I read in the USA today that the Miami Dolphins are now ranked #20 in the League (down from 19th last week) and they claim Dolphins are out of the playoffs. I also read Jake Long is out for the season, a former # 1 pick. So I would like to retract my comments as to whether this season was a success or a failure, and I'd like to change it to a "failure" (up-to-this-point) and the reasons why are stated below.
1) Every time this team showed some signs of promises right after the bye-week, Tannehill played flat and could not raise his level of play to better our position. (Seattle game the exception.)
2) Trading Brandon Marshall ended up being a mistake, as the two 3rd round trades did not pay-off and now we're hearing the excuse from many fans, that Tannehill has no one to throw to.
3) There are 4 weeks left in the season, and now the remaining 4 games will be nothing more than pre-season games.
4) Home game attendance dropped off and continue to slide.
5) Offense is not scoring enough points.
6) Running game never improved, though we have some decent running-backs.
If just one of the flowing things listed below happen, I may change my opinion.
1) Tannehill's TD-INT ratio evens out to a respectable number.
2) Dolphins finish 8-8 or better.
3) Rushing game finishes solid with Reggie Bush going over 1,000 yards.
4) Dolphins beat the Patriots.