Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Aspects Of Our Game Tell You That...

1. -21
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Nothing tells me the Dolphins have taken a directional turn toward championship contention. It remains to be seen.
    I agree with this, I haven't seen anything this year that shows me we have taken that turn yet. I'm more than happy to remain patient with Tannehills learning curve, but right now all I see is unrealized potential. When I start seeing actual results on the field week in and week out, that's when we've actually turned the corner IMO.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    I also like Philbin but feel his loyalty towards Mike Sherman might become an Olivadatti type scenario. I'm not sold on Tannehill but will not give up on him until year 3.
    This has been my feeling, too. I believe that Sherman was hired out of loyalty/friendship. Coyle has been doing a decent job on defense with the talent available to him. Sure, there have been bumps along the way and some let-downs, but overall it looks like this could be a good defense by adding a few new players next year. On the other hand, Sherman's offense has gone nowhere fast. Players show a spark in one game, and then disappear. A lot of this has to do with playcalling and some questionable decisions as to who is playing certain positions at certain times. It seems just like in recent years... when Ricky Williams was running well and on a hot streak they sat him and put in Ronnie Brown, and vice-versa. This makes no sense if you're trying to win a game!

It's hard to form a fair opinion about Tannehill, because I have no idea how much of what has gone wrong with the offense this season is his fault. Bad playcalling, poor o-line play, and a lack of "dependable" playmakers who can get in the end zone all have contributed to making this one of the worst offenses in the league. As for what next year holds, I see the defense getting even better by adding a few key pieces. However, I consider this offense to be a total bust this year. It can be made into something which resembles an NFL offense by getting at least 2 new linemen, a #1 WR, and a seam-threat TE. But, I have no faith that Sherman can run a quality offense.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
    I agree with this, I haven't seen anything this year that shows me we have taken that turn yet. I'm more than happy to remain patient with Tannehills learning curve, but right now all I see is unrealized potential. When I start seeing actual results on the field week in and week out, that's when we've actually turned the corner IMO.
    +1

and I'd like to add that the play calling on offense reminds me a lot of the Henning playcalling. Nothing new or different.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

What Aspects Of Our Game Tell You That...

Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Nothing tells me the Dolphins have taken a directional turn toward championship contention. It remains to be seen.
    The development of Reshad Jones is stabilizing an important part of our defense. Tannehill has the potential to be a big improvement over Matt Moore. I have seen many fewer conditioning related issues. Philbin ran an efficient training camp. All of the secondary are performing better in run support. Philbin and Ireland made the correct choices about letting go players that will not help us in,the long term. Those are signs of improvement.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    That Dolphins 5th Quarter show has noticeably improved this season. The presentation is a tighter and Sam Madison has either taken speech lessons or practiced quite a bit.
    Thread winning answer right here.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see Tannehill as a positive. Needs a good quarterback coach to work with in the off season to cut down on the INTs.
    I like that Coach Philbin SEEMS to know what he has to work with now and MIGHT now know what he needs to become competitive.
    Just hope and pray Ireland gets "it" and suddenly knows how to build a competitive team.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Before Miami has turned the corner, Tannehill has to play better than the 31 ranking he presently has as a QB.
    Quote Quote