Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many starting qbs would you take over tannehill?

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmarino110 View Post
    some of us have been patient for 12 seasons...the patience with this franchise and its mismanagement is gone...the fact that we took a running based coach when the NFL changed the rules to make you throw the ball should show the idiots we have up front...gator appreciation day should show you the idiots up front...LONG OVER RYAN should show you the level of stupid...giving away marshall should show you the idiots up front...the only reason they wont take jake now is because he hurt himself, otherwise ireland would have paid him 20 million a season to suck...how many draft picks do we have left from ireland's first 2 years?

it is hard to be patient with this team...he asked a question...why dont you answer it instead of deflecting it..
    It's not Ryan's fault you have been waiting 12 years, it's not Philbin's fault. They just got here, give them a chance to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    That's not an excuse to not be patient with a rookie QB

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Lol did you lose an avy bet?
    No, I tend to use humor as a defense mechanism, it is helping me get through this season.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=TheWarriorFins;1064519869]That's not an excuse to not be patient with a rookie QB

I dont see washinton being forced to be patient with RG3...I dont see the colts being forced to be patient with luck...just saying...

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It's not Ryan's fault you have been waiting 12 years, it's not Philbin's fault. They just got here, give them a chance to succeed.

No, I tend to use humor as a defense mechanism, it is helping me get through this season.
    I do think the nickname "butt fumble sanchez" is pretty funny.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    [QUOTE=Dmarino110;1064519885]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post

I dont see washinton being forced to be patient with RG3...I dont see the colts being forced to be patient with luck...just saying...

Because Tannehill was expected to NFL ready like they were and the talent on their teams are equal right?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    some of us have been patient for 12 seasons...the patience with this franchise and its mismanagement is gone...the fact that we took a running based coach when the NFL changed the rules to make you throw the ball should show the idiots we have up front...gator appreciation day should show you the idiots up front...LONG OVER RYAN should show you the level of stupid...giving away marshall should show you the idiots up front...the only reason they wont take jake now is because he hurt himself, otherwise ireland would have paid him 20 million a season to suck...how many draft picks do we have left from ireland's first 2 years?

it is hard to be patient with this team...he asked a question...why dont you answer it instead of deflecting it..
    What does all this blather have to do with Tannehill? When did Tannehill become a Phin? 12 seasons ago? As if that is a long time. You should talk to the older members about patience. And my point stands. Because in your post you made my point.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Goes to show your expectations of a 19 game collegiate starter. Where as RG3 and Luck were both Heisman winners and multiple year starters for their college teams.

Why you don't understand that, I don't know. But it goes to show your inability to understand the difference between all the other rookie QBs and Tannehill. Tannehill was raw when he was drafted. EVERYONE knew that, but did you?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Last week at this time everyone was in love with Tannehill. Now you have fans and even some local sports writers bashing him and calling for his head. I really hate the bipolar actions of people from week to week. He is a rookie who is going through normal ups and downs, don't anoint him or write him off just yet. Forget what Luck and RGIII are doing right now, they were more pro ready and have better offensive weapons. All quarterbacks develop at different speeds and just because Luck and RGIII are doing better now doesn't mean they will be better in the long run.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=DolfanDuBbZ~;1064519907]

Goes to show your expectations of a 19 game collegiate starter. Where as RG3 and Luck were both Heisman winners and multiple year starters for their college teams.

Why you don't understand that, I don't know. But it goes to show your inability to understand the difference between all the other rookie QBs and Tannehill. Tannehill was raw when he was drafted. EVERYONE knew that, but did you?
    how long should we wait for him to get it?should he get it next year? should it be 4 years?

I said when he was drafted that i didnt think we would draft him just because ross said draft a qb...i didnt think that sherman would let people draft someone that couldnt make it...But i still thought taking a RAW qb was dumb especially top 10...Mark sanchez should be proof enough of that...

also im not necessarily taking it out on tannehill...the problem is the rest of the team and the front office...we have a team that traded away one of the best receivers in the game for 2 3rds...i dont care what type of player and personality you want, thats a bad trade...I dont have confidence in the front office to put the correct people on the field to help him...the smartest off season move this year was to dump vonte, and an even smarter one would have been to try and trade long, now ww get NOTHING FOR HIM because our front office isnt smart enough to see what we dont have (egos getting in the way)...ive said it before, if ross wants to use his money and help this team, go to green bay and tell evey scout and front office person he will pay them more to come to miami...

anyways this thread was about who you would take over tannehill right now...if we could make a madden trade who would you take...i answered...and i would take 15 people over tannehill today...maybe in 3 years it will be different...but god i hope we dont have to draft another qb in 3 years...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dude. Spot On. I am Pissed watching all the Players we Passed/Whiffed On Make other Teams Better. And We continue to Suck. We Should have Sucked for Luck. We Should have taken Drew Brees. We should have never let Wes Welker go, or Brandon Marshall. The Most Epic Mistake of all Time is Jake Long over john beck. Long will probably not be on the Team next Year, and Ryan is a Top 5 QB in his Prime. That set the Franchise back 10 Years+. But by all means continue to have Patience. We have a Ball Boy from the Bears setting us back for another year. Well there is always the Draft in 2013, maybe we can pick another O Lineman. Are O Line should be the Best in the League with the Picks/Money we put into it. But it is sub par just like the 2012 Fins. Looks like another Losing Season...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Only 12 years?

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I do think the nickname "butt fumble sanchez" is pretty funny.
    That play also gave the phrases "head up the a$$" and "brown nosing" new meaning.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote