Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: What Position Would You Address First At 13?

1. -71
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WR. this team's biggest problem is scoring points. even with a weak secondary, the defense is still pretty good. So IMO WR is the biggest need at this point
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't want anyone but Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter in the first round.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm picking Manti Te'o all day long .... hopefully, we'll end up around 9 or 10 ...
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNative0722 View Post
    I don't want anyone but Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter in the first round.
    I love Justin Hunter as a player, but he may have played his way into the 2nd round. Miami could trade down and likely still get him, which wouldn't be a bad idea. Keenan Allen would be a great pickup. I don't know how serious Allen's injury is, but Hunter doesn't look to be 100 percent after his ACL tear. Those are things Ireland will need to look into. Another option for the passing game that I like is Eifert. If you can pair him with a speed burner at wr that would really help the Dolphins offense.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it's more important to draft players that will stick and be successful in the NFL rather than just draft to draft for a specific position. After all the botched picks we have had in early rounds I'd like to take the BPA that falls into one of our need categories....DE, NT, WR, CB, even linebacker or RB. As long as it's a pick we end up signing for god's sakes....
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    BPA is really just short for best player available at a position of need - like CB, WR, DE, LB, ect.

I think we can rule out QB, OL, and S, but all other players are fair game for a top 15 pick. I think there is a different dynamic this year than we have seen in the past in that character will be even more important when scouting players.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    BPA is really just short for best player available at a position of need - like CB, WR, DE, LB, ect.

I think we can rule out QB, OL, and S, but all other players are fair game for a top 15 pick. I think there is a different dynamic this year than we have seen in the past in that character will be even more important when scouting players.
    OL is fair game especially for this front office and especially if Jake Long leaves. Even if Jake doesn't leave, I wouldn't be shocked to see a Chance Warmack as Jeff Ireland's pick.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    OL is fair game especially for this front office and especially if Jake Long leaves. Even if Jake doesn't leave, I wouldn't be shocked to see a Chance Warmack as Jeff Ireland's pick.
    I'd be really surprised if its on OL with our top pick. I know I know....its Jeff Ireland and all he does is draft OL in the first round and let us down every year and he's such a terrible drafter, but people also assumed he wouldnt take a QB last year because he doesnt value QBs. And lets just say that he really wanted to draft an OL, you really think a power guard is good for the ZBS?? Sounds to me your are just trying to take a shot at Ireland here than put any thought into who he would pick.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was thinking the same thing. Warmack or Matthews are strong possibilities. I know fans wouldn't like it, but those two could be the best players on the board when Miami picks. I think Eifert is also a guy that makes a lot of sense for Miami. I like the idea of teamming him with a speed guy like Austin or Wheaton.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I just threw up in my mouth because that has a real good chance of happening
    Quote Quote