Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Barry Sanders to the dolphins??!

  1. -31
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,502
    vCash:
    3666
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
Message: Bandwagon fan!Jets Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
Message: Benedict Arnold!Bills Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
Message: Traitor
    No thanks, he's too old!
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    Flip Tanneflop's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,125
    vCash:
    20975
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by 4th And Drunk View Post
    Barry was never a move the chains keep the D on the bench type of back. He would have obviously helped our cause but his contributions would have been far greater on the Offensive side.
    Sanders was the one type of back that wouldve been a good thing for the phins while Marino was playing.

    For years Ive heard the argument that all Marino needed was a running game and he wouldve won SBs. To me, this is absolute bull****. The last time I checked, a running game was part of the offense. When Dan Marino is your QB, you are good on offense. In fact, youre so good on offense, that trying to make a better running game wouldve been a total waste. All getting a good running game would do is take the ball out of the hands of the best player in the world. To me, that seems counter productive.

    No. What Marino needed was a DEFENSE! Just check all the years that the phins had a good defense before the late 90's. Each of those years were the ones Marino was able to take them deep in the playoffs. Give him the #1 defense that Montana, Aikman, and Young enjoyed with those 2 SB teams and I promise you that Dan Marino wouldve delivered SB titles without a running game. When Marino is your QB, youre scoring plenty of points with or without a running game. What you need is to keep the other team from scoring so many points. While I understand that a rushing attack can limit how long your defense may be on the field, the fact is if they are any good, they are going to get off the field themselves by stopping the opposing offense. In turn, that will put the ball back in Marino's hands which will of course result in touchdowns and victories.

    Having said all of that, Sanders was the one type of back who couldve been very useful to Marino. Just giving Sanders 15 carries a game wouldve been worth it. For one thing, he is going to hit the occasional homerun himself, therefore making it less of a problem not just letting Marino throw it. But, also any potential handoff to that guy is a SERIOUS threat to the opposing defense. Just the fact that they wouldve had to honor that so much more than handing it off to a regular type of running back, even a successful one, gives Marino that much more ability to harm them with his passes. Point being, handing it off to THAT GUY as opposed to another running back, even a good one, would not have been wasting opportunities for Marino. Sanders was the one guy who could equal the threat of Marino throwing when the ball is in his hands.

    Any other RB though....... **** all that just, I wouldve just let Marino throw it 60 times and wished the opposing defense good luck.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Flip Tanneflop's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,125
    vCash:
    20975
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Those Lions teams were underrated, they had some talent on O. obviously Barry was by far the best player and his presence opened things up but they had some talent. I think Miami would have made the playoffs but I doubt they would have won SBs if they brought Barry in during the late 90s.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,531
    vCash:
    7031
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CChambers84 View Post
    Arguably the best RB in NFL history. Wonder why more RBs dont emulate his style.
    Actually many have and do, but it quite doesn't work out as well for most, as they don't have the vision and insane agility that Barry had. Barry was one of a kind and I don't think there will ever be a running back that will be like that or run like he did. The one runningback that emulated some of his game like Barry was Ladanian tomlinson I think, and he's a great runningback, but even he couldn't make the cuts and change of direction like Barry could or Barry's agility.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by abNORMal View Post
    Dan was still the man at the end of his career, it was JJ's offense that handicapped him...he was not allowed to audible and the offense was supposed to be run first, like JJ's dallas Offense, but instead of emmit smith and a great run blocking o-line, we had Jabbar and great pass blocking o-line. We ran on first and second and Marino was always left with 3rd and long obvious passing downs to try to work his magic. JJ took the ball out of Dan's hands and tried to implement his bs run first offense.... Minny was still interested in Dan right before he retired.
    even the greatest slow down at the end of their careers, Dan was a shell of himslef in '98 & '99 and the Barry rumor was for 1999

    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    Why would that be a lie? Do you have a crystal ball that shows you alternate time lines? Did it show you the Lombardi being hoisted by Revis if you had any other QB starting the past couple of years besides Snatchez?

    It's called speculation dumb dumb. Since there's no way to know for certain what would have come of the pairing of Sanders and Marino, it's just fun to speculate. For instance... You lie every time you say Sanchez is a good QB and won those playoff games for the jests. We set you straight by discussing the reality that he's mind-blowingly awful. We speculate that the jests may have won a SB with anyone else under center. Why don't you like discussing reality junc? huh? why why why???
    I prefer common sense over specualtion just like you guys telling me Miami would have beatn Chi in SB XX when any sane football fan on the planet knows Chi would have whooped you.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    sm0kinfins's Avatar
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    1,848
    vCash:
    10354
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I prefer common sense over specualtion just like you guys telling me Miami would have beatn Chi in SB XX when any sane football fan on the planet knows Chi would have whooped you.
    Based off your inability to evaluate your own teams terrible QB, everyone here knows that you and common sense are distant strangers. And please, feel free to point out where I've ever even been involved in a SB XX discussion on this board. Or are you just speculating?

    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    1,066
    vCash:
    6799
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marino1313 View Post
    Was watching a football life.

    Jimmy Johnson had a "Herschel Walker" type of trade.

    The lions wouldn't because they wanted to him to play for them or nobody.

    marino and sanders... Man we could've won't 2-3 SB's.

    always what ifs I know... Didn't know till now watching that phins were really
    pusing to get him
    Alot of us thought we would get Berry...at that time and thru the years following his retirenment.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    Based off your inability to evaluate your own teams terrible QB, everyone here knows that you and common sense are distant strangers. And please, feel free to point out where I've ever even been involved in a SB XX discussion on this board. Or are you just speculating?
    I don't commit your ramblings to memory, I don't stalk you unlike what you do w/ me so I don't recall if you discussed SB XX but I've been attacked here for saying Chi would have killed you as we all know would have happened.

    What color is the sky in your world? Does it make you feel better thinking Barry would have brought you a Super Bowl?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    sm0kinfins's Avatar
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    1,848
    vCash:
    10354
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't commit your ramblings to memory, I don't stalk you unlike what you do w/ me so I don't recall if you discussed SB XX but I've been attacked here for saying Chi would have killed you as we all know would have happened.

    What color is the sky in your world? Does it make you feel better thinking Barry would have brought you a Super Bowl?
    Wanna know why you're attacked here? Because you're a goddamn troll. Pretty simple really. Unless you know with whom you've argued about what, try not arguing at all. You not knowing whether you and I even had that discussion but choosing to bring it up anyways just makes you look stupid. Fact.

    The color of the sky changes based on the weather dipchit. Happens here just like everywhere else. I imagine that it's always green in your world though based off the tint of your lenses. That "color of the sky" saying is for children. I expect no better from you though.

    Here's something we have argued about. The fact that I post plenty around here but you only seem to notice when I'm putting you in your place. Just once try to have an opinion about something other than the color of Snatchez's undies and try to contribute in some manner other than purposely pissing off the fans of our team on our site. That's right dickhole, it's more my site than yours.

    I'm sure you feel better thinking that Barry wouldn't have brought us a title. I know better though.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    Wanna know why you're attacked here? Because you're a goddamn troll. Pretty simple really. Unless you know with whom you've argued about what, try not arguing at all. You not knowing whether you and I even had that discussion but choosing to bring it up anyways just makes you look stupid. Fact.

    The color of the sky changes based on the weather dipchit. Happens here just like everywhere else. I imagine that it's always green in your world though based off the tint of your lenses. That "color of the sky" saying is for children. I expect no better from you though.

    Here's something we have argued about. The fact that I post plenty around here but you only seem to notice when I'm putting you in your place. Just once try to have an opinion about something other than the color of Snatchez's undies and try to contribute in some manner other than purposely pissing off the fans of our team on our site. That's right dickhole, it's more my site than yours.

    I'm sure you feel better thinking that Barry wouldn't have brought us a title. I know better though.
    I know why I am attacked here, it's insecure fans that cannot a)deal w/ the truth and b) deal w/ it coming from a rival fan.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Dolphins were close to acquiring Barry Sanders in 98?
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 11:57 PM
  2. LP Barry Sanders
    By Jt0323 in forum Graphics Talk and Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 12:21 AM
  3. Barry Sanders
    By Jt0323 in forum Graphics Talk and Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 11:04 PM
  4. Barry Sanders?
    By phinman1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-25-2004, 09:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •