Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barry Sanders to the dolphins??!

1. -21
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything. Larry Csonka

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CChambers84 View Post
    Arguably the best RB in NFL history. Wonder why more RBs dont emulate his style.
    What are you talking about? We got one on this team right now who tries to emulate him!
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By far the greatest to ever be in the backfield. Marino and Sanders would of been lights out. If you notice in the video how they stacked the line. They knew he was getting the ball and he still was a freak. Imagine with Marino throwing. Damn the Detroit Lions.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember reading article in USAToday when I was in high school looong time ago. The article mentioned that Dolphins offered Lions 1st round pick for Barry Sanders and Marino was pushing hard for the trade. The Lions will not trade for any amount of draft picks because they wanted Barry Sanders to play for them and not for anybody else so.... Lions screwed Sanders and Dolphins, oh well....
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Barry Sanders Junior. He's playing for Stanford now.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    I guess we'll never know...
    Uh excuse me, we know for certain now that junc has chimed in and set us straight.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Uh excuse me, we know for certain now that junc has chimed in and set us straight.
    why don't you guys like discussing reality? what is it about the land of make believe that you guys really love? Dan was not the great Dan his last few years under JJ, what makes you think he'd like like the Dan of 1984 in 1997? Would it make you feel better if I lied and said you would have won 3 SBs? you still had that D that always choked in a big spot but I guess you would have been scoring 70 pts a game w/ those 2 so I guess you are right. Miami Dolphins 1997-1999- should have been SB champs!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    Yeah... Good things never happen here.
    Post of the year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    why don't you guys like discussing reality? what is it about the land of make believe that you guys really love? Dan was not the great Dan his last few years under JJ, what makes you think he'd like like the Dan of 1984 in 1997? Would it make you feel better if I lied and said you would have won 3 SBs? you still had that D that always choked in a big spot but I guess you would have been scoring 70 pts a game w/ those 2 so I guess you are right. Miami Dolphins 1997-1999- should have been SB champs!
    Why would that be a lie? Do you have a crystal ball that shows you alternate time lines? Did it show you the Lombardi being hoisted by Revis if you had any other QB starting the past couple of years besides Snatchez?

It's called speculation dumb dumb. Since there's no way to know for certain what would have come of the pairing of Sanders and Marino, it's just fun to speculate. For instance... You lie every time you say buttfumble is a good QB and won those playoff games for the jests. We set you straight by discussing the reality that he's mind-blowingly awful. We speculate that the jests may have won a SB with anyone else under center. Why don't you like discussing reality junc? huh? why why why???

Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Yep. Wilson is quite impressive, although I will still take Tannehill over him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Dan was still the man at the end of his career, it was JJ's offense that handicapped him...he was not allowed to audible and the offense was supposed to be run first, like JJ's dallas Offense, but instead of emmit smith and a great run blocking o-line, we had Jabbar and great pass blocking o-line. We ran on first and second and Marino was always left with 3rd and long obvious passing downs to try to work his magic. JJ took the ball out of Dan's hands and tried to implement his bs run first offense.... Minny was still interested in Dan right before he retired.

Quote Quote