Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Aspects Of Our Game Tell You That...

1. -1
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION What Aspects Of Our Game Tell You That...

...we are finally taking (or are about to take) that long-awaited Turn toward yearly championship contention?

My answer is Tannehill; and he's overall performance this year. I see a bright future for our team with him behind center. His play, as a rook, assures me that our team is now turning that corner we have all been lusting to see since forever.

What about you?
    -

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finfansince75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was gonna say the same thing, Tannehill's worst performances seem like Henne's regular ones.. Our offense is catching up, playcalling is very conservative, but afterwards we will see a more unleashed RT and lots of playmakers around him... so the only way to go is up!!!

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Ditto on Tanny. Now make way for the Debbie Downers and Nancy Naysayers.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Tannehill and Philbin. People like to rag on Tannehill for not being elite after 12 starts and Philbin for little things like wanting a clean locker room, but I think those two are why we have hope going into this offseason and future years.

I understand we will get the typical posts saying "As long as Jeff Ireland is the GM will won't win for X amount of years" and that "Ross doesn't care about winning" but those two complaints are not exactly true. Ross absolutely wants to win and the idea that he doesn't is absolutely ridiculous. Ireland hasn't been great but we haven't fully seen what he can do when building a team for a coach like Philbin. Ireland and Parcells were a failure building a Parcells/Sparano type team, but a Philbin type team is much different and he is only one year into it. Another reason why I can take or leave Ireland is because I think Ross is giving Philbin and his staff much more say in player acquisitions. Ireland wouldn't have passed on Flynn and drafted Tannehill without input from Philbin and Sherman.

Philbin is a smart cookie and sure he himself have made rookie mistakes, but if given a chance by this organization and fan base will turn this team around in the coming years.

Having a young franchise quarterback to build around is a necessity in this league and Tannehill gives you that. He has been up and down this season, but I have seen glimpses of what he can be with more experience. Sure he isn't Luck or RGIII at this point, but that doesn't mean he can't be that good or better in a few years. Despite people saying we have no hope for the future, I think it looks bright. Mostly because we have Philbin and Tannehill.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Philbin, period.

He won't let us go through the C.Henne's and other garbage QB's we've had in the past as he actually understands the importance of what a great QB does for any coach/team. He wants team players that are true professionals. All of this makes me believe there will be major changes in our locker room this off season.

The arrow is definitely pointing up.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: What Aspects Of Our Game Tell You That...

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Tannehill and Philbin. People like to rag on Tannehill for not being elite after 12 starts and Philbin for little things like wanting a clean locker room, but I think those two are why we have hope going into this offseason and future years.

I understand we will get the typical posts saying "As long as Jeff Ireland is the GM will won't win for X amount of years" and that "Ross doesn't care about winning" but those two complaints are not exactly true. Ross absolutely wants to win and the idea that he doesn't is absolutely ridiculous. Ireland hasn't been great but we haven't fully seen what he can do when building a team for a coach like Philbin. Ireland and Parcells were a failure building a Parcells/Sparano type team, but a Philbin type team is much different and he is only one year into it. Another reason why I can take or leave Ireland is because I think Ross is giving Philbin and his staff much more say in player acquisitions. Ireland wouldn't have passed on Flynn and drafted Tannehill without input from Philbin and Sherman.

Philbin is a smart cookie and sure he himself have made rookie mistakes, but if given a chance by this organization and fan base will turn this team around in the coming years.

Having a young franchise quarterback to build around is a necessity in this league and Tannehill gives you that. He has been up and down this season, but I have seen glimpses of what he can be with more experience. Sure he isn't Luck or RGIII at this point, but that doesn't mean he can't be that good or better in a few years. Despite people saying we have no hope for the future, I think it looks bright. Mostly because we have Philbin and Tannehill.
    I think this is exactly correct. Anyone who has played or analyzed sports for a long period of time realizes that what separates the great teams from the good team is the "fine details". I am optimistic because Philbin is soooo detail oriented. This simple fact should make Ireland a better GM too bc he will know exactly what the team needs, in detail. Instead of needing a #1 receiver, Joe can say: I need a receiver that can run X routes well, we lack X specifically in our offense. I think that changes alot

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nothing tells me the Dolphins have taken a directional turn toward championship contention. It remains to be seen.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm excited about the number of draft picks we have and whatever cap money we have left over after free agency. I also like Philbin but feel his loyalty towards Mike Sherman might become an Olivadatti type scenario. I'm not sold on Tannehill but will not give up on him until year 3.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Nothing tells me the Dolphins have taken a directional turn toward championship contention. It remains to be seen.
    Would the Dolphins be better with Ryan Mallett than Ryan Tannehill?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Would the Dolphins be better with Ryan Mallett than Ryan Tannehill?
    no but they would be better off without ireland.
    Quote Quote