings but hey what are you gonna do.
    This I don't understand. You say that Brian Hartline was Ryan Tannehill's second read on the play (which I'm not doubting you), and that makes it LESS understandable for him to take a hitch step to gather himself, read the defense after a play-fake and launch a ball at maximum functional range?

    I'd love to get some coaches in on this one. First off when you're having a guy launch a ball 50-55 yards through the air I think you generally want him to have a hitch step anyway for him to gather himself and be able to throw it with the proper arm strength. Second if Hartline was indeed the SECOND read on the play that makes it even more strange to be asking him to launch that football right off his back foot when he'd only JUST got his head around.

    I think you're asking him to do what no other quarterback in the national football league is expected to do. That's my opinion.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    5,318
    vCash:
    14570
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Seriously? Wisen up people. Stop thinking a criticism on Tannehill will have any affect on him one way or another. call it like it is. Stop being so combative and extreme in an opinion that is based on everything but facts and evidence.

    Tannehill had SEVERAL throws deep that was simply poor mechanics. He had a floater deep that was the ugliest and flattest pass I had ever seen, with zero arch. Is that saying he's a bad QB? No, it's saying he will learn how to reset quicker. He will learn how to adjust his release point when facing a pass rush in his 1-2-3 lanes. He will learn these things.

    But don't displace the blame on other players because he's a rookie. That's stupid.
    Ugliest pass you've ever seen? Thats a little over dramatic, yes?

    Thats the problem right there, there is no middle ground in the criticism. He's a Dan Marino clone one week the next week he could only dream to be as good as Pat White.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    kcbrown's Avatar
    Life is what we make it.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    2,742
    vCash:
    2499
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjizzim View Post
    I've seen him make this very same throw before so I really don't see what the problem is. You hit some, you miss some. He missed it. Sh** happens. Brady missed two of them. We can't use one or two missed throws as evidence that he's the guy or not. The bigger issue is how the WR's react when they don't connect on those TD plays. It's as if they feel that it will be their only shot at a big play. I know thats how I feel. Good teams don't overreact to missed plays because they feel like they'll have several opportunites to make more. We don't have that.
    Exactly. Unfortunately, we are not, and have not been a good team for a while (please don't mention 2008 - that was an 1 good year out of many bad ones), therefore, when our new QB doesn't hit on a long throw for 7 against the Pats (who we all hate), then it's a big friggin deal on this board. I understand your pain fellow Fin fans, but no QB hits them all. Give the man Bowe or Wallace (doubt he comes here), plus Swope, Hartline, Bess, & Eifert....then let's see what he can do. Bottom line though: until this team can score 3 or more td's a game we will be 7-9 or 8-8 year after year.

    Go Fins!

    (P.S. - Every time I see Matthews get a ball thrown to him he makes a play. I would love to see him get some serious run as we close out the season. Time to take the training wheels off.)
















    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    enigmatics's Avatar
    Go get me a juice box!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    6,093
    vCash:
    4556
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    Is this a serious thread?

    Come on now... you have VIDEO evidence that he clearly overthrew him.

    The lengths people will go to to not criticize the QB here is astounding.
    Yup, the defense team is out in full throttle. Tanny can do no wrong!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    mialuv13's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,453
    vCash:
    2679
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Exactly. Unfortunately, we are not, and have not been a good team for a while (please don't mention 2008 - that was an 1 good year out of many bad ones), therefore, when our new QB doesn't hit on a long throw for 7 against the Pats (who we all hate), then it's a big friggin deal on this board. I understand your pain fellow Fin fans, but no QB hits them all. Give the man Bowe or Wallace (doubt he comes here), plus Swope, Hartline, Bess, & Eifert....then let's see what he can do. Bottom line though: until this team can score 3 or more td's a game we will be 7-9 or 8-8 year after year.



    (P.S. - Every time I see Matthews get a ball thrown to him he makes a play. I would love to see him get some serious run as we close out the season. Time to take the training wheels off.)
    True ****ing that.

    A huge problem is that this team (and the teams in the past 10 years) creates such a small amount of opportunities each game that one missed opportunity does us in. We have no dynamic players and Tannehill doesn't break open any games with the players we currently have.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Tannehill + Hartline is going to be ridiculously good...
    By Dan9794 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 12:31 PM
  2. Tannehill + Hartline =
    By Chubby in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 01:48 AM
  3. Hartline was good Tannehill managed.....
    By flip in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM
  4. Tannehill's bomb to Hartline in the 4th quarter
    By SQuinn17 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 10:58 AM
  5. Can someone inform me of Henne's overthrow to Hartline???
    By mandal24 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 08:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •