Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: hoops scoops...pats dolphins

1. -1
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks

hoops scoops...pats dolphins

i'll start by saying really liked the gameplan on offense with the way we came out...we got out of 2 wr base sets in i form and spread the pats out with 4 wr sets and single back looks and charles clay flexed out we just didn't make the plays when they presented themselves on offense...

first half we beat ourselves from the hot potato ball handling punt play by adolph hitler ehhh i mean brandon fields to the roughing the punter against jimmy wilson when we had the pats pinned on an all out blocked kick attempt which timing wise just wasn't smart to the dropped balls by the pass catchers we beat ourselves and against the patriots you pay when you give them things...and we did

dan dierdorf kept talking about how miami shut down the pats run in the first half what a dope i'm here to tell ya the pats only ran token type stuff in that half in the running game they wanted to exploit our lbs in coverage against aaron hernandez one on one with burnett and that was pretty much pitch and catch...dropped balls by wes welker only reason that game stayed close in the first half...

tried to warn people on here pregame that if miami showed blitz too early brady would exploit it and sure enough we show all out inside blitz he goes to the screen where the middle of the field is cleared out and welker walks in untouched...

in the 2nd half the pats decided to spread us out and make the running game the priority exactly what i was afraid of and sure enough we couldn't stop them when it mattered most...guys looks gassed on that last fateful 7 minute drive to seal the win and there was gashing holes in our run d inside the tackles...never fails miami has a shot to make a statement and the pats oline stomps all over us and puts us in our place...got us in nickle and ate our lunch with single back run calls

i give joe philbin credit for the way he called the game today...4th and 2 on the like 49 he punted and pinned the pats deep in the 3rd quarter late even if he doesn't get that ball on the 2 result thats the right call in a one td game and late when we faced a 4th and short and many coaches ie sparano would have brought in the field goal kicker and played not to lose he grabbed his junk and manned up and kept the o on the field for a 4th down conversion...yeah i know the drive ended in a field goal anyways but philbin played to win...

how bout the read option in the tight red offset shotgun formation with daniel thomas where the right de crashed down inside initially tannehill read it and kept it and had bess gotten a decent block even on the cb dennard he would have walked in instead tannehill shows off nice athleticism to go over the top and show the ball statue of liberty like for the td...if the rest of the league can run the read option why not miami in the tight red at least??? nice to see sherman has some tricks in the bag...anyways i was screaming for a naked bootleg in the tight red and felt had we gone to it in a heavy set tanny would have walked in...

now for some player observations...

jake long been nice knowing ya...unless i'm mistaken that makes 3 years since you've been here you've ended the season on ir...no doubt in my mind that's a torn triceps and a season ender...add tackle to the critical needs list folks...irelands crazy if he gives jake long high end tackle money this offseason...in prior years at least jake could fall back on his play when he got hurt this year the guy was a below average left tackle all told...period

incognito got used all over the place on the inside...get a real zbs left guard with a high pick investment this offseason miami...enough of this stuff

got to give the de's some love for the pass rush they provided...cam wake was a beast and it now looks like he's got a high end spin move as a pass rusher...take a look at the misi sack in the red after wake flushed brady out with the spin move rush if he learns to maintain his balance after that spin move in the future all i can say is watch out...cam wakes got all the tools as a pass rusher...wow

would have been nice to see our dts provide more consistent pass rush on the inside to not allow brady to step up in the pocket etc...the pats played most the game with a backup guard and we just didn't win enough against him and donald thomas in the pass rush dept...

looked to me like the pats made a concerted effort to double team jared odrick on the inside in the nickle running game and tony mcdaniel did nothing when he had one on ones where he must win after odrick was blown out...

will never understand why we play so much in critical stop moments soft coverage with the dbs against high end qbs with terrific accuracy and placement but we do and we give away pitch and catch at the chains conversions as a result...

overall i was happy with the effort considering what we were up against tannehill missed a few things vertical he needs to convert on but he also got hit during his motion multiple times and i still can't get over how good his decision making is with where he's going with the ball...it's tremendous i know that...he just doesn't force things and his presnap reads are spot on...the execution needs work at times and i'd love to see this kid climb the pocket more than he does to avoid some of this wide rush but that kids a qb you build around...and give the keys to the city

i can see why the staff is so high on ryan tannehill...he's got a tremendous future in the nfl

oh and reshad jones can play strong safety for me any day all day...that kids a difference maker and long term key keeper...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whoa Hitler came out of nowhere .

Good analysis.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    What were your thoughts on Martin after he moved to LT?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not at all impressed with the way Tannehill resets his feet on his passes. Watch the game again, he gets happy feet and he shortens his release for whatever reasons. He had a couple deep and mid range throws that were pure stinkers.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yikes. So now we need a LT, a LG, a #1 receiver, a shutdown corner, a seam threat TE, a pass rusher opposite Wake and depth at linebacker. At least, we have the quarterback to build around and, I believe, the right head coach. It's going to take two terrific offseasons to turn this thing around. But....hey we lost by 7 points to the best team in the conference and a Patriot team that has recently just been blowing teams out. What's the draft strategy now?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: hoops scoops...pats dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Not at all impressed with the way Tannehill resets his feet on his passes. Watch the game again, he gets happy feet and he shortens his release for whatever reasons. He had a couple deep and mid range throws that were pure stinkers.
    lol wow gotta love the internet
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    What were your thoughts on Martin after he moved to LT?
    he looked fine...i think with an offseason to get stronger in the upper body which is where he's lacking he'll make a solid zbs left tackle...i don't think though that he has elite nfl left tackle feet though...but neither does jake long

miami needs to protect nate garner though...i expect a lot of front side rush pressure the rest of the season...

jake longs been scared to death by outside speed rush so much this season he's been cheating the snap to get his initial kick step on the outside and giving guys shorter distance to the qb lanes on the inside...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I think that one glaring weakness that was pointed out in this game was Anthony Fasano in the passing game. If we want to run this no huddle offense we need a better pass catching tight end than him. He is a great in line blocker, probably the best in the game as a TE, however his weaknesses in the pass game become apparent when we try to speed up the tempo by mixing in runs and passes. Teams just don't have to respect him, and its sad when someone as poor in coverage as Brandon Spikes can easily shut him down
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    he looked fine...i think with an offseason to get stronger in the upper body which is where he's lacking he'll make a solid zbs left tackle...i don't think though that he has elite nfl left tackle feet though...but neither does jake long

miami needs to protect nate garner though...i expect a lot of front side rush pressure the rest of the season...

jake longs been scared to death by outside speed rush so much this season he's been cheating the snap to get his initial kick step on the outside and giving guys shorter distance to the qb lanes on the inside...
    He seemed fine, though I ended up noticing Garner more, for obvious reasons. I don't know about you but I think it would make more sense to have Jerry at RT. As fat as he is he has better feet than Garner and his lack of awareness on inside stunts and blitzes be mitigated. Don't know if they'll make that switch right away, but that's what I'd do. Then you decide whether to move Garner (who's smart but a statue) inside or go with Samuda (who's undersized but a better mover).
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    i think at times he did get happy feet and i think also at times that he feels phantom back side pressure and leaves the pocket early rolling to his strong side limiting the field he has to work with...but i also can't blame him for being a bit apprehensive about what his backside looks like with the way jake long has played this season...so i do think that rush pressure is getting in his head a little bit but he'll also stand in and deliver and face down the gun barrel to make a play...

the most important thing ryan tannehill needs to do in the pocket is climb the pocket when he can up inside and throw off an even platform...sometimes his footwork can escape him a little but i think over time that kids gonna learn to make consistent subtle movements to get clear throwing lanes etc and side step things to give him a better platform to throw off and clear vision...the kind of things andrew luck already does...

keep in mind this kids got 19 college starts and played wr for 2 damn years...his upsides franchise qb stuff all day long...
    Quote Quote