Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Keep you heads up phins fans lets remember we are 2 missed FG's from 7-5

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Haven't watched Henne a full game - but the highlights I've seen look decent...he looks lighter, quicker feet, more enthusiastic/energetic. He also has two up and coming stud WR's IMO.

Damn it, we better not lose to the Jags!
    The ridiculous Henne bandwagon that started up has almost immediately caught fire and rolled off a cliff. He's played decent but a lot of his success came from YAC. Even on a hot streak the dude has trouble completing over 50% of his passes. He might have a good game left in him when he plays us but that will probably end up being his career peak.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look, I understand that we all want to win, and it will happen. But entering the season I felt that this was a rebuilding year anyway, new coaches, new QB, new O-Scheme, new D-coord, nearly a new everything. So guess, what like anything else there was no guarantee that they were going to be on fire with all that was going on. We will be fine.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Last year was the same way. A bad loss to Cleveland, another one to Tebow, and it goes on. So close, but we werent that good last season, with or w/o Tony.

"I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the maaaan.."
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I always look at the number of rushes. It's the most basic method to evaluate which side controlled the game. In the NFL, 82% of games are won by the team with highest number of rushes. That percentage really hasn't changed, despite the lower number of rushes league wide.

The Dolphins have played 3 games among 12 in which the losing team had more rushes. So that's about standard, 25%. It should be 2 or 3 right now, to fall within the range of highest expectation.

Miami was on the wrong end of 2 of the 3, winning the rushes handily against the Jets (43-33) and Cardinals (29-15) despite losing, while defeating the Rams while on the low end of rushes (27-18).

At best I could propose we should be 6-6. The Cardinals loss was terrible, no question about it. Miami controlled that game. I remember looking at the stats at one point in the 4th quarter and they aligned with roughly 85% expectation. The first Jets game was an unfortunate loss but nowhere as bad as the Cardinals game. New York was very wise to keep running even though they weren't having success. A 43-33 gap (obviously numbers high due to overtime) is hardly as decisive or meaningful as 29-15 or 27-18. Teams with fewer than 20 rushes seldom win while at 30+ the percentage is very good no matter what the opponent manages.
    Quote Quote