Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Barry Jackson: Early peek at Dolphins' options in 2013 draft

  1. -21
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,856
    vCash:
    43587
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Don't know about 4.45, he looks fast, plays fast but he's also not facing elite competition every week so he may look faster than he is cause the DBs are a little slower than bigger conferences. I'm guess low 4.5's for Patton. Bucky Brooks also compared Patton to Reggie Wayne which is high praise. Reggie came out of Miami as a very polished route runner with incredible hands. He timed much faster at the combine than I thought he would too, I think he ran 4.42 or something like that.

    Early in the season I thought Patton could last till the third, he may be mid to late 2nd round now but if he shows out at the Senior Bowl he could move up to early 2nd round. Very productive player. 183 receptions, 2594 yards, 24 TDs in two seasons is impressive any way you look at it.
    senior bowl for patton huh??? nice...him and terrance williams will be interesting to see how they fare in one on one db drills...any idea who all is committed to the senior bowl dbs and wrs???
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,218
    vCash:
    5200
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patton, Wheaton, Dobson, Mellette, D. Robinson, and Hamilton have all accepted invites to the Senior Bowl so far.

    At corner, Trufant, McFadden, Poyer, Banks, Davis, and Alford have all accepted invites.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    12,553
    vCash:
    5194
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    senior bowl for patton huh??? nice...him and terrance williams will be interesting to see how they fare in one on one db drills...any idea who all is committed to the senior bowl dbs and wrs???
    I've only heard a few names hoops. QB Tyler Wilson, RB Kenjon Barner, CB Leon McFadden, OL Brian Winters recently accepted invites. Others are CB Jordan Poyer, WR Markus Wheaton, OT Oday Aboushi, CB Will Davis, TE Ryan Otten, CB Desmond Trufant, DT Kawann Short, WR Aaron Dobson (excited to see him finally), TE Vance McDonald, WR Cobi Hamilton, LB Zavier Gooden, PK Dustin Hopkins, CB Robert Alford, DE Ziggy Ansah, CB B.W. Webb, LB Sean Porter, DT Cory Grissom, QB Mike Glennon and QB E.J. Manuel.

    I'm assuming Quinton Patton will get an invite along with Matt Barkley (although I don't think he'll accept), Geno Smith, Landry Jones, Ryan Nassib, Zac Dysert. I think only 3 QBs per roster so there are 3 openings left for QBs.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,856
    vCash:
    43587
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Patton, Wheaton, Dobson, Mellette, D. Robinson, and Hamilton have all accepted invites to the Senior Bowl so far.

    At corner, Trufant, McFadden, Poyer, Banks, Davis, and Alford have all accepted invites.
    hot dog...i like that...i think wheatons someone who is gonna rise...that kid can get separation in his routes...and i can't wait to see banks in that setting...
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,856
    vCash:
    43587
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I've only heard a few names hoops. QB Tyler Wilson, RB Kenjon Barner, CB Leon McFadden, OL Brian Winters recently accepted invites. Others are CB Jordan Poyer, WR Markus Wheaton, OT Oday Aboushi, CB Will Davis, TE Ryan Otten, CB Desmond Trufant, DT Kawann Short, WR Aaron Dobson (excited to see him finally), TE Vance McDonald, WR Cobi Hamilton, LB Zavier Gooden, PK Dustin Hopkins, CB Robert Alford, DE Ziggy Ansah, CB B.W. Webb, LB Sean Porter, DT Cory Grissom, QB Mike Glennon and QB E.J. Manuel.

    I'm assuming Quinton Patton will get an invite along with Matt Barkley (although I don't think he'll accept), Geno Smith, Landry Jones, Ryan Nassib, Zac Dysert. I think only 3 QBs per roster so there are 3 openings left for QBs.
    oboushi will be there...nice...thats a sleeper zbs left tackle imo...i like what i've seen there thru the years...but he needs time to work on that body and upper body strength...i like his feet and he moves pretty well...

    i think jonathon franklin of ucla should be there also...something about that kid i like...good balance i like his lateral agility and feet not a burner but he just gets yards

    definitely looking forward to seeing dobson and if he can translate that big body to separation in his routes and cuts or if he's gonna look like brian quick...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    12,553
    vCash:
    5194
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    hot dog...i like that...i think wheatons someone who is gonna rise...that kid can get separation in his routes...and i can't wait to see banks in that setting...
    Looking around now and I think OG Jonathan Cooper, OG Chance Warmack, DT Sylvester Williams and S Bacarri Rambo have also accepted an invites.

    Edit: Add DE Dion Jordan to the list.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,856
    vCash:
    43587
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Looking around now and I think OG Jonathan Cooper, OG Chance Warmack, DT Sylvester Williams and S Bacarri Rambo have also accepted an invites.
    nice the two top left guards...cooper is as athletic as any interior player i've seen that cat can move...i thought warmack was a junior...i must be off on that one
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    4,847
    vCash:
    10560
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Jonathan Cooper is about as athletic of a guard as I've seen. He's a good fit for zone. The issue with him is that he struggles to sit down and anchor in pass protection.

    Warmack is a good fit for either scheme. He essentially plays in a zone scheme under Stoutland and Joe Pendry before he retired. Although we also utilize the concept of "power", where he'll pull while getting a kick-out by the H-back or TE.

    Reality is, one of these offensive lineman could legitimately be the best talent on the board, and the best fit when a team like Miami goes on the clock if Joeckel, Warmack, and Cooper are still there.
    Oh no..please don't talk about O-lineman with our first couple of picks. Got-Dammit, I want 3-wide(2 burners and a possession guy) complemented with a seam busting TE as our "base" offensive set. Is that too much to ask for?

    For once I want an offense on paper at least that can "out score" teams....
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Birdmond's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2012
    Posts:
    605
    vCash:
    2271
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    Oh no..please don't talk about O-lineman with our first couple of picks. Got-Dammit, I want 3-wide(2 burners and a possession guy) complemented with a seam busting TE as our "base" offensive set. Is that too much to ask for?

    For once I want an offense on paper at least that can "out score" teams....
    That's what I'm thinking as well. No offensive lineman until round 4.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    finfan54's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    25,060
    vCash:
    20171
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Eifert couild be the guy. We know how much Philibin utilized the tight end position at Green Bay. He doesn't have that luxury with Miami and I don't think the team will keep Fasano. Clay flashes here and there, but consistency is an issue. We have no idea about Egnew -- I hope to see him play down the stretch. If the Dolphins draft in the middle of round 1, I think Eifert is definitely more in play than offensive linemen -- unless Matthews somehow fell there. He's a Texas A'M guy and a fantastic fit for what Miami does on offense.
    This is my guy for sure. If we have to put someone young at RT then this guy helps out in that regard and gives the ultimate red zone threat.

    I just dont see Philbin pickin WR in 1st round. People on here are going to be so dissapointed but Dwayne Bowe in FA would help squelch that pain.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Barry Jackson Dolphins Buzz - 7/09/2013
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 08:22 PM
  2. Barry Jackson: 2 New FA's Struggling Early
    By Hayden Fox in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 11:33 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-29-2011, 08:59 AM
  4. Barry Jackson: Draft Options.
    By FinAtic8480 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 10:06 AM
  5. Barry Jackson: Checking out Miami Dolphins' off-season QB options
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •