Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interesting runningback stats

1. -1
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION interesting runningback stats

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1

was just checking out some stats on NFL.com and glooming&dooming about reggie bush not breaking 1000 yds and definitely not "leading the NFL in rushing" when i noticed something pretty interesting...

every runningback with over 500 yards had at least 16.5ish carries per game at the minimum, most closer to 20-21 carries a game.

only reggie bush and cj spiller average about 11 per game. that's not to say I haven't seen reggie's appauling runs-for-losses this season, they stick out every game, but the guy does have 750 yards averaging just 11-12 a game. you have to admit another 9 carries a game x however many games would put him up there with some of the other guys. even inspite of being a little banged up and being benched...

do i consider him a top 5 back? no. but i don't see how we can let someone in their prime with his playmaking ability walk unless he wants some kind of HUGE contract. i'm just not ready to put the reigns in the hands of daniel thomas and lamar miller. i would be stoked if we didnt have a huge hole at RB, and if we didnt need to address the position at all next year. keep thomas, miller, thigpen, and bush for another year. =] thanks

edit: also anyone else notice RG3 is on pace for 1000 yards with a 6-7ypc average??? pretty sick, didnt realize peterson is already at 1450 yards with 8 TDs,.... holy cow arian foster has 13 TDs?! and congrats to new england on ridley, dude is the real deal... =/
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still feel that we are not using Reggie to his full potential. The run-blocking is not as good as it was at the beginning of the season either, and it doesn't help that Reggie has started dancing more in the backfield.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeperImage View Post
    I still feel that we are not using Reggie to his full potential. The run-blocking is not as good as it was at the beginning of the season either, and it doesn't help that Reggie has started dancing more in the backfield.
    ya i agree with you, for the money he will probably cost its worth it to keep him i think. he wants to be here, hell keep taking 5 million a season i think
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Daboll used him better last year, he used him in the passing game a lot more.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont think he should come off the field. Compared to some of the trash that we have been using at that positioin Bush should have been our 3rd reciever and Miller or Thomas as third down options.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watch the fins and I have no doubt that they have no intention on trying to win games. They are masquerading as trying to win but they are really not. and it might not be a bad move being that they have no shot at the super bowl anyways.

But the misuse of reggie bush has been an absolute crime. How is the guy not getting 3 or 4 screen passes a game? It makes no sense.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I watch the fins and I have no doubt that they have no intention on trying to win games. They are masquerading as trying to win but they are really not. and it might not be a bad move being that they have no shot at the super bowl anyways.

But the misuse of reggie bush has been an absolute crime. How is the guy not getting 3 or 4 screen passes a game? It makes no sense.
    What a horribly stupid comment.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeperImage View Post
    I think part of his dancing is because of the terrible run blocking in the 2nd half. The OL can't create holes like it was doing.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

JEST Troll...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We Don't know how to Use Bush. He is the Best Player we have on O. Where are the Screens. Slot Position Catches...Remember when we did not know how to get the ball to Brandon Marshall? Or we thought Wes Welker sucked? Like to have all 3 of those guys on our Team now, and we would be much better. For the record Ted Ginn Jr too.
    Quote Quote