Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Luck was our QB, would we lead our division?

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

If Luck was our QB, would we lead our division?

[B][/B]
    Our receiving corps has been much maligned, but do you think we would have a better record with Luck over Tannehill? I think our record is easily 7-5 with him at the QB. Don't get me wrong, love the upside of RT but I think we would be a playoff team with more consistent QB play.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO with this OL and runnin game, Luck wouldn't be that much better than RT. Maybe we would have one more win. Lets also not forget that RT was better against the blitz than any QB in the league (including Luck). Then they stopped blitzing for a few games, just in time for the OL to turn to garbage for them to start blitzing again.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    IMO with this OL and runnin game, Luck wouldn't be that much better than RT. Maybe we would have one more win.
    ...have you seen Indy's OL and run-game? Both are far worse than ours.

But really...dumb thread.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    ...have you seen Indy's OL and run-game? Both are far worse than ours.

But really...dumb thread.
    Miami's rushing offense is 17th, Indy's is 18th and we are both averaging 3.9 YPC. With that I argue that their OL isnt worse than ours. Our pass protection isnt half as good as it was the first half of the season and our run blocking is much much worse.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    MIA#1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Luck has playmakers.. We have none we don't use Reggie enough
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The point of the thread was to point out that even though our offense has been statistical **** this year, it is not that far away from producing a playoff caliber team. Even with this receiving corps we would definitely be in the playoff race with better performance at the QB position. That is why I love that Tannehill is taking all the snaps this year because it will only advance his development. Add a couple of receiving weapons and this team is ready.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

If Luck was our QB, would we lead our division?

No! The colts don't lead their division and we will see Monday night that NE is better than Houston. Tom Brady is going to tear that secondary apart, mark my words. We all saw what Rodgers did to them and Henne and Stafford had success. Brady will torch them.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pags77 View Post
    The point of the thread was to point out that even though our offense has been statistical **** this year, it is not that far away from producing a playoff caliber team. Even with this receiving corps we would definitely be in the playoff race with better performance at the QB position. That is why I love that Tannehill is taking all the snaps this year because it will only advance his development. Add a couple of receiving weapons and this team is ready.
    I wonder if every other 5-7 team is saying the same thing (Ie the Bills, Jets, Rams, Cardinals, Vikings...) Granted we have a young QB with tons of potential. This upcoming offseason will be the most important one in Dolphins history. We have a ton of cap space and draft picks and if Ireland screws that up like he did this past offseason, we will not be a playoff team for a good number of years.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami's rushing offense is 17th, Indy's is 18th and we are both averaging 3.9 YPC. With that I argue that their OL isnt worse than ours. Our pass protection isnt half as good as it was the first half of the season and our run blocking is much much worse.
    Yea, if you include QB scramble yards (which Luck has a ton of - 250-300). Reggie gets 4.5 a carry; they have no RB above 4. Oh and their great OLine has given up more sacks than ours. Indy's offense is one-dimensional, and Luck gets it done. I don't know if your hypothetical makes you feel better about our sub-par QB play...? What if Tanny had Indy's defense that gives up 26 a game?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if every other 5-7 team is saying the same thing (Ie the Bills, Jets, Rams, Cardinals, Vikings...) Granted we have a young QB with tons of potential. This upcoming offseason will be the most important one in Dolphins history. We have a ton of cap space and draft picks and if Ireland screws that up like he did this past offseason, we will not be a playoff team for a good number of years.
    I would take Tannehill over Fitzpatrick, buttfumble, Bradford and any, guy the Cards can throw out there which makes our future a little brighter.
    Quote Quote