Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Even if Long walks, we BETTER not take a LT in the first round

1. -11
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bpa
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    I long for the day when the offensive line is our biggest problem; when we don't need to worry about drafting players that put points on the board anymore and can pick offensive linemen with our top picks just because it's our last real need. So long as we need playmakers, the offensive line will not be our biggest issue. We need a WR and a RT? Draft the WR. We need a pass rusher and a RG? Draft the pass rusher. We have needs in 10 positions that directly impact the score and need a lineman? Draft any of the 10 positions before the lineman. We do it that way and we'll be drafting linemen at the end of the 1st and 2nd rounds when we have the luxury to not need playmakers.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I know this doesn't matter but Walter has the Dolphins taking a LT in round one and then a DT in round 2. I will go insane if Ireland does that. Martin can stay at LT and they can get a RT in free agency or draft one in round 3. As far as DT, if we keep Starks which I think we must then there's no need to draft one, specially in the 2nd round. This is what scares me about keeping Ireland. He's bound to do something like that.

Ozzy rules!!
    we dont need a LT even if Long walks because Martin can play LT. he did it for Luck at stanford and did a heck of a job , if anything we will need to find a RT. but not in the first 1st -2nd maybe in the 3rd we can find a RT but we dont need a LT , Martin can handle it just fine.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pinning your hopes on 3rd rounder to start his rookie year is recipe for disaster. I'm not saying he won't ever be a starter, however he'll need time to develop into that role.

Take a look at this last draft. 2 Tackles were drafted in round 3 - Lamar Holmes by Atlanta and Donald Stephanson by Kansas City. They have 0 starts between them.

In 2011 there were also 2 tackles drafted in this round, Jah Reid by Baltimore and Joe Barksadale by Oakland. Only the latter has a single start.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but have some perspective before saying posting stuff like that.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is no way, Miami does not have a plan of attack, big time actually. Lets see where we are at at draft time. But I know what you mean of course. Hopefully some things are addressed prior to the draft, but that might not be the case. It will be interesting to see the moves made before and after the draft.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we haven't learned the importance of prioritizing impact playmakers yet...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Even if Long walks, we BETTER not take a LT in the first round

If the linemen we have now (assuming Long walks) do pushups away from the table, hit the weight room and spend the offseason and training camp as a unit, we'll be fine. We need a wide receiver, a cornerback, a free safety, another pass rusher, and a tight end, not necessarily in that order. There's your first three rounds accounted for.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cdz12250 View Post
    If the linemen we have now (assuming Long walks) do pushups away from the table, hit the weight room and spend the offseason and training camp as a unit, we'll be fine. We need a wide receiver, a cornerback, a free safety, another pass rusher, and a tight end, not necessarily in that order. There's your first three rounds accounted for.
    I think this is fine for Martin, but Nate Garner is also a FA and I'd be highly shocked if Will Yeatman is ready to start at Right Tackle a year after his conversation from Tight End.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PLEASE NO OLINE IN 1st ROUND....skill players like wr or go d...pass rusher or safety help
    Quote Quote