Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have a little patience...

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION Have a little patience...

I know us Dolphans are upset over the last few years. We have squandered some Millions in free agent signings, trades and draft picks. Some of that is to blame on Bill Parcells, some Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano. The VP and GM just draft the players, its up to the coaches to properly coach them up to be NFL players. Tony Sparano and his staff failed to do this. You see so many ex-dolphin draft picks finding success on other teams. Any ways, it was Bill Parcells who picked Sparano to be his puppet. Jeff Ireland just got caught along for the ride. It wasnt failed picking of players, it was failed coaching of players. Tony Sparano and Dan Henning effectivly ruined Chad Henne, who given the right coach could be a successful QB in this league. I dont think he will ever be the same player because of them.

It is now time to wipe the slate clean. New year, new regime. Jeff Ireland finally got his chance to bring in HIS coach. Not someone he knew from a past position, but someone to work with him to rebuild this franchise into the shinning star it once was when Don Shula was coach. You are seeing a fresh, talented draft class 100% better than any of the other past 4 seasons. This is because Joe Philbin is not only good at recognizing talent and character, but put together a crack staff that can properly coach the talent that is drafted into solid NFL players. This is the difference between average teams and perinnial playoff team studs like New England, Green Bay, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh. People think these teams are just good at drafting good players. But the truth is yes, they do draft well, but they coach the players they draft even better. That is the key to being a successful drafting team, and why you see teams like Oakland, Cleveland, Kansas City and Jacksonville fail at drafting players (and Miami in the last few years sadly) they dont follow up on putting their players in the best position to win.

Be patient with this team. We traded away Marshall and Davis in the offseason because Philbin knew, even with them we werent going to be a superbowl contending team with a rookie qb starting (yes I believe Tannehill starting day 1 was the plan all along). Yes, he knew that with them we probally could have gotten a wild-card, maybe even sneaked off a #4 sead division title. But be honest, even those situations arent reasonable and even if they are do you think we could beat Denver in the second round the playoffs, and then if we do then beat Houston on the road in the Championship game? probally not. Meanwhile Marshall is a year later and a headcase, Vontae is on the bench cause he cant cover.

Anyways the point is, we went into rebuilding mode. We have a very promising Qb with a very high ceiling and lots of young talent. We have a bunch of cap space next season and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Our team has a bright bright future and all of you should be excited and PROUD to be dolphans. All of you who think this team is garbage and have negative attitudes can just leave. Cause Im going to be enjoying this team when we are dominating the league in a couple years. The NFL Franchise isnt about year to year success, its about long term success and superbowl wins. Joe Philbin and his staff put us in a position to sustain this.

Give this team some time. Have some patience. Look past this year and the next. Dont worry, the world isnt ending Dec. 21, 25, Jan 1 or anytime soon. We are on the right track. Damn it feels good to be a dolphan...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I completely agree especially about Henne being ruined by the previous staff & Tannehill starting day 1.

The lowlight of the Meatball/Henning era was the game against the Bears on NFL Network (in Nov of 2010). Thigpen was the starter and they lined up under center the entire game w/ a injury riddled OL. Line up Thigpen in the pistol and let him do his thing... like he did when he was w/ KC (in 2008) and almost beat the phins.

Philbin is organized, prepared, literate, & able to adapt... in short the anti-Sparano. He IMO should get at least 3 seasons to see what he can do. To compare & contrast, it'll be interesting to see what Shanahan does at this time next yr when the league has figured Bob Griffin out.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Ummmm Philbin was Ross's coach Ireland wanted the guy from Denver.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Patience? This is one fanbase who deserves to be running out of patience.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patience? You do realize it has been 39 years since we last won a superbowl. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't have more than a couple of decades left to wait for these jokers to turn this thing around.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great thread! Also my favorite view.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post

Philbin is organized, prepared, literate, & able to adapt
    By adapt do you mean using Bush in the passing game because 7 receptions in 6 games isn't cutting it

By adapting do you mean the inability to try and throw a screen pass...ever

By adapting do you mean running on 1st down 90% of the time

By adapting do you mean a team that has 116 receptions by 2 wide receivers
    while all the other WRs have a grand total of 14 receptions and only 2 of those players and 6 receptions are left on this team.

By adapting do you mean finding a way to get the ball into an explosive player averaging 5.4 yards per rush
    do you try to throw him a screen or pass to utilize his abilities or are you satisfied he has only 2 receptions this year.

Adapting isn't Moore with 4 receptions all season and Matthews with only 2 receptions all season

If anything I think Philbin needs to adapt much better than what has transpired this season
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A decade+ of mediocrity and you want us to have patience?

The nerve of some folks to always defend the Dolphins...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Patience? You do realize it has been 39 years since we last won a superbowl. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't have more than a couple of decades left to wait for these jokers to turn this thing around.
    And there are teams who haven't won a single superbowl

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Patience? This is one fanbase who deserves to be running out of patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    A decade+ of mediocrity and you want us to have patience?

The nerve of some folks to always defend the Dolphins...
    Gonna have to deal with it and be patient with a rookie QB
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiikePHD View Post
    I know us Dolphans are upset over the last few years. We have squandered some Millions in free agent signings, trades and draft picks. Some of that is to blame on Bill Parcells, some Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano. The VP and GM just draft the players, its up to the coaches to properly coach them up to be NFL players. Tony Sparano and his staff failed to do this. You see so many ex-dolphin draft picks finding success on other teams. Any ways, it was Bill Parcells who picked Sparano to be his puppet. Jeff Ireland just got caught along for the ride. It wasnt failed picking of players, it was failed coaching of players. Tony Sparano and Dan Henning effectivly ruined Chad Henne, who given the right coach could be a successful QB in this league. I dont think he will ever be the same player because of them.
    imo the reason players that miami draft dont have success in miami is because we draft the wrong players , if you are a team say a run and shoot team you cant draft a player say for the wco , or a offence that runs the fun and gun and they are a type of player that is more of a short route runner , same way with the QB , you cant take a WCO QB and try and run a diffrent style of offence that he is Not use to , but isntable to ever be that kind of QB to run a diffrent style of offence , and imo thats whats been going on with alot of the players we have , and have had on our team, and thats why you are seeing them succeed in and on a eam that has ran an offence that he knows and can acutaly run.

Quote Quote