Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The rich will pay more taxes, Boehner says

1. -11
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Would you like some salsa for that chip on your shoulder? Or you can just keep crying about how being an ******* towards everyone but white males wasn't a good strategy to win the Presidency. I guess it's really your choice...

Iíd rather speak the truth and lose elections than have to lie and buy peopleís votes with other peopleís money. You canít win on the issues and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    It would change a lot of people's voting tendencies if they were required to pay the higher rate they were trying to push on others.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post

Imagine how different our government might look if it were a "a la carte" in which each voter only paid for the programs he supported. How many would suddenly become advocates of smaller government?
    Exactly, if a person didnít contribute to the pie how is it fair they get to determine how it is sliced?

I wish we could just check off which programs we wanted our tax dollars to go to on our tax sheets. If I want all of my money to go to defense it should all go to defense, that way politicians would have to lobby for our money and how they want to spend it, if a program wasnít properly funded then it is obvious the people donít value it enough to fund it and it must be eliminated.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Iíd rather speak the truth and lose elections than have to lie and buy peopleís votes with other peopleís money. You canít win on the issues and you know it.
    Is that what you think Romney was doing?

Exactly, if a person didnít contribute to the pie how is it fair they get to determine how it is sliced?
    How about a system where only those who serve in the military get to vote, like Starship Troopers?

I wish we could just check off which programs we wanted our tax dollars to go to on our tax sheets. If I want all of my money to go to defense it should all go to defense, that way politicians would have to lobby for our money and how they want to spend it, if a program wasnít properly funded then it is obvious the people donít value it enough to fund it and it must be eliminated.
    So the problem in one thread is that people vote freebies for themselves and now you want a thousand page budget on the ballot? Yeesh.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Yeah, someone should totally have the option to contribute all their tax dollar to defense and nothing to the roads they drive on, police officers, teachers, parks, or anything else. I cant see the problem there TBH.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK we raise taxes....great. So what happens when Obama calls for more spending in the next 4 years?? Because anyone who thinks he's not planning on more spending is insane. There will be more for sure. Especially on the war front and government spending/power gimmicks to come. Government never stops expanding. It's like the Blob. Not using new tax revenue to balance the budget and pay off debt would be totally irresponsible. Just as bad as tax cuts and increasing spending.
    Last edited by Dolphins9954; 12-07-2012 at 12:49 AM.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The rich defending the rich in here? lol
    Quote Quote