Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I don't know why fellas, but I'm feeling good about the Niner's game....

1. -1
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks

HOMERISM I don't know why fellas, but I'm feeling good about the Niner's game....

I think we have a good shot to win it. Call me crazy, call me a homer. I've been pessimistic all year but I think we will play well tomorrow.

Why I think we have a chance to win:

1) Colin Kapernick - love the kid, I wanted him as a Fin, big arm, can run outside of the pocket...BUT he's still young and they haven't been scoring as much the last few weeks.
    2) Vernon Davis - Awesome player, but check the stats lately! I think they forgot that he is on the team. They are barely throwing the ball to the guy, this bodes well for us.
    3) Reggie Bush - He used to kill these guys while on the Saints - especially with screen plays. Can we please call some screens in this game to Bush or Thiggy?!
    4) Frank Gore - I love this guy. A beast, a bruiser, stud RB. However, you may not like how our defense is playing, but we bang running backs like Gore. The scat backs kill us, but we pound RB's like Gore. They will not run on us.
    5) Ted Ginn Jr. - Nice ST player, not 1st Round pick worthy but he may cough it up for us....very shaky return guy - but explosive if he gets a crack to run through.

Why I think we may get blown out:

1) Colin Kapernick - He can throw long, and he can run. Two things we suck at stopping this year. We need an LB spying on him, otherwise he could run for 120 on us and throw for 300.
    2) Randy Moss - He's been quiet, but he is a Dolphin killer. Who do we have to stop him? Sean Smith?
    3) Ted Ginn Jr. - Think Ginn won't be hyped about returning kicks against the team that kicked him to the curb? How many returns have we allowed for TD's this year? He could break two on us this game the way our boys have been playing. Leon Washington? Geesh.
    4) The 49er defense. Studs all the way across the board. We struggle to score 21 a game as it is, and now we face these guys? I hope Bess goes off for 200 in his hometown, but other than Bush (who plays soft at times IMO), I don't think Fasano, DT, Hartline, or Clay can get in the endzone for us.
    5) The 49ers lost last week. They usually roar back big after a loss (unlike our team). Home game, fired up after a loss, means they will be focused. If I'm them I pass first, get a lead, and then run Gore to death (a la the Pats) once we back off.

Anyway, regardless of all the crying this past week about Tanny. Our Defense played damn good against the high scoring Pats. If we can play similarly on Defense, we'll be in the game. If we can score 28 points. We can win this thing. What say you?

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I've seen nothing from this team that indicates that it can score 28 points without producing multiple turnovers in the opposing team's end, or scoring on special teams.

Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dont get your hopes up , plus most of us are hoping for losses, we need certain changes that can only be made with losses.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How much Coke did you do before you wrote this? I want nothing more than to win, but let us be realistic.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really? We are hoping to lose now? I just can't be that pessimistic. Although Martin and Garner better bring their lunch tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
    We always seem to play to our opponent's level. We have done that for years. We will play them tough. A win would not surprise me at all.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pretty tough to feel good about the Aldon Smith vs Jonathon Martin matchup.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This game will be a blowout, and Ryan Tannehill will be pulled for Matt Moore IMO.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Niners by at least 2 touchdowns
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Ryan tannehill isnt getting pulled unless he cant physically play. Matt moores time in miami will come to a quiet close.
    Quote Quote