Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013 free agent cornerbacks, who shoud we target?

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: 2013 free agent cornerbacks, who shoud we target?

We need to sign a FA WR or a FA CB. I say we pick up a CB in free agency and leave WR to the draft. We cant get the value we need at both positions without picking up one in FA. What we do will determine what we draft, but personally I think we can get a better value at CB in free agency than WR, the we can draft a WR in the 1st / 2nd and 3rd/ 4th.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keep your eyes on our own R.J. Stanford the rest of the season.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    brent grimes is far and away the best FA corner available. problem is he tore his achilles tendon in the first game of the season. so we would be taking a huge game on him if we chose to sign him
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keenan Lewis can play, and is currently considered the Steelers 2CB. I think he can test free agency for 1CB money, which'll lead him out of Pittsburgh. I'd support this for the phins.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    I don't think we should be getting our hopes up for free agency, it's not a priority with this regime
    I keep reading that...

It's not the priority of most regimes. Doesn't mean you don't utilize it, particularly for depth.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I keep reading that...

It's not the priority of most regimes. Doesn't mean you don't utilize it, particularly for depth.
    I think that's what they tried to do this year, although Ireland did a terrible job of it. I just don't see them chasing the top-tier guys
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have A LOT of "cap" space next year, and it could become even more if MIAMI unloads J LONG. And under the new CBA, don't the teams HAVE TO SPEND 90-95% of their "cap" $$$?

I'd go after BOTH a CB and a WR. MIAMI has the caproom for that, and also signing certain of its own F/As, while cutting some "dead wood".

Beyond that, this seems to be a good year for DEs. I read that as meaning "pass-rushers" for a "4-3". SO GET SOME!!! More pass rushing pressure from the RDE is ESSENTAIAL, unless we want WAKE to be double-teamed (if not TRIPLE-teamed) all day, every day.

MIAMI could then also look for a zone-blocking G . Both INCOGNITO and JERRY are "road-graders", and they belong on the right side of the OL. Ditto, GARNER, if he starts, whether at RG or RT. So the "hole" that needs to be filled, i/m/o, is an athletic, "pulling" LG. MIAMI doesn't have one, and it NEEDS one.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Resign Long Smith and Starks, got get Jermichael Finley, draft 2 receivers in the draft, draft 1 db, draft left gaurd. draft kicker in the 7th.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Asicswrg85 View Post
    We need to sign a FA WR or a FA CB. I say we pick up a CB in free agency and leave WR to the draft. We cant get the value we need at both positions without picking up one in FA. What we do will determine what we draft, but personally I think we can get a better value at CB in free agency than WR, the we can draft a WR in the 1st / 2nd and 3rd/ 4th.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    and then it will take another 2-3 years for a WR we pick up in the draft to become elete and will be in no better shape , look at the cb in dallas he is having a hell of a rookie year , i say that a cb coming out of the draft can make more of an impact then a WR coming out of the draft , and i say we needto pick up a WR in FA and draft a cb.

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_taylor View Post
    and then it will take another 2-3 years for a WR we pick up in the draft to become elete and will be in no better shape , look at the cb in dallas he is having a hell of a rookie year , i say that a cb coming out of the draft can make more of an impact then a WR coming out of the draft , and i say we needto pick up a WR in FA and draft a cb.
    There is absolutely no evidence for this. Look at Adriel Jeremiah, Look at Julio.
    Quote Quote