Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: CBS sports Rob Rang believes Keenan Allen would "flourish" in WC offense

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

CBS sports Rob Rang believes Keenan Allen would "flourish" in WC offense

CBS Sports' Rob Rang believes that Cal junior Keenan Allen should, "emerge as a legitimate No. 1 wideout in the NFL.

Rang cites Allen's size, physicality and relatively precise route-running along with saying the junior is "capable of turning short catches into long gains due to his agility, balance and vision." He does admit that Allen "does not possess elite acceleration" but the Bear could flourish in a timing based west coast offense.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/cfb/nfl-draft

I'm starting to like this Allen kid especially if he would excell in a WC offense.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do think he'd be a great fit and would love to see him in Miami. I'm not thrilled by the free agent wide receivers and I don't think the Dolphins will spend big on free agents. So the draft is where it's at. I still expect Miami to go DE in the first, but the situation with Jake Long could change the draft approach as well.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Crystal River, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As I said in another thread, my interest, or lack thereof, in Allen would depend a lot on what FA had for us before draft weekend. I would love to pair Allen with a burner, someone who could help prevent defenses from trying to bracket him, or double him because his size presents problems. If Allen has to come here and be the #1 guy right away, I think it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on him. Especially if he is our first round pick. Not saying he wouldn't rise to the occasion, I just think it raises the bar of expectations, and as we have witnessed god knows how many times, our fans aren't the most patient with these kinds of things.

His skillset is impressive, and in a system like the WCO, that puts emphasis on YAC, he can be a weapon. He has the size to box out defenders, shake free from a tackle, and the shiftiness/ability to accelerate to make a defense really pay. He is one of the 4 or 5 guys I really like for Miami to take in the draft, and feel he could open things up for our offense.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    allen and patterson are perfect for the wco
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think all of the above has been known about Keenan Allen for a while now.

Allen just isn't talked about as much because he's at Cal.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If they draft him fine, BUT they better get a burner as well! Call me crazy but I would draft S.Bailey also....
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well jeez, thanks for stating what's been very obvious for a long time Rob.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Drafting a combo of Allen/Patterson or Allen/Bayley (or Patterson/Bayley for that matter), with Bess over the Slot and Hartline on packages, and resigning Bush, would greatly improve our arsenal of weapons...RT would finally have the groceries, and we can focus on D the rest of the way (assuming we can somehow maintain/improve the Oline through FA)
    Quote Quote